{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: School in Prakhon Chai (Road 2208 toward Krasang) Area  (Read 7575 times)

Offline BoRis

• http://buriramexpats.com/
School in Prakhon Chai (Road 2208 toward Krasang) Area
« on: November 01, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »
Hi there,

I was wondering if there's any "good" (so presumably private) schools in the area for a 5yo boy (starting next year, believe in may?). Buriram City seems to have a couple of recommended schools (based on post from this forum, although dated back 2011) but that would be a little far away.

Anything to avoid the village school...

cheers

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
Re: School in Prakhon Chai (Road 2208 toward Krasang) Area
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »
My lad goes to the school in Prakhonchai, he seems to be doing OK, he loves going to school. He goes to the government school, if you are coming to Prakhonchai from Buriram, it is on your right just before the main crossroads. He is 5 at the moment.

There is a private school in Prakhonchai, but I sent my wifes kids there for a while and found it to be a waste of money. How much of that was down to the school and how much was down to the kids I don't know!!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »
I believe that is Prakhonchai Kanlayaprasit school :-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kanlayaprasit-School/173786689355862

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »
My lad goes to the school in Prakhonchai, he seems to be doing OK, he loves going to school. He goes to the government school, if you are coming to Prakhonchai from Buriram, it is on your right just before the main crossroads. He is 5 at the moment.

There is a private school in Prakhonchai, but I sent my wifes kids there for a while and found it to be a waste of money. How much of that was down to the school and how much was down to the kids I don't know!!

That sounds like Anuban Prakhonchai school, next to the bus station?

Kids from 2 to 12 will study there. It is a government school and a good school. Private does not always mean good.

After graduating from that school, Prakhonchai Pittayakhom is a great school for students aged 12 to 18.

Offline BoRis

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »
Thanks for the feedbacks. Fully agree, private doesn’t always means good.

I’ve no clue how things works in Thailand and, as far as things goes with schooling in my country, we can’t really chose where kids go to “government” school. Therefore if the “local village school” is not good enough my thought is that the only alternative would be “private school”.

In short, if living in Sadao/Phlaphlachai district, does the thai government school system allows the kid to go to Prakhonchai (or other district) public school?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 07:07:26 PM »
Kanlayaprasit School, although private charges so little (Fees less than 4,000bt/year) that it works out cheaper than government primary schools who invariably send a not home every few weeks wanting 200/300bt for this and that.

A new private school is opening early next year on the Buriram Road, Prakhonchai, approx 1 km from the bus station, going North towards Buriram (Right hand side). I have no further info.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 07:43:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedbacks. Fully agree, private doesn’t always means good.

I’ve no clue how things works in Thailand and, as far as things goes with schooling in my country, we can’t really chose where kids go to “government” school. Therefore if the “local village school” is not good enough my thought is that the only alternative would be “private school”.

In short, if living in Sadao/Phlaphlachai district, does the thai government school system allows the kid to go to Prakhonchai (or other district) public school?

In answer to your question. Yes. Children can attend schools further away from their homes.

You need to check the dates of when the applications are due. If there is over subscription then lots will be drawn. If your child happens to draw a red card, no entry, then a small donation will fix it.

It is my understanding that the new school, mentioned by Prakhonchai Nick, is going to be a new branch of the Marie schools, of which there is Marie Anusorn in Buriram and Marie Pitak in Nang Rong and Marie Wittaya in Korat. Not worth waiting for in my opinion, and speaking from experience.

Offline BoRis

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 06:09:27 PM »
Thanks to all... to sum-up:

Kanlayaprasit School in Prakhon Chai might be an option to look at. I'll have to have a chat with the boss (or should I say the mother...) and have a look at it on my next visit.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick