{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: What school in Buriram?  (Read 11158 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
What school in Buriram?
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »
Hi

I am hoping to get some real information here regarding education for my 4 year old, and what school to go to

So please for the usual suspects.....Keep to the point and withold smart remarks.

We have been looking at several schools

The teerah school
The chinese school in the city close to Bangkok bank
Marie Anusorn school

To start with marie Anusorn. This one was adviced to us, for being a good school, not teaching in the typical thai way. ( i mean hours and hours of a teachers talking, and litlle creativity or input expected from the children)

Has anyone , got inside information on how they teach there , and what you think of this?

My first impression when i came to the building, was not good. Looked like a factory. Very boring and little eye for details that stimulate children.
Am i wrong here and missing the fact that the education is better than the impression i get of the surroundings??
And is the english programme any good?

Then, the chinese school in the city was a good school too they told me, but last years i'v been hearing it's going down and people are taking  their children elswhere. Any inside on this?

How is the teerah school?
She went there for the first years until now. Kindergarten was ok there, but how is the level of education from group 1 and up.?

And i know the Anuban school, but for the rest nothing about it. Hear d it was ok, but a government scool?

Would be nice to have some real information to help me decide.

Thanks so far

p.s. i realize this is Buriram and not Harvard or Yale, but are there schools really standing out for their quality?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:42:09 AM by Jeroen1 »

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
Re: What school in Buriram?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »
A quick "Marie Anusorn school" in to the "Search option" box will bring up several recent reviews.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
The 'Chinese school' (Rongrien Hua Kiaou) is ok as far as it goes. Our kid goes there. From looking around and listening I would say that without some degree of home schooling, all of these schools will be disappointing. That goes especially for English even though some do have English speaking teachers.
Doubtless Mr Starman will be along soon to disparage my comments.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
My 2 year old has been going to Marie Ausuron for a month now, and I am very pleased.  Of course with a 2 year old it is more day care than school. 

In the morning they have assembly outside where they play standard songs (e.g. the King's song) Hail Mary prayer, and then usually some group activity with up to 6 year olds.  She is picking up new things and learning some things.  She likes they teachers as she hugs them when she leaves. 

Yesterday morning since on school the TW had the TV on and the King's song came on, Jasmine was laying in bed stood up. 

So far I am very pleased and glad we chose the school.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
The 'Chinese school' (Rongrien Hua Kiaou) is ok as far as it goes. Our kid goes there. From looking around and listening I would say that without some degree of home schooling, all of these schools will be disappointing. That goes especially for English even though some do have English speaking teachers.
Doubtless Mr Starman will be along soon to disparage my comments.

Nice to see you are still thinking about me, Davu. My heartfelt thanks.

Both Davu and Urleft's remarks about English in schools are accurate. If the child has a parent that is a native speaker or has a good command of English the English programs are not important, so long as that parent is a permanent fixture in the child's life.

The comments you have written about different teaching techniques in a certain school are misleading.

I know of a couple of parents who are disappointed with the organisation and the "extra" money needed from time to time at the Chinese school.

I also know of a couple who are preparing to move their kids from Theera because of the ever increasing class sizes.

For me, and I have mentioned this before, there still seems to be a belief that "Private" means better. In Buriram town I would have to disagree. The best school in my opinion and experience, by some distance, is Anuban Buriram.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:56:31 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »
Recommendation for you.  Come to Marie Ausoron just before 8am, easiest if you come in the back gate.  Park at the wall with the other cars and wonder around following the little children until you get to the courtyard where you can watch.  Chances are I will be sitting around in back of the formation, come say Hi.

There would be no issue with you doing this.

If you come in the front gate continue straight for about 100 meters, find a place to park.  Then go to the little children playground opposite where the big kids are forming up. 

You can watch how the treachers interact with the children.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:34:43 PM »
Recommendation for you.  Come to Marie Ausoron just before 8am, easiest if you come in the back gate.  Park at the wall with the other cars and wonder around following the little children until you get to the courtyard where you can watch.  Chances are I will be sitting around in back of the formation, come say Hi.

If you come in the front gate continue straight for about 100 meters, find a place to park.  Then go to the little children playground opposite where the big kids are forming up. 

Not much use to the OP.

The OP is talking about students in grade 1. This is children that are 6 years old.

Where you are is the area for "dree-am anuban"(pre kindergarden) and "anuban" (kindergarden).

Most schools are very good this level.

The OP is talking about a higher level as he has already stated that his child went to kindergarden at Theera.

The interaction at the higher level is all very different.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 07:53:18 PM »

Not much use to the OP.

The OP is talking about students in grade 1. This is children that are 6 years old.

Where you are is the area for "dree-am anuban"(pre kindergarden) and "anuban" (kindergarden).

Most schools are very good this level.

The OP is talking about a higher level as he has already stated that his child went to kindergarden at Theera.

The interaction at the higher level is all very different.

You and I continue to be on a different planet, from the OP:    regarding education for my 4 year old,

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 07:56:53 PM »
Group 1? That would possibly refer to grade 1.

Kindergarden already at Theera. 4 years old now but maybe 5 by new school year 6 months from now.

The OP maybe is looking to the future.

Try looking at the bigger picture sometimes.

Your fonts make you look so obtuse.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:00:02 PM by Starman »

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »
7 year old goes to Theera and he has improved greatly.. No Complaints so far.. Far better than a village school out in the sticks.. 8000 baht for a term is not much money and worth it in my opinion..

Oh and I think 2 year olds going to school is pointless.. They are not even toilet trained and it's basically a Baby sitting service..

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 12:12:04 PM »
Thank you for the replies everybody.

We came up after reading and talking to friends that most of the private schools in the first years offer basically the same
A few stood out

based on my daughter's reaction when seeing the school again we chose theera schhol again until she will go to the higher grades.

her reaction here was the best and we know they take good care.

Thanks again

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM