{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bangkok Bank ATM cards  (Read 7301 times)

Tassie

Bangkok Bank ATM cards
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:01:57 PM »
This morning I went into the Nang Rong Branch of the Bangkok Bank and asked if my Bangkok Bank ATM visa card could be used in Australia, as I am going back home for a couple of weeks to sort out a deceased estate.  The girl at the teller window said absolutely not, then the girl at the next teller window concurred that I could not use it.  I asked to speak to the manager but he was nowhere to be found but I expect a senior staff female when asked about my ATM card repeated what the 2 tellers had earlier said.  Then a male staff employee piped in and said I couldn't use it in Australian ATM's.  They said I would have to get a new one and that it would take 3 or 4 days for the new card.  The new card according to them was the blue card not the multi-coloured card which I had.  The blue card is in fact the old card and the multi-coloured card is the new one.
My wife was with me so there were no translation problems.
 On a hunch I decided to go to the Bangkok Bank at the Mall in Korat where I had my account.  Both ladies I spoke to said yes I can use the card in Australia but to confirm it they called an information officer at head office who spoke very good English and he confirmed that I could use it and that he would contact the Nang Rong branch and tell them what happened.
I guess my instincts took over from the rampant lose face syndrome that affects much of Thai society.  Instead of saying they don't know and phoning someone who does, I spent another 5 hours in travel and the hire of a taxi.  Am I frustrated, you bet I am.
Regards
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:04:15 PM by Tassie »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Bangkok Bank ATM cards
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Yes there are 2 BBL cards in circulation, the one with Union Pay Logo you can't use abroad, but they now issue that card as standard (AFAIK) when you go into a branch and ask for a replacement card.

The one (Blue) with the Visa logo on it you can use abroad with no problem (but !!!!!!!!! when you get a new card at first it's not enabled for ATM transactions, so when you get one ask if it's enabled for ATM use.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick