{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram immigration office?  (Read 99803 times)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Buriram immigration office?
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »
Just one correction from the post above. Facing the main entrance, take the corner to your left and there is a side/corner door that has wheelchair ramp and rails. Upon entering the building there is a short corridor in front of you. At the end the main entrance is then immediately to your right and the lifts as mentioned in post above. Also disabled parking right by the ramp.

My visit today was as smooth as butter!! 4 waiting on visas when I arrived. When I advised that I was doing 90 day report my passport was taken and process completed immediately. Same for another Farang who walked in behind me. Computer system running. No form filling required. That must just be for the Yanks.

The guy who served me was very polite and had excellent English.

In and out in 5 mins. Excellent.

My retirement extension is due 16/12. I noted that my next report has been dated in line with that extension requirement, also 16/12. Last year I don't think they bothered to align the dates. I had a extension due December and a 90 day report due Jan.

Tassie

« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2016, 04:15:36 PM »
Thanks Freddy for the info on the disabled ramp.
Regards

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »
Went to BI to do a 90 day report.  There were 5 people ahead of me all doing visas/extensions, after an hour they finally asked for me.  Then they gave me a blank TM 47 to fill out, once completed an official made some marks on the form and then on my passport marked through the old date and wrote in the new 90 day report date of Jan 2017.  He did not use the computer to do the 90 day.

So lesson learned, take a filled out copy of TM 47 with you. 

I further asked for their retirement forms, they gave me a TM 7 and one page instructions that basically said have TM 7, Photo, passport, copy of passport pages, income verification, and 1900 baht.  Of course there is also the catch all of other information as required. 

Attached is a word TM 47.
When I renew my permission to stay in November, I will be presenting the forms in urleft's "packet" posted in the "Dummies" thread (as I did last year @ KCI)  apart from the TM7 & TM8 which I got from Buriram Immigration at my recent visit there, and incorporating any other updates posted here prior to my visit.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »
Just one correction from the post above. Facing the main entrance, take the corner to your left and there is a side/corner door that has wheelchair ramp and rails. Upon entering the building there is a short corridor in front of you. At the end the main entrance is then immediately to your right and the lifts as mentioned in post above. Also disabled parking right by the ramp.

My visit today was as smooth as butter!! 4 waiting on visas when I arrived. When I advised that I was doing 90 day report my passport was taken and process completed immediately. Same for another Farang who walked in behind me. Computer system running. No form filling required. That must just be for the Yanks.

The guy who served me was very polite and had excellent English.

In and out in 5 mins. Excellent.

My retirement extension is due 16/12. I noted that my next report has been dated in line with that extension requirement, also 16/12. Last year I don't think they bothered to align the dates. I had a extension due December and a 90 day report due Jan.

I noticed that happened with my last online 90 report, a few days before BI openned.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2016, 08:10:15 PM »
90 days report today, in and out in 7 minutes.

Not so successful with getting a certificate of residence for a car passport. I was thinking of going to Pakse and taking my car through the Chong Mek border I knew I had to get a purple book (car passport) from  Land Transport Office:-

I have been to 3 LTO's in an attempt to obtain a car passport:-

1, Prakhonchai LTO - "Yes can do. No, we can't we have no (purple) books and don't plan to get any soon".

2. Prasat LTO - "Yes, can do. No, we can't do for you here - you have to go to Buriram as it is your first one and you will need English plates"

3, Buriram LTO -"Yes, can do. But, you need a residence certificate first from immigration".

(Fortunately, there is now an immigration office in Buriram only 2 miles from the LTO).

4. Buriram Immigration: - "We need the form from the LTO requesting the residence certicate"

(I had experienced this before when transferring a car into my name, so... back to)

5. Buriram LTO - "You don't need the form" (Boss man's words)

6. Buriram Immigration - "Yes you do, we can't issue the certificate without it". "Anyway you can sort it out when you leave Thailand".

Pakse, under my own steam, is on the back-burner for now !

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
Just a thought but when there is an issue like this has anyone. Ever tried getting the two officials from the respective offices to talk to one another. May be worth having the number of one in your mobile, calling them up and handing the phone to the other. They my refuse I guess but seems to me they may both be wrong but they can't both be right.

Also, now that we have new Buriram immigration office does anyone know if they will do certificate of residence for car purchace/registration in farang name or is it still yellow book or trip to Bangkok?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »
Just a thought but when there is an issue like this has anyone. Ever tried getting the two officials from the respective offices to talk to one another. May be worth having the number of one in your mobile, calling them up and handing the phone to the other. They my refuse I guess but seems to me they may both be wrong but they can't both be right.

Also, now that we have new Buriram immigration office does anyone know if they will do certificate of residence for car purchace/registration in farang name or is it still yellow book or trip to Bangkok?

A good point and one I considered.

The main issue is communication - I cannot have the depth of conversation with the parties concerned because of the language barrier. To avoid me over-reacting I tried the strategy of letting my missus do the talking in the last 2 'meetings' whilst I stayed in the car. My expectations were not high as on one side the Thais will not challenge authority and on the other there would be the obstinacy of 'face' to contend with.

I also believed that putting me as 'piggy-in-the-middle' with the LTO and immigration would only result in there being one loser.

I had considered taking a photo on my camera of the 'head' of the LTO and showing it to immigration and saying "OK - YOU sort it out with him, he is the one saying a form is not required" (the reverse tactic equally applies).

My view was that there would, again, only be one loser.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2016, 12:55:32 PM »
I think I'd give it a try. If they both try to save face you never know. They may give you the certificate and say they have done it as a special favour to assist you whilst neither admitting that they got it wrong.
It's a ridiculous situation.
I think the most annoying aspect is that recently many Farangs had to have the home visits. You would think that such a visit would then support any request for a certificate of residence. Also a missed revenue opportunity. I'd happily pay a few hundred baht for the certificate if it saved me a trip to Bangkok.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:47 PM »
I think I'd give it a try. If they both try to save face you never know. They may give you the certificate and say they have done it as a special favour to assist you whilst neither admitting that they got it wrong.
It's a ridiculous situation.
I think the most annoying aspect is that recently many Farangs had to have the home visits. You would think that such a visit would then support any request for a certificate of residence. Also a missed revenue opportunity. I'd happily pay a few hundred baht for the certificate if it saved me a trip to Bangkok.

Ridiculous, as you say Freddy, immigration have my address from a number of extensions. My address is on my driving licence and a letter I had with me plus, the missus had her house boo. Sure, if I had a yellow book it would not be an issue - but in Prakhonchai they will only issue if you are married - I wouldn't get married just to get a yellow book.

I could go to Prakhonchai LTO and tell them I need a form for buying a car/changing ownership then take it to Buriram immigration.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »

- but in Prakhonchai they will only issue if you are married - I wouldn't get married just to get a yellow book.

Ha!  I am married and I haven't been able to get Prakhon Chai to issue me a yellow book for two years.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
I did my retirement extension, re-entry permit, and 90 day report today at the Buriram Immigration office.

We arrived at 08:30 just when they opened, and ran into a problem right away.  I had all the forms and copies as shared by the great folks on this board, but my letter from the bank was dated yesterday, and my last transaction on the account was dated 1 November.  They wanted those to be the same date.  So I had to go downtown, make a small withdrawal, update my account book and get a new letter.  At least the Buriram branch didn't charge 100 Baht for the letter like the PC branch does.

I got back to BI and everything was fine.  I walked straight up to the desk, the officers were very friendly, and we talked about how lucky we were because usually they are quite busy but I saw a total of four Farangs come in during the two visits this morning, and three were 90 day reports.  In and out in 1/2 hour.  No home visit necessary, full year extension.

If the online 90 day report keeps working (I've done 5 online so far) doing this once a year is painless.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »
One more note: Someone has donated air conditioners to the office.  I forgot who but it's on one of the a/c units.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2016, 04:37:39 PM »
That's interesting. My extension renewal is due next month. I keep the required 800,000 in a separate account which shows no transactions other than a yearly addition of interest ( added each September) and the occasional book update. I wonder how they'll get around that one. Presumably my other account showing money in/out covers it although I don't keep the balance at anywhere near the 800,000

Offline KhunG

« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2016, 05:16:07 PM »
I don't think it will work, Freddy.  My account with the 800K is also my emergency fund account, and has no ATM card.  Once a month I move what I need to another account that has an ATM card and use that for normal things.  I tried showing the officer that bank book but he said there has to be 800K for 3 months in the account I use and I have to have transactions including one on the day of the letter.

This is new this year, and I haven't seen it written anywhere.  Maybe you could withdraw the interest on the day you get the letter and that would work?

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
Should be interesting.
Doesn't make much sense however I've given up expecting any logic here.
I'll do as you suggest. Withdraw the interest day before I renew and get the letter. See how I get on.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick