{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: OH NO,,,,,McDONALDS IS ARRIVING IN BURIRAM  (Read 25760 times)

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: OH NO,,,,,McDONALDS IS ARRIVING IN BURIRAM
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
Have a drive around the shops there is still loads of work to do.... Can't see everything being finished by next Saturday..

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »
You are Right Nookie.

Anyone that wants to eat a burger that is only 15 percent beef, and the rest is unedible crap washed with ammonia, deserves McDonalds.
http://www.snopes.com/business/market/allbeef.asp
What B.S... LOL. 

Quite right. That article is full of BS.

Offline toffo

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 10:49:01 PM »
100% Beef they say... MAybe you should sue them then if it's 15%..

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 04:59:19 AM »
Don't be so obtuse. Why would I want to sue them just because I don't believe what they say? Unlike some people I choose to read and digest the information from more than one source. There is not a burger in the land that is 100% beef.

Maybe " the meat in this product contains 100% beef products".

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 05:03:51 AM »
at least a Big Mac  party2 party11 bike038 spot1 congrats

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 07:20:59 AM »
!

Offline bart simpson

• Contributor with future
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »
Don't be so obtuse. Why would I want to sue them just because I don't believe what they say? Unlike some people I choose to read and digest the information from more than one source. There is not a burger in the land that is 100% beef.

They take a piece of beef and grind it and freeze it. What makes it not 100%? An air bubble or two?

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:12:22 AM »
I have never dined at a McDonald's. However I can assure the Buriram Expat community that the new shopping center will have proper water pressure as Ruangsangthai has provided and installed two sets of Mitsubhishi water pumps this week to the builders of the new Buriram Shopping Center. You can see two Mitsubishi models identical to this model at the water pump utility room in the shopping cente.r On a different note, there will be three female spokes models performing a free motorbike wash in suitable attire one or two days of the Hitachi Power Tools Open Day held exclusively at Ruangsangthai from February 19 through February 25. There  will be new models of li-ion Hitachi Power Tools and you could ask the female models to demonstrate the driving ability of these Hitachi Tools. Mr. Moses Lopez and Mr. Tum will be driving the three female Hitachi Models to pay short visits to selected Buriram Restaurants including Roma Pizza, Paddy's Irish Pub, Jimmy's Sports bar, Muang Pizza, The Swan and Satuk Steak Restaurant during the 7 days of the Buriram Hitachi Tools Expo.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:35:45 AM »

They take a piece of beef and grind it and freeze it. What makes it not 100%? An air bubble or two?
What about this: Meat scraps and sinew are spun in a centrifuge and “washed” with ammonium hydroxide. This chemical is used in fertilizers and cleaning products.  It is used in 70 percent of ground beef in the United States but does not require inclusion on ingredient lists because the US Department of Agriculture classifies it as a “process” not an “ingredient” even though residues of this process are left behind in the meat consumed.

So 100% beef after this???

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 08:46:25 AM »

What about this: Meat scraps and sinew are spun in a centrifuge and “washed” with ammonium hydroxide. This chemical is used in fertilizers and cleaning products.  It is used in 70 percent of ground beef in the United States but does not require inclusion on ingredient lists because the US Department of Agriculture classifies it as a “process” not an “ingredient” even though residues of this process are left behind in the meat consumed.

After some of the shite that is eaten in Thailand, I am sure the Thais will welcome (and financially support) McDonalds.

They will have little interest in reading about mechanically recovered meat - or any other process that their Big Mac may go through.

I applaud the addition of such outlets in Buriram and consumers can make their own choice.

Offline bart simpson

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »

[/quote] What about this: Meat scraps and sinew are spun in a centrifuge and “washed” with ammonium hydroxide. This chemical is used in fertilizers and cleaning products.  It is used in 70 percent of ground beef in the United States but does not require inclusion on ingredient lists because the US Department of Agriculture classifies it as a “process” not an “ingredient” even though residues of this process are left behind in the meat consumed.

[/quote]
So "every burger in the land" has had this done to it. Starbeams in Surin grinds them in house. 100% beef. McDonalds stopped the practice in 2011. 100% beef also.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
Not every burger but 70% have been and McD's have been.They were banned in the UK for this reason and McD's had to change the burgers that they sold in the UK.

Not quite sure what Starbeams has to do with it but, as you mentioned them first. I had a good chat with the owner once. His list of ingredients for making his burgers, which I have to recommend, was not 100% beef.

A 100% beef burger just wouldn't taste right anyway. Needs seasoning, onion and a binder to keep the fat in and keep the flavour maybe a touch of ketchup. Somewhere in between 70 and 80% would be a more appropriate ratio.

Offline bart simpson

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »
It wasn't just McDonalds. It was most ground beef everywhere. It was a commen practice in the beef industry. McDonalds beef wasn't any different than what the supermarkets sold. You claimed every hamburger in the land was like this. Starbeams was a reference to some that were not. Mike uses a 20% fat cut of beef and then grinds them. Still 100% beef. Less fat content makes a dry burger. McDonalds today doesn't use it. The supermarkets still do. Play it safe and eat at McDonald's.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:42 AM »
It wasn't just McDonalds. It was most ground beef everywhere. It was a commen practice in the beef industry. McDonalds beef wasn't any different than what the supermarkets sold. You claimed every hamburger in the land was like this. Starbeams was a reference to some that were not. Mike uses a 20% fat cut of beef and then grinds them. Still 100% beef. Less fat content makes a dry burger. McDonalds today doesn't use it. The supermarkets still do. Play it safe and eat at McDonald's.

If you read my post you will see I said " there is not a burger in the land that is 100% beef". No mention of any processes. What you say about fat is true. So you need some kind of binder to hold the fat in. Something like rusk. Hence not 100% beef.

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
I have never dined at a McDonald's. However I can assure the Buriram Expat community that the new shopping center will have proper water pressure as Ruangsangthai has provided and installed two sets of Mitsubhishi water pumps this week to the builders of the new Buriram Shopping Center. You can see two Mitsubishi models identical to this model at the water pump utility room in the shopping cente.r On a different note, there will be three female spokes models performing a free motorbike wash in suitable attire one or two days of the Hitachi Power Tools Open Day held exclusively at Ruangsangthai from February 19 through February 25. There  will be new models of li-ion Hitachi Power Tools and you could ask the female models to demonstrate the driving ability of these Hitachi Tools. Mr. Moses Lopez and Mr. Tum will be driving the three female Hitachi Models to pay short visits to selected Buriram Restaurants including Roma Pizza, Paddy's Irish Pub, Jimmy's Sports bar, Muang Pizza, The Swan and Satuk Steak Restaurant during the 7 days of the Buriram Hitachi Tools Expo.

The next time I'm in McDonalds bathroom admiring the wonderful water pressure in the urinals, I'm sure that Mitsubishi pumps and Ruangsangthai will be utmost in my thoughts.

And that's what advertising is all about eh.      redman

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM