{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: House evaluation  (Read 5233 times)

Offline teppo42

• Contributor with future
    • Meh.
House evaluation
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
Can anyone help? I will need to get a townhouse in Buriram evaluated. That is, I need to know the market value for the unit. We are not actually going to sell it, but there is a need to know its value fairly accurately. Is there a tax value for a house, and would it be anywhere close to the actual market value, and would that value be publicly available in some record office? Might there be real estate pros who might be available to evaluate the house (I suspect they might be less than eager to do that since the house won't actually be sold so there won't be a commission...)
Even a fairly educated guess based on the condition and location of the house might be enough.
How about a plot of land somewhere in Buriram? How to go about finding out how much that is worth?

Offline olavhome

Re: House evaluation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:15:56 AM »
Put up an ad that it is considered  for sale and see what happen.....
Guess that is the best way to get a correct marked value--what other People are willing to pay :-)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:46:10 AM »
Perhaps tell a property agent that you are considering selling and want to know the value. Your choice on whether you go ahead and place on the market after getting a valuation.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
bank

Offline teppo42

• Meh.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
Thank you. As I am not in Buriram and the house is not mine, it might be a bit suspect if I tried to put it on sale. :/
I did try to find similar houses on sale online, but I think that most of the ads are in Thai since nothing really comparable turned up in English. I did email one real estate company but I really don't expect an answer from them.
I don't know enough Thai to try to find any listings in the language. But if anyone knows a webpage with Buriram property listings in Thai, I could try to browse there in case something similar (location/age/condition) is listed. The only even slightly similar listings in English were on new(ish) townhouses, and from them it seems that a new two-storey townhouse should go for about 2 mil. Does that sound about right maybe? So any guesses on a townhouse from maybe the 90's? Half that or maybe even less?

Offline Wayne from Aus

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:46:41 AM »
Give Hywell Williams a call. He is the go-to guy for anything real estate and if he doesn't know he will point you in the right direction

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »
Teppo: I will agree that you should contact Hywel Williams. He is active in listing and selling land parcels, complete homes, townhouses, and condominiums. The tax office figures might not be a good guide.

Offline teppo42

• Meh.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »
Thank You everyone. It seems that I accidentally chose Hywel's company to send the email to. We have exchanged a few emails already. Let's see if we can get this to work somehow.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick