{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Under consideration for retirement extension  (Read 53423 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Under consideration for retirement extension
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
Is farming not allowed?  Would I need a work permit to help the family with the farm?
Many years ago when I was Pattaya based, a group of us went to refurbish & repaint Father Rays orphanage on Sukumvit Road even though it was voluntary work a temporary work permit had to be obtained.

Offline lindsaywarden6

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2015, 06:02:20 AM »
My temporary extension for a retirement visa was until 31 July but I was travelling within Thailand from 23 July to 4 August. On Thursday 23 July I rang the immigration man who did our home visit to say I was leaving that afternoon. He said if I had an overstay by returning after 31 July it would not be good for me so he suggested going to Kap Choeng to either get my full extension or another temporary extension. We drove the 220km round trip and fortunately the paperwork had come back from Korat so my one year extension to 1 July 2016 was processed and stamped in the passport.  The young school girl helping out in the office also did a new 90 day report so I didn't have to come back for another three months. Only one glitch which was handled with a warning and processing of appropriate paperwork - my (defacto) wife had not notified immigration that I was staying at her house so she had to fill out a form for this. She was told that this notification could only be done at Kap Choeng Immigration (not police station or local pooyai) - it only needs to be done once and changed only if we move to another house. Immigration people were accommodating and helpful but this temporary extension stuff with home visit still seems unnecessary for a retirement extension.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2015, 07:26:59 AM »
Are they still doing the same thing,,,,,,I've heard of no new cases recently

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2015, 08:11:56 AM »
Looks like they are Nookie... What Lindsay said was the same thing I went through.. Looks like KCI has now got their policy set and talking points down pat... Looks like this is going to be the way it is from now on or at least the next month or until the next change comes along.. Who knows????

Offline Jackie-boy

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »

I would think ( as nobody is 100% sure ) the visits are for fist time applications only and once you have been validated, then you should be 'good to go' on subsequent re-renewals. The reason why some married ex-pats use the retirement options is because its has always been a 'one-stop-shop' and a visit one month after the application to the Immigration Office was never needed ( unlike a Marriage extension ) ....fingers crossed for those that go down the retirement route !  :)

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:30 AM »
Looks like they are Nookie... What Lindsay said was the same thing I went through.. Looks like KCI has now got their policy set and talking points down pat... Looks like this is going to be the way it is from now on or at least the next month or until the next change comes along.. Who knows????

Think you're right.. It was my first extenseion.. But was told they could come out again at any time just to say Hi... But I do think you're right.. As long as you check out clean and don't change addresses they shouldn't be out every year.. After what they showed me and who they're after, they have better things to do.. As for the Under Consideration thing.. From what they told me this is the new deal and will remain that way.. They even suggested that we change to a marriage visa the next time around because it's cheaper and you're allowed to work, with the proper work permit..

Offline mudcat

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »
Went for to KCI for my first O-A extension (retirement).  As reported, received my 'under consideration' stamp - the only thing odd was that while my 'permitted to stay' is September 18 (2-years since first entered), the 'under consideration' stamp has me returning October 17th - think they made a mistake so will question the 'visiting' party as to whether I am actually now permitted to stay a month beyond my 'permitted to stay' stamp from the airport immigration, or whether I will be running up 30  500 baht overstay days. 

Moderately crowded for an August Tuesday - but a bunch of the seats were occupied by a 'school teacher' contingent.  One of the other spouses complained to my wife about the 'under consideration', obviously it is still news to some. 

steve

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
Went for to KCI for my first O-A extension (retirement).  As reported, received my 'under consideration' stamp - the only thing odd was that while my 'permitted to stay' is September 18 (2-years since first entered), the 'under consideration' stamp has me returning October 17th - think they made a mistake so will question the 'visiting' party as to whether I am actually now permitted to stay a month beyond my 'permitted to stay' stamp from the airport immigration, or whether I will be running up 30  500 baht overstay days. 

Moderately crowded for an August Tuesday - but a bunch of the seats were occupied by a 'school teacher' contingent.  One of the other spouses complained to my wife about the 'under consideration', obviously it is still news to some. 

steve

What they did is not odd at all but normal. The 30 day under consideration is tacked on to your original O-A visa and takes effect when it expires. The 30 days becomes part of your new 12 months extension when approved. The 30 day under consideration is not an overstay so you can put that idea to rest, you will not be fined.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 02:05:14 PM »
Just heard from an American I helped.  He is a bachelor living in a Buriram apartment.  He successfully got his first retirement extension at KCI with no home visit required.

The home visit criteria seems to be elusive. 

Offline KhunG

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »
Sadly I got the short straw, I guess.  I downloaded and pre-filled all the forms from this thread.  They didn't accept my request for re-entry, because I have to go back in a few weeks, after the police visit.  They said they'd give me the re-entry permit after that.  This would have been my second extension.

I guess since the retirement extension is being treated the same a family extension, I'll switch to leaving 400KBaht in an account for 90 days, instead of 800.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
Sadly I got the short straw, I guess.  I downloaded and pre-filled all the forms from this thread.  They didn't accept my request for re-entry, because I have to go back in a few weeks, after the police visit.  They said they'd give me the re-entry permit after that.  This would have been my second extension.

I guess since the retirement extension is being treated the same a family extension, I'll switch to leaving 400KBaht in an account for 90 days, instead of 800.

If you go family money only needs to be seasoned for 60 days not 90 and that 60 is every year. Also will need about 3 photos of you and your boss about the house with your address in one of them. Also will need your original marriage certificate and every year a new KR 2 from the amphur that show your still married. And KCI has a 7 page packet of forums I advise that you get beforehand to take home as 4 of these are in Thai that your wife fells out. Cheers.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »

If you go family money only needs to be seasoned for 60 days not 90 and that 60 is every year. Also will need about 3 photos of you and your boss about the house with your address in one of them. Also will need your original marriage certificate and every year a new KR 2 from the amphur that show your still married. And KCI has a 7 page packet of forums I advise that you get beforehand to take home as 4 of these are in Thai that your wife fells out. Cheers.

Sheesh.  It just keeps getting worse.  It was a big enough pain to get them to recognize our marriage the first time, since it occurred overseas.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »

Sheesh.  It just keeps getting worse.  It was a big enough pain to get them to recognize our marriage the first time, since it occurred overseas.

Has your marriage been registered with the MFA and then registered with the amphur?

Offline KhunG

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »

Has your marriage been registered with the MFA and then registered with the amphur?

Yes.  In the US with our county, state, US State Department, and Royal Thai Embassy. Then in Thailand - translated - certified by attorney, then registered withe the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Finally the Amphur decided we must actually be married and let her change her surname.

I'm gaining lots of trump cards over her complaints about dealing with the USCIS for all those years.

Edit: At least there she was able to go to night school for a couple months, take the citizenship exam, and get them out of her life forever.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:07:43 PM by KhunG »

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2015, 08:02:50 AM »
Amen to that KhunG.  Been down that pathe myself..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick