{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: First Time Visitor To Buriram  (Read 3118 times)

Offline johnsuphan

• http://buriramexpats.com/
First Time Visitor To Buriram
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »
My wife and I (Thai-Expat) like to spend our tourist dollars within Thailand but that is becoming increasing difficult due to swarms of Chinese tourists seemingly taking over everywhere.  Our usual go to places of Chiang Mai, Koa Yai and "name any beach resort" are now out of the question due to overcrowding.  How are things in Buriram?  We're old farts looking to simply relax without being crushed by tour buses.  Our idea of a good time is walking the local markets, the occasional trek to a waterfall, visiting local temples, followed by a couple cold beers at a local pub or sitting by the river.  Can someone make the case for our taking the time to visit?

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: First Time Visitor To Buriram
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »
Absolutely.  Imobile stadium, many markets, ancient temple not too far.  I am just starting to explore as well.  There are many places to stay with reasonable rates especially if you use agoda.  There are others on this forum with far more experience in Buriram, so hopefully they will chime in.  I just came back from Pattaya, probably won't go back due to all the tour busses full of folks that walk aimlessly following the guy or gal with the flag, not stopping anywhere, just walking.  Oh well.  I have not seen any tour busses here.

Offline Wayne from Aus

• Contributor with future
Re: First Time Visitor To Buriram
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:34:34 AM »
I can only say that Buriram is a great place to visit or stay. These webpages have a heap of info on what to do. But for Bars and pubs, there is a heap with probably 5 that are most popular but there are many more. I will leave the best places to visit (thats not on these pages)to our dear friend Smooth2. He travels a real lot around the area and has made many posts relating to his adventures. But for a couple of old farts, you wont find a better place than Buriram. But that's IMHO
regards
p.s. if you like golf, bring your golf clubs. It ain't Augusta but there's a big group of fun guys that play and I know will make you feel welcome

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick