{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Solar Power Panels arrive in Buriram Thailand  (Read 13883 times)

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Solar Power Panels arrive in Buriram Thailand
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »
I am pleased to announce that a full container of 300 watt solar power panels arrived this Saturday morning in Buriram, Thailand. The 300 watt solar panels are composed of polycrystalline cells and encased in a silver anodized aluminum frame. In Buriram Isaan I primarily sell and install solar power for water pumps. When I phoned to the Buriram HomePro store and asked exactly how many SPR Solar Roof Power panel systems with inverters they had sold and installed in Buriram Province the answer was exactly zero.  If you have connected electricity from the PEA I could not tell you that a solar panel system would pencil out. For pumping water in remote locations or as an alternative to a petrol or diesel generator you might come in person and speak with Mr. P Bob or Mr. Aud about real prices for solar panels and components that pertain to your electricity supply in Buriram. There are no Tesla Powerwall options currently in Buriram. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Solar Power Panels arrive in Buriram Thailand
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:30:51 PM »
Wow, can they be used to sun up some Thai Beach Girls?   :P

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Do you also supply a CCTV so they don't get nicked / can see who nicked them?

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »
Pichai , just interested to know what price for the 300 watt panels are , if i had a system on my roof say 4.77 kw with an inverter , what price do you get for FEED IN TARIFF,  and approx cost including inverter and installation , thanks .

Offline Pichai

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »
Best to come to the Buriram store in person with a copy of your PEA electric bill. Frankly I have sold just over 400 solar power panels to customers in Buriram. Exactly zero to expats. The market so far has been to government organizations and industry. Power to pump water is the primary market so far in Buriram. I can send a translator with you across the street to the PEA office as long as you bring your PEA monthly bill so the PEA staff can explain and write down the policy and options for your particular location regarding solar power. If you know the equipment already that will serve your needs please bring the list in person to my store. Each installation is different. I have NOT participated in any "Feed in Tarriff" solar installations in Buriram and I would gladly assist you with translations if you have the paperwork required across the street at the PEA office. My store has focused on the market of solar panels for water pumping and not for residential rooftop systems. There are 200 staff at the store and it is a challenge to hire solar power technicians in Buriram. I am of the opinion that some expats have previous experience in roof top installations and would be capable of calculations that serve them better than a recent technical school graduate.  Selling and repairing made in the USA Troy Bilt lawn mowers is more typical of staff skill sets.  Thank you and I look forward to your visit. Mr. Pichai.

Offline Wayne from Aus

• Contributor with future
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 06:12:37 AM »
I have had some communication with a Board Member named Bruce (user name BM) in 2015. He and his partner are starting a business installing solar panels and off the grid power storage in Thailand. I was interested as I have a 4KW system on the roof of my house in Australia. For more information you might like to send 'BM' a message if his account is still active.

I'm not sure that they do a feed in tarriff in Thailand hence the use of batteries to store power for lighting. Solar a great idea to power air conditioning. But its always a matter of the outlay vs the savings. Oh and they don't make electricity on cloudy days, or when raining (which is 4 months of the year). Just a thought worth considering

regards

Offline Pichai

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
DC power submersible well pumps are now in stock in Buriram. My family owned builders merchants store was started by my father in downtown Buriram with well pumps a staple in the stock then and currently in 2016. In August 2016 Ruangsangthai started to sell and install submersible well pumps that are DC and NOT ac powered. No inverter is needed. The set with one submersible well water pump and two solar panels in on display at the front door of Ruangsangthai. No solar panels have been reported stolen of the 420 solar panels Ruangsangthai has actually sold and delivered in 2015 and 2016.  Mr. Aud in the photo speaks and understands English. He has installed dozens of solar power systems to pump water in Buriram province. In my October 2016 visit to Wayne Indiana in the USA I will see the DC powered submersible pumps and other Solar powered pumps at the Franklin Electric headquarters. Thank you, Mr. Pichai.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:18 AM »
I want to understand this one clearly,
Is it possible to invest in solar farms in contract with the national electric company of Thailand?
If yes, please share link to tariff please.
Sawadi
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:18:59 AM by Admin »

Offline Pichai

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
It could save you a bit of time and energy if you bring a trusted translator to the Buriram headquarters of the PEA located on Highway 2074. This four story office is located directly across from my family owned builders merchants store on the Buriram Phutthaisong Highway 2074. In fact the family that owns RMC pork producers has such a solar farm in Buriram. Millions of Dollars,not millions of baht to start that Solar project which I have visited. You can see in one meeting the level of cooperation of the local PEA for any solar venture you have in mind. Perhaps yo can bring news paper article from the Bangkok Post or other legitimate news organizations where names are listed in the PEA staff for such projects. Be wary of "investment opportunities" with solar farms pitched by promoters. Last year it was forests to invest in.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 12:18:15 PM »
Today a large shipment of DC Inverters arrived at the loading dock of Ruangsangthai located on the Buriram Phutthaisong Highway 2074 Highway across from the Buriram Provincial Electricity Authority. Several sizes of inverters used to pump water and other Solar Power projects large and small in Buriram Isaan. You can speak English with Mr. Nop, Miss Jaew, Miss Gift, Mr. Bob or myself regarding calculations of solar power equipment in Buriram. I have photos in the store of our solar power system installation team current Buriam Province installations where PEA electricity was not feasible for pumping water. While I can sell much of the equipment for a roof top solar power system, the Ruangsangthai staff are not the right folks for roof top installation services. Staff can help you 7 days a week from 8:30am to near 5:30pm for information and prices of solar PV equipment in person at the Ruangsangthai Buriram Builders Merchants. For over two years there have been water pumps operating in front of the Ruangsangthai Hardware Store powered by Solar Panels near the front gate.  Solar is not a fad at Ruangsangthai.  Thank you, Mr. Pichai

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 05:32:46 AM »
Hello Mr Pichai
I am asking again if you know anymore about "Feed in Tariff" , in thailand , I have two systems in Australia , one i get 71 cents feed in ,never  get a bill always in credit they pay me back at the end of the year last year received a chq for $918, the other 11 cents ,  i want to install on my mother in laws house , any information about feed in at all would be usefull . thanks   

Offline Pichai

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
That is a very noble cause. You must go in person to the PEA office with land papers, a copy of the current PEA bill to see the current offers of the PEA.  You may also telephone the BANGKOK headquarters of the PEA and speak English with a representative to confirm over the telephone what is currently possible.  If you would like a translator for your visit to the Buriram PEA, please stop by the store and see Miss Jaew at the expats customer service area.  Thank you, Mr. Pichai.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »
If you dial 1129  from the mobile phone of your PEA account and press 9 the operator will look know your listed billing address and information about your individual location. English is hit and miss on the telephone. I believe you are better served in person at the Buriram PEA office with an excellent translator.  You can see some information at the www.pea.co.th

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »
Hello Mr Pichai.

I will very shortly need to provide solar power to a remote building near Prakhonchai. PEA have indicated a mains supply in 2/3 years, so a simple temporary sustem is called for. Apart from a few lights and a couple of fans, I will need a fridge, and a water pump. Would it best to treat a DC pump and DC power supply separately?  Also can you recommend anyone who can install the equipment that I would buy from you   

Offline Pichai

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
Nick:  Thank you for the question. It sure helps if customers can take the time and write down the load factor they wish to have powered by solar panels. Inverters, batteries and cables can change the price. DC water pumps are easy. DC fans are easy. If you attend the event tonight at La Lom Restaurant I know you will meet expats who have bought solar panels and equipment at my store in Buriram and installed that equipment as a D.I.Y. project. If you come to Ruangsangthai with a written list of the exact equipment you wish to have powered by solar panels I have staff who can help you select the correct equipment. Installation is a possibility, and I can give you a price for installation once you bring the list to our store.  Later this week a shipment of solar panel aluminum mounting frames arrive as well as a shipment of solar powered dusk to dawn outdoor garden security lights. You should please consider the wattage of the fridge, what model fans, what model water pump which can greatly impact how large of a solar power system to purchase and have installed.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick