{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Life with the Thai Wife  (Read 53562 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Life with the Thai Wife
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2018, 07:00:57 PM »
STATISTIC THIS IS A FRIGHTENING STATISTIC , PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST WORRISOME IN RECENT YEARS. 25% of the women in this country are on medication for mental illness. That's scary. It means 75% are running around untreated

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »
I can't seem to get the Thai Women to understand garden hose maintenance:

1.  Do not let the hose crink. 
2.  Roll up the hose water water pressure
3.  Do not let hose crink on the hose reel. 

I need to invest in hose connectors I use to fix the hoses (BTW, Home Pro has orange, light green and blue connectors; go with the orange as pictured). 

This morning I had to re-reel 2 hoses to get rid of crinks.  As can be seen I have to repair the hose a lot.  I've seen the Mom watering with a crink just behind her blissfully unaware of the damage she is doing.  If it cracks and leaks, just wrap in plastic. 

I am also on my 3rd hose reel.  The first was plastic, the hose was rolled on the reel without the water on, so when the water was turned on the hose expanded and crushed the reel.  The 2nd was a metal reel I found at Thaiwatsado, they broke the handle.  The latest heavy duty reel I brought from the US (however it was made in China and  cost $45).  But then the other day I looked and the hose was rolled up backwards meaning it was crinked where the hose connects to the reel.

Part of the reason Thais don't understand water hoses is that they use tubing, not hoses.

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
Also learn them not to leave the hose out in sunshine :-)
And put hose back on hose reel after use.
Most thais find it smart to leave it just where they finished garden watering until nxt time.
Personally im lucky having outside camera and have by a couple occations caught them doing the crime, sitting in my chair in Norway just accidently looking at the camera.
That helped :-) :-)
But then, you have the final solution, doing the watering yourself if possible :-)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »
IMHO, it's not that they don't understand ( or maybe partly) it's that they don't care about looking after things and looking after things is additional work. If it isn't easy it doesn't get done. That may not be true of some but it is of many.
What I don't understand about the logic is that many families have very little money. I would have thought that was an incentive to take care of things. In the majority of cases, not so!
You could teach hose maintenance every day for a year Keith and it still wouldn't get done if you weren't there to do it.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »
My Wife tales good care of my Hose  cool1 ........  thumbup

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2018, 06:56:04 AM »
 :D.  No crinks in your hose is good!

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2018, 06:57:09 AM »
My Wife tales good care of my Hose   ....

Be better if she took good care of it.....not tell tales about it...lol

Offline Smithy

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2018, 10:29:08 AM »
My Wife tales good care of my Hose   ....

Be better if she took good care of it.....not tell tales about it...lol

Thats a different story  :biggrin:

( #1 Rule one never type in the dark late at night )  ::)

I concur about the garden hose's though, my wife waters the flowers and leave's the hose for me to put away  smilenod

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Having to deal with 4 different women using my hose is leaving me exhausted instructing them on proper handling.  As soon as I finish with one another is pulling on my hose. 

Offline Smithy

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
Having to deal with 4 different women using my hose is leaving me exhausted instructing them on proper handling.  As soon as I finish with one another is pulling on my hose.

Maybe we could ask Pichai if he could get some of those new Bluetooth Garden Hose's in , then our hose problems could be solved  :laugh:

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »

Maybe we could ask Pichai if he could get some of those new Bluetooth Garden Hose's in , then our hose problems could be solved  :laugh:

I got mine from Lazada.....

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »

He'll never fall for that. He still doesn't believe in wireless phone charging.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »
He'll never fall for that. He still doesn't believe in wireless phone charging.

There is always the  Suncast Aqua Winder Automatic Rewind Garden Hose Reel ;)

or the Self Coil Hose :)

or the Expandable garden hose ...the options are endless  thumbup

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2019, 10:03:36 PM »
One cultural difference between my TW and me is that she asks permission to do things while my American attitude is to assume permission and ask forgiveness if wrong.

I have parked various places in Buriram and she will ask people standing around if we are allowed to park at that spot.  One incident was near the Day Market where several "pink" buses were parked.  I parked there (unpainted curb) and she then asked people if we could park there and then made me move when they said no. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2019, 08:24:03 AM »
Thought I'd share this and want to make clear that it is posted with the intent of humour and not criticism, I have no doubt that many will relate....l.

I have a friend called Stuart and he recently started to breed ducks with a view to earning a little money from eggs and duck meat.
He is after some Khaki Campbell ducks which are available here. We have another friend who's Brother is in the duck egg business and knows where he can get Khaki Campbell ducks but it is 300+km away so he has to wait until a truck load are coming this way to be able to get them for Stuart.
Stuart is inpatient to get his ducks and so asks if there is any update on a delivery date every time he sees me.

So today a truck drives along our street announcing over his speaker that he has duck chicks for sale. Noi yells to him to stop!!
 And then yells at me, quick call Stuart, man have ducks!!

Now I have always known that Noi does not have a University education and I also accept that I have made little effort to learn Thai but I'm not sure either would have helped judging by the conversation that ensued.

Me:-  What kind of ducks does he have?
Noi:- Baby ones.
Me:- yes but what kind are they?
Noi:- small ones.
Me:- yes but what kind of ducks are they, there are many kinds of duck?!
Noi:- you know, baby ducks, have to wait for get big then can have eggs or kill eat.
Me:- Noi, all ducks lay eggs but there are many different kinds of duck, like dogs, many different kinds of dog.
Noi:- I know, these are baby ones, very small, not big yet, have to wait for grow big before eggs come.
Me:- Noi, ask him what type of ducks they are. Are they Pecan, are they Muskovi, are they khaki Campbell, Stuart wants Khaki Campbell!!
Noi:- these are baby ducks, Thai Ducks.
Me:-Noi, there is no such thing as Thai Duck.
Noi:- yes, they normal Thai Duck, baby thai duck, look.
Me:- FFS, forget it, tell him to go and give him 50 baht because he waited so long.
Noi:- what happen, why you angry......................you give him 50baht can have baby duck....you want?

Time for a ride or a swim or anything really!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick