{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm  (Read 15466 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Bangkok Skytrain to run from 6am-10pm
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »
Google anorak
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Anorak&oq=Anorak&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.14211j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-
It would beyond Urlefts range of thought that I may have put in one letter to many......Anyway ,he has not denied being 'one' either.
The nickname in England for an avid collector of train numbers ,or bus numbers is an 'anorak'

LOL, wow so because I had no idea what you are writing about it is my fault for not realizing I should have searched for  "anorak" not the "anorack" you wrote (neither of which are terms used in the US).    chairhit

Actually, if you search " anorack" then "anorak" comes up. You also said you didn't know what "trainspotter" meant. Even my daughter worked that one out by separating the words "train" and "spotter"

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »
Google anorak
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Anorak&oq=Anorak&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.14211j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-
It would beyond Urlefts range of thought that I may have put in one letter to many......Anyway ,he has not denied being 'one' either.
The nickname in England for an avid collector of train numbers ,or bus numbers is an 'anorak'

LOL, wow so because I had no idea what you are writing about it is my fault for not realizing I should have searched for  "anorak" not the "anorack" you wrote (neither of which are terms used in the US).    chairhit

Actually, if you search " anorack" then "anorak" comes up. You also said you didn't know what "trainspotter" meant. Even my daughter worked that one out by separating the words "train" and "spotter"

Surely you're not saying that Urleft is 'thick'

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
Google anorak

Surely you're not saying that Urleft is 'thick'

Isn't DD looking for wood? I know where there are 2 short planks going.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »
English Humour at its best!!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »

As usual Starman is doing his RCI routine.  Nowhere in this thread did I say I didn't know what trainspotter was.  Go ahead and quote me where I said that (a typical failure on your part to be able to do that). 

I am also impressed that your daughter must have got her intellect from her mom to be able to know that using the separate words "train" and "spotter" that it is someone that collects trains, as opposed to the obvious someone that spots (looks for) trains.  However, knowing that there can be additional (slang) meanings to British words I googled trainspotter for verification.  And Nookie has yet to say which meaning was his intent.

No wonder I have issues understanding you and your ursine countryman because you cannot correctly read what is written nor ensure proper spelling of your British slang. 

BTW, for some reason there was a group of "men" describing Nookie as a bear.  I think they knew what they were taking about.   http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bear

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 07:09:25 AM »

"You used that term before "Trainspotter", as with a lot of your
 vocabulary this term is not used in the USA, so I had to go to the Oxford Dictionary:"

To save yourself from looking more foolish than usual you may also wish to google Roger De Courcey.

You should learn to not try to ridicule others when you, self confessed, do not have a full understanding.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:16:40 AM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »

"You used that term before "Trainspotter", as with a lot of your
 vocabulary this term is not used in the USA, so I had to go to the Oxford Dictionary:"

To save yourself from looking more foolish than usual you may also wish to google Roger De Courcey.

You should learn to not try to ridicule others when you, self confessed, do not have a full understanding.

And your RCI continues as you cannot quote me saying "You also said you didn't know what "trainspotter" meant"  What I didn't know  (and Nookie has yet to clarify) is the context he was using the term trainspotter.  Obviously it is a Britishism and therefore to disparage me for trying understand the context is your typical British arrogance.  Especially using the stupid attack:

Even my daughter worked that one out by separating the words "train" and "spotter"

This quote kind of sums it up:  Well, it likely is Shaw, actually, who said ?England and America are two countries separated by the same language.?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
I'm surprised you understand yourself sometimes. Funny read none the less.

Nookie actually did explain. Read his post about "anorak".

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »
Well I went to my Brit bud and he explained, it seems there are 2 movies which are common knowledge in England called "Trainspotting"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/

It would appear that there are people in the UK standing around in Parkas (aka anorak), with binos and cameras obsessively documenting trains. Obviously a British thing. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »
I've just fallen off my chair. Quality.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
 I didn't realise you'd been to 'Clapham Junction' Keith.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »
I didn't realise you'd been to 'Clapham Junction' Keith.
I've just fallen off my chair. Quality.
Give him a shovel and he'll dig himself a deeper hole!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick