{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 2017 Truck Battery & Jump (booster) leads.  (Read 11959 times)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 2017 Truck Battery & Jump (booster) leads.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »
I bought my truck in September 2014 so actually just short of 3 years. I guess still not to bad for the climate but as stated by others, I'd expect a much longer life back in the UK.
Possibly one thing to consider where my truck is concerned, I do quite a lot of small/short journeys just into Lam Plait Mat town so possibly a factor.
At any rate, the final death of the battery is probably in part down to me as I did run it complete flat a few months ago through my error leaving the camera plugged in and expected to have to change it then.

Battery now replaced. I went to gets price from Ford first. They quoted 4,100 fitted so rather than mess around I just said go ahead. Factor in the free coffee, cake, biscuits +Free fuel system cleaning treatment, tyre check and washer fluid top-up I'm probably about even money wise but have a like for like exchange Ford Battery. Only 12 month or 30,000 warranty (whichever first).

Davu. I'm also not a great lover of the idle/stop feature they put on cars these days. Must ruck doesn't have it. However from a safety point of view I've often thought that maybe not a bad feature to have in Thailand when at traffic lights. That slight delay in moving forward does allow for the opposite direction light jumpers and cut in front of you bike riders to get clear. I have kind of trained myself to count slowly to 3 before moving when I'm at the front and the light goes green. You've got the auto system.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »
Heat is the killer of batteries.

As an example, a battery should last 10 years if subjected to temperatures 27c or less. That drops to 30 months if temperatures are around 41c.

Our Mazda BT50 is 30 months old and the battery is still going strong.

Well.....4 years and 3 months and time to change the battery. It wasn't dead but the car was sluggish on start up. I decided to change it before it lets me down. 3500 baht for a GS. Got 500 baht back on my old one. Quite happy with the life I got out of the old one.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 09:30:30 AM »
Well after four or five times coming to find my truck battery dead I?m going to replace it. Got only 2 and a half years out of it. Left me stranded at airport after being parked only two days.

Anyone have recent experience with buying a good battery that I can get today?  I would go to ford but they are closed and I don?t know what kind of luck I?ll have without an appointment in the morning.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
Unless something has changed the Ford prices for batteries aren?t to bad. I don?t think you would have a problem in the morning. For something like a battery I?m pretty sure you could just role up and they will do it straight away.
If you want today then maybe worth a look at B Quik by Robinson?s. Not sure about there pricing for batteries but they are competitive on other things and give a good service.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »
Well after four or five times coming to find my truck battery dead I?m going to replace it. Got only 2 and a half years out of it. Left me stranded at airport after being parked only two days.

Anyone have recent experience with buying a good battery that I can get today?  I would go to ford but they are closed and I don?t know what kind of luck I?ll have without an appointment in the morning.

I got mine in the shop on the same side of the road as Robinsons. From memory it is just before Robinsons. Many different brands. Good prices. 500 baht for your old one.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
Thank you guys very much.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »
Well rather than be in a big rush for no real reason I decided to go to ford dealership this morning. Let them do diagnostics and get repair done with warranty. I?m also having them check out what sounds like an old computer hard drive searching for files which happens when I turn the truck off. Mine is the ranger 2.2 mt. Anyone with similar truck notice this noise?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick