{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Life with the Thai Wife  (Read 53557 times)

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Life with the Thai Wife
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 10:11:58 AM »
You wont here me complaining that something has gone missing from the Fridge  :)

Probably find the Fridge has dissappeared  thumbup

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »
Probably find the Fridge has dissappeared  thumbup

wildman

Offline NongKi bloke

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:51 AM »
I believe the missing shrimp deveiner is a function of being put somewhere I have not looked yet as opposed to being "borrowed".  Between the TW and maid nothing is put back in the same place.  The TW had no idea of what the deveiner was when I brought it from the US.

Oh my Buddha, no prawn deveiner!! You'll have to use your fingernails, or you can get the maid to devein the prawns. haha.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:28:02 AM by Mod »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »
Between the TW and maid nothing is put back in the same place. 

Sounds like more training is needed  :biggrin:

This is a list I used to train my pack !
1. Make sure you put the lids back on tight on bottles and jars
2.Throw small amounts of food left-overs away, don't put in the fridge ( or it will be thrown away )
3, Don't put empty bottles back in the fridge or Cupboard ( or leave a tiny amounts in the bottom that are unusable ) 
4 .Wet towels go on the towel rack provided
5. Clothes are hung in the Wardrobe,not place on the floor( even if they are in a neat pile ) 
6. Put things back in the same place you found it ( this should be #1 on your list urleft ) :)
7. Rubbish goes in the Bin, not on the floor,out the window or over the Wall
8 .The house must be kept clean and tidy at all time ( as urleft has a maid this one should be easy )
9. After eating you must wash-up all the utensils you have used ( not left to soak in a bowl )
10. Dirty or worn clothes are put in the laundry basket's provided .

Offline Smithy

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

I believe the missing shrimp deveiner is a function of being put somewhere I have not looked yet as opposed to being "borrowed".  Between the TW and maid nothing is put back in the same place.  The TW had no idea of what the deveiner was when I brought it from the US.
Oh my Buddha, no prawn deveiner!! You'll have to use your fingernails, or you can get the maid to devein the prawns. haha.

Urleft ...you will probably find your 'Deveiner' in the same Draw as your USB desk hoover and the MiniPresso GR Travel Espresso Maker   :biggrin:

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »
Between the TW and maid nothing is put back in the same place. 

Sounds like more training is needed  :biggrin:

This is a list I used to train my pack !
1. Make sure you put the lids back on tight on bottles and jars
2.Throw small amounts of food left-overs away, don't put in the fridge ( or it will be thrown away )
3, Don't put empty bottles back in the fridge or Cupboard ( or leave a tiny amounts in the bottom that are unusable ) 
4 .Wet towels go on the towel rack provided
5. Clothes are hung in the Wardrobe,not place on the floor( even if they are in a neat pile ) 
6. Put things back in the same place you found it ( this should be #1 on your list urleft ) :)
7. Rubbish goes in the Bin, not on the floor,out the window or over the Wall
8 .The house must be kept clean and tidy at all time ( as urleft has a maid this one should be easy )
9. After eating you must wash-up all the utensils you have used ( not left to soak in a bowl )
10. Dirty or worn clothes are put in the laundry basket's provided .

Perfectly acceptable as long as everyone adheres to the list, including the man of the house.

If you rely on someone else to clear up and maintain things on your behalf then you can't really complain about things going missing or being put in the wrong places.

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 01:59:43 AM »
I must admit that I have not heard of a shrimp deveiner before. Could you not just use a knife?

Offline jivvy

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 06:13:54 AM »
I also have never heard of a shrimp deveiner, mine is the Thai gf with a sharp Knife  :biggrin:

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
Although a sharp knife (or even better a serrated steak knife) works well the shrimp deveiner removes the vein and the shell in one movement. Very helpful when large amount of shrimp needs to be deveined. I first saw on e when I was working in a seafood restaurant in Tacoma Washington (USA) as a teenager.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2017, 08:44:30 AM »
My friend had a Shrimp Deveiner.
I asked if I could borrow it and he said 'NO'
Why are some people a little shellfish  :)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2017, 09:09:15 AM »
My friend had a Shrimp Deveiner.
I asked if I could borrow it and he said 'NO'
Why are some people a little shellfish  :)

Probably just an old crustacean bastard

Offline Smithy

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »
There was a big fight at our Local Seafood Restaurant between the Crabs and the Shrimps

The Shrimps got Battered  :biggrin:

-------------

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2018, 07:02:22 AM »

This has been a rough 2 months.  I realize I am a guest in Thailand, and very thankful for their generous visa system that has let me stay here for the past years.  However, one thing I continue to have issues is what I call the Speakers from Hell (SFH for short).  Every time there is a death, marriage, Monk inductee, new house, etc; the SFH come out.  The volume control if you are lucky has 2 positions, Off and On, they are set to maximum distorted output to share with everyone in the vicinity.  However, sometimes the volume has no off position, they blare 24/3. 

I was up at 0530 this morning, and the SFH were going.  Then at 0600 a competing set turned on, so I am getting stereo garble in conflict with me in the middle. 

And to help there is a village speaker system where up until last week these were also blaring excessively celebrating the local Wat founding.  After 7 years I have learned to expect the Wat Party every year culminated with 3 days of night movies and it seems every set of SFH in Buriram.  I live about 500 meters from the Temple and when playing I can feel the vibration in my house walls. 

Unfortunately this has been a horrendous year so far with about 20 villagers passing on, which means almost continuous SFH entertainment.  Last week there were 3 concurrent funerals and the Wat celebration at the same time.   

Luckily it has not gotten to unbearable yet.  I experienced that my first year here when the lady across the street from out bedroom window died.  The SFH got set up 15 meters from the window and cranked up for the next 5 days and nights.  Our bed was literally vibrating a 3am when they were playing the movie "Transformers".  I tried moving the far room the house, it did not help. 

So I have been well serenaded this year.

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2018, 01:33:17 PM »
Sounds like a good time for a road trip. Our neighbor died and the party was ongoing for 5 days, we left for a week road trip and when we returned the party was still going on.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick