{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: B Quick Tires  (Read 7079 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
B Quick Tires
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »
Last week I decided to change the oil in the Truck, and based on all the good things said about the Ford dealer I decided not to use them.  Since the TW wanted to go to Robinsons I decided to use the tire store at the North end of mall having it done while shopping.  Well they successfully sold us a new set of tires in addition to the oil change, the tires come with a 10,000 kilometer replacement warranty. 

So yesterday I was headed back from Loei about 100 KM North of Korat when the truck started making noise, like I was driving on warning lanes (the noise before a stop light or such).  I felt no difference in the truck and wondered if it was the road, I decided not as I changed lanes and could not see pavement changes.  I wanted to pullover to the easement, but at that area the easement was very narrow, I saw a sign for a PT Station 300 meters and drove there. 

I entered and pulled over, got out and the tire was about 60% flat, it also looked very damaged from me driving on it.  We called B Quick, but they were not in the area, the closest was across from the Korat Bus Station.  So we put on the spare and drove there. 

When I pulled into the Korat B Quick (note that it was not the location I purchased the tires), they immediately came up and I pointed to the tire in the truck bed.  They took the tire to check it out, the TW gave them our purchase paperwork.  As they were checking the tire I showed them the puncture.  About 2 minutes later they rolled up a brand new replacement tire. 

There was no investigation, questioning of me on why I continued to drive on a flat tire, etc.  They just replaced it.  All told it took about 30 minutes before I was on the road again, and they put the spare back under the truck. 

B Quick has gained a customer for more service.  When they were checking the truck back here when I bought the tires, they found the brake caliper was missing a bolt, they could not fix but I went right to Ford and get it corrected. 

FYI, at Korat I saw they had the Nitrogen gas option discussed on another thread.  I assume that Buriram would have the same. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: B Quick Tires
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:32:44 AM »
Keith. How were the prices at B- Quick? I will soon be needing to change all tyres on my truck.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 06:48:14 AM »
Interesting, I was doubtful about BKwik but may give them a try. Now that the guarantee period has run out I no longer wish to have my car serviced at Nissan dealership in Buriram (although we once met people that had come from Korat to Buriram to get their Nissan serviced; things must be dire indeed).

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:04:58 AM »
Steve,

They have a flyer with sale prices, I would recommend stopping there and checking it.  I didn't hit the sale, but I considered the price for 4 tires fair. 

The other reason I stopped there was because of leak in the left rear tire, there was a nail embedded.  Not sure why but I had 4 flats with that truck and it was all at the left rear, just like this recent incident. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 08:13:31 AM »
A lesson I learned here was I should have checked how to get the spare prior to this incident.  I fumbled for an extra 30 minutes getting to the tire just because I was ignorant of how.  And it was a good thing I was at a PT station that had an air station as the tire was seriously under inflated. 

I actually knew that but got lazy.  Also was not worried as I had a flat on my car across from the day market, and was able to put the spare on in about 10 minutes with no prior planning.  However, the truck was tricky. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
Just had a look at the site. If the prices advertised are correct then looks pretty good for tyres and brakes.

Offline pablo

• Contributor with future
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:20:55 AM »
Based largely upon "urleft's" positive note on B-Quick Buriram, I had the little lady's Vios serviced there, just yesterday.

A long needed service call that resulted in substantial repair/replacements.  Included:  L&R front end CV Joint axles, both rear shock absorbers,  two new rear tires, four new sets of brake pads, engine air filter, oil change, all fluids checked and filled, car washed and vacuumed, one tail light replacement.   

All of this for only 22,200 baht.

Service was "Quick" and very courteous, with warranty given on new parts and all replaced parts given back.

It all looks good and the car is running great.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »
Good luck to you.  Just had a lot of the same done in the states for over 3 times that. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick