{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies 2017 – Buriram Immigration  (Read 54002 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Retirement Extension for Dummies 2017 – Buriram Immigration
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »
Wow, just completed getting a new extension at Buriram Immigration (BI), almost a pleasure after having to deal with KCI.  Based on Thailand Bart’s experience I took the following:

·    Passport
·    Copies of all used pages of Passport
·    Income Verification (I used an Embassy Letter)
·    They also asked for copy of TW’s ID which we provided
·    Photo
·    1900 baht

That was it.  They had me sign the Passport copies and TM 7 they provided.

I then had them add a multi-entry Visa.  I provided:

·    Passport
·    Copies of all used pages
·    Photo
·    3800 baht

They had me sign the Passport copies and TM 8 they provided.

As back up I had the housebook (with copies) and updated bankbooks, but they were not required. 

I arrived at 0945 got #25, and was done by 1040.  They provided the TM 7 and TM 8, took my photo (but still required a photo back for both).  Very professional. 

BTW, BI is Now Air Conditioned (looks like donated by a local business, Lanee(?))

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies 2017 – Buriram Immigration
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:30:54 AM »
Some additional items:

-  The agent said that 90 day on-line reporting is not working for BI and I would have to visit in person in April.

-  The 10 year visa has not been implemented yet.  They are aware that it is coming, hopefully available for next year. 

-  On the 1st desk there are numbers to get in line. 

Out of all my experiences dealing with Thailand Immigration to include Korat and KCI, this BI office is very professional and helpful in their support.  We are very lucky to have this office here. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
Just a very minor thing to look out for. When I was there I noticed they don't look after the 'take a number'system very well. Saw that some people who had finished just left heir number on the table and it wasn't placed at back of pack. Next person through the door took loose number sitting on table and was straight to front of queue.

Offline KeithD

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
An update from urleft's post on January 18.

I went to the Buriram Immigration office today for my first retirement extension, having used Non Os from Savannakhet for several years.

I submitted the documents suggested by Urleft which was fine until they reached the British Embassy letter.

The I.O. told that he was unhappy with the embassy letter as proof of income as, although the embassy had seen the supporting documents, he hadn't.

He initially told me that I needed to supply a copy of my Thai bank statement showing the pension payments being received on a monthly basis; my wife later told me that he said to her that he wanted statements for the previous six months.

Luckily I had with me the documents that I had previously submitted to the embassy, and after some discussion he agreed to accept those; even though only one of the three was an original, the others being printed copies.

Following that everything went fine with the issue of the extension and re-entry permit.

Coincidentally, I heard last week of an American guy who lives locally to us, who was recently refused a retirement extension at Buriram for the same reason, even though he had previously had several extensions with no problems.

Is this just Buriram Immigration? Is this just one I.O making his own rules?

Offline jmcet

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
Just a quick note. Did my 3rd retirement extension at BI last week. Was questioned about embassy letter of income. IO said it was quite high and neither my bank account or the wife's shows any income from outside of the country. I was more or less expecting this and told the officer that we used the ATM to access money from the states.
I had copies of the receipts, (balance blacked out) showing the 200 Bht fee. He had no problem after that to issue the extension and reentry. entire process took about 1 hour and that included waiting 30 minutes to be served.
I can understand his concerns and was prepared. Service IMO was polite and professional. Much better than KCI had been in the past

Offline SOM LUCK

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:06:58 AM »
I had much the same experience. The IO asked to see Pass book deposit info as a back up for embassy income statement. He was very professional and polite. Whole thing took less than 30 minutes.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »
I know of a couple of guys who had similar problems at KCI, prior to Buriram immigration opening.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:56:02 PM »
Did my 90 day yesterday.  Could not have been better.  Answered several questions for me; i.e, how might I change the expire/renewal date to 60 days later than is currently set (end of September). Answer - will be addressed at time of renewal. Sorted out the missing multi entry issue I was having; resulted in obtaining a single entry for the remainder of this extension year.  All 3 IO's very helpful and patient with my horribly selective hearing issue. 

At the renewal time, only paperwork required will be the Embassy income document and bank statement. 

Nothing new re 10 yr retirement, yet. 

Offline waynesurin

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »
Excellent thread.  Thanks for the information.  I will be converting to a marriage visa in the coming months and appreciate the information.  Can you provide an address or general location?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »
Do you not live in Surin??

Also.. What exactly do you mean when you say you are "converting to a marriage visa"?

Offline waynesurin

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 08:24:14 AM »
Yes, I guess I will have to go to surin city?  I will be living near Satuek, just outside over the border.  I currently have a one year multiple entry Non-O. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
If your postal address is Surin you will need to go to Kap Cheong.

What you will be doing is applying for an extension based on being married to a Thai.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
Guys, 
Can anyone give me a quick summary of the requirements when I get a new passport. I currently have retirement extension and re-entry permit in existing passport. When I renew, how does that all transfer to the new passport??

Thanks

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
When you get your new passport you ask for a letter to request transfer of stamp. You then go to immigration with new passport and letter and your stamps will be transferred.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »
So I request that at the British Embassy in Bangkok and then take letter with new and old passport to Buriram immigration.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick