{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Visa through having a Thai child  (Read 17260 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Visa through having a Thai child
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 09:17:16 AM »
It may be my memory (again); but, wasn't there something about will writing recommendations discussed on this forum a month or two ago?  I get the name confused, but a  forum member who does a bang up job at writing wills for Thailand; seems like he is a Brit, but TiT. 
COCO & Nick.......Thai Widows & Expats....Both from UK too

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 09:20:58 AM »
Having your name on the birth certificate makes you the father of course. It does not, however, make you a legal father/guardian. Legal guardianship goes to the mother. I know this as I have been an on site interpreter for expats who have gained legal guardianship by going through the process I pointed out above.
Not that I'm questioning your "finite wisdom"  :ohmy:, but I'm curious (and that's usually only fatal to cats  :P).

I googled around (in thai) but couldn't find where it stated that the father of half-thai children conceived when the couple were married didn't get parental rights granted at birth.

Please note; I am NOT talking about children conceived out of wedlock where the father (no matter the nationality) hasta go thru family court to get those rights granted.

I did find where it said for children conceived during marriage the father is granted "shared custodial rights", meaning the mom hasta buy off on anything the father's doin' with the children.

Can you provide the thai version of the law regarding parental rights, specifically those granted when children are born while the couple is married?

Unfortunately, the fact you've been a translator in family court matters doesn't cut any ice with me :(. Sorry, but I'm hard to impress like that.  :)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »
Funnily enought I don't give a f@#k what cuts the ice with you.

What was said by a represntatve of the family court is good enough for me.

You are starting to sound like another member on here who need a link to everything.

At the end of the day it is what the judge, immigration officer, police or who ever says. If they ask you must give. If you don't then you don't get what you want.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 10:25:18 AM »
Starman
             Could it be the two are 'related'??

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »
I feel for the rest of the family if they are, Nookie.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »
[quote author=Starman link=topic=8871.msg61327#msg61327 date=1479697882

You are starting to sound like another member on here who need a link to everything.

At the end of the day it is what the judge, immigration officer, police or who ever says. If they ask you must give. If you don't then you don't get what you want.
[/quote]
You sure have a lot of jobs!

& what's a represntstve? Is that another job?  : )
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:21:59 PM by So Forking What? »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
[quote author=Starman link=topic=8871.msg61327#msg61327 date=1479697882

You sure have a lot of jobs!

& what's a represntstve? Is that another job?  : )
[/quote]

Bang on cue the troll turns up.

Who said anything about jobs. Nothing wrong with helping people out.

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »
Starman; I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers or get your knickers in a twist.

I was asking a valid question and obliquely pointing out that thai related forums on the inter-web are chock-a-block full of "experts" about this or that topic.

I googled around (in thai) and couldn't find anything in the laws about shared custody or parental rights which backed up what you'd stated. I just wanted to know if you had a link to it was all.

I have learned over time to take most foreigners spouting stuff as "gospel" concerning all things wacky and wonder here in the glorious "Land 'O Thaiz" with a grain of salt.

I have also found "at the end of the day" what some mid-level paper-pushin' thai gov't official in a too tight uniform says is NOT necessarily the correct answer. Pushing things further up the food chain can often yield a completely different answer. Of course the fact that I'm not impressed by the number of stripes or stars on their epaulets and not caring in the least if they like me or not tends to work in my favor too.

I think it's just my normal indifference towards foreigners and thaiz here coupled with my blunt, terse, cynical way of speaking both english and thai. In fact I have a t-shirt that says; "A**hole - now available in both english and thai".  :laugh:

So Starman I apologize; no outright disrespect was intended or implied  :). I am NOT a troll or related to another poser  :o err poster on this or any thai forum or f/b group. I post under some permutation of my real name Tod Daniels everywhere. 

Offline dutchdog3000

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:56 AM »
dutchdog3000; It appears you are correct, by being married when your children were born you were legally recognized as their father, although as has been pointed out, unless you get granted sole custody in the divorce decree the mother's signature will be required on things you're doin' for the kids.

I trust the Thai Visa forum about as far as I can piss and I have an enlarged prostate.. Once you wade thru the endless misinformation and b/s you can on rare occasion get accurate information.

There were a few reports but AFAIK right now the border crossings with Lao or Cambodia are fine with people "border-bouncing" if they were hold valid multi-entry visas. In fact, just called two visa run companies here in Bangkok. One goes to Poipet and the other goes to Ban Laem, both said there are no problems in border-bouncing for valid multi-entry visa holders.

Kanchanaburi stopped everyone for a while but has since re-opened for people holding valid multi-entry visas and even the ones up Chiang Mai Chiang Rai way will now let people on valid multi-entry visas "border-bounce" to activate another entry.

There's no down side to listing the kids in another house book. All that does is state where they live, period. I wouldn't rent a place in your wife's name because should it go sideways you could find yourself out on the street. Just rent it in your own name, you can be listed in a yellow house-book even if you rent it and you kids could get listed in the blue house-book as thais living at that address too.

report back after your border-bounce and let us know how it went.

Good Luck.
Well Todd, went to border yesterday, it was quick and no problems even had a gud chat with IO and in the end he said " see you in 3months" so no problems there (as in poiphet problems)  still 1500b and 300b prices,  cheers

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick