{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Anybody know where to get this in Buriram  (Read 23145 times)

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
Anybody know where to get this in Buriram
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
When I come holiday in end march i plan to to seal my pond in Tungwang/Satuk.
Originally planned to use cement but then saw this 2mm HDPE membrane at another Thai Internet site.
It is made by an US Company, GSE Enviromental, they have a factory in Thailand. Have tries email them asking if they have any local distributor/agent, without getting reply. I know it is sold in Chiang Mai, but theats quite far.
So the big question: Anyone have idea where to try in Buriram ?

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Anybody know where to get this in Buriram
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »
I have the company phone number and I will phone them on Monday and take steps for Ruangsangthai to be the Buriram Dealer of this fine product. When two or more Buriram expats request the same item it is generally a good bet that it will sell and "not collect dust" on the shelves of my Builders Merchants.  I will post prices and how long it takes to order and what sizes they currently offer. I watched the video and it makes sense to consider this product over concrete.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
This has to be better than concrete. However it will need laying (in itself not an easy job, 2mm membrane is HEAVY and needs an experienced team), and most importantly, subsequently welded into one piece. Great care must be taken that there are no stones laying under the membrane as these will obviously pierce it when the pond is full, which of course isn't the best time. A layer of sand or better still, a geotextile is usually needed. The membrane should then be protected from UV radiation. Good luck with that

Offline olavhome

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 07:25:37 PM »
My pond will be about 300m2 alltogether. Seen Pictures of the material been delivered on rolls, and then, as you say welded together.

Offline davureborn

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 08:57:13 PM »
Without wishing to discourage you, you may have trouble finding people that are competent to put the heavy rolls in place and weld. Maybe sort that out first and get a guarantee. I did quite a few jobs of this nature in my blooming youth and it was a headache every time. Good luck!

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
Maybe Khun Pichai could also try and source Butyl pond liner because I believe this to be a better product. In the UK it usually comes with a twenty year guarantee but of course that would be different here. The HDPE membrane is not a bad second choice but as with the US company's name ( GSE Environmental ) it is normally used in landfill sites to stop seepage. There is also a company in Rayong whose name eludes me right now that produce a suitable product, but it is extremely expensive and is best collected from the factory. A REALLY good supplier would weld the liner for you according to your dimensions but whichever product you choose getting it to fold nicely at the corners is one heck of a job ( yes, I know, folds are not desireable but are so often required ). A fish pond equipment supplier on 3rd road in Pattaya simply glues the sheeting together to produce the large sheet. Probably easier to shape but I'd not like to  guess how long the seal lasts. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Offline finnomick

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
A very good website about building ponds ( amongst many others ) is www.thaigardendesign.com . Back in the good old days I used to transport water garden products all over Europe from a company called Blagdon from Bridgewater including rolls of liner 6 metres long and 1 metre in diameter. It'll cost a fortune for them to ship out here but their website is vast and informative.

Offline olavhome

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »
Ifound the information first on the Coolthaihouse site. This mans pond was bigger then mine and seems to have been ok for some months. As far as I can see from Pictures they weld the sheets together on site.
Interesting to see what Pichai will find out tomorrow :-)

Offline SOM LUCK

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »
Single ply roofing membranes could also be used and might be easier to locate. 

Offline Pichai

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:18 PM »
I spoke on the telephone today to the sales manager of GSE Enviromental in Bangkok. Becoming a Buriram distributor for this brand is not a challenge. However, the GSE sales manager made it clear that the widest the roll of pond liner is available is 7 meters. He questioned if Ruangsangthai had qualified and experienced employees to install and "weld or join" the sections of membrane. I was candid and told the sales manager my store currently had qualified water pump installation teams and we sub contract well drilling and kitchen worktop granite installations. I told him that we are currently training a small team to properly install rain gutters and another team to install laminate flooring for our commercial and residential customers in Buriram Province. I keep my employees busy with water pump and pressure washer repairs and I really am not sure I could field a qualified and motivated team of pond liner installers. I was told the regional salesman would e-mail me the prices of the GSE liners, but I did not make a confirmation if I would order this product until I knew my customers were able to field workers who had prior experience in joining the sections. Today the highest ranking Mitsubishi Electric Water Pump management staff who have ever come to my store paid a worthwhile visit. Mr. Artit Manubrud the Department Manager of Fan and Water Pump for Kang Yong Electric  Public Company Limited spent time with store management, spoke with a Dutch customer and spent real time with my repair service department. I believe that the Buriram Expats who have any questions regarding water pumps of any sort will be served proper information in English by the Mitsubishi Water Pump technical team at my Expo. Frankly I told Mr. Manubrud that technical training for my water pump repair and installation staff and Expo sales staff that can understand and speak English was a better use of the Mitsubishi Electric marketing budget than two female spokes models in skimpy outfits. 

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:48 AM »
Picai, I think you are spot on for that last comment.  People will continue to come to your shop for proper repairs and advice regarding home related issues.  Not so much for the 'pretty.'

Offline Pichai

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »
On Saturday the owner of a Geotextile manufacturing company based in Thailand visited my builders merchants store in Buriram. He brought samples, printed photos and specifications in English. I placed an initial order for 200 gram geotextile which I can sell at a fair price to Buriram house building contractors, local government authorities and to Buriram home owners. It was explained to me that I can also order Geogrids, Geonets, Geomembranes, Geosynthetic Clay Liners and Geocomposites from this same Thailand based supplier. The widest Geo Textile made by this firm in Thailand is three meters, but if my Buriram customers need a wider geotextile then they  the company must order from China.  I can sell Geotextile at a significant discount of a Buriram home owner buys one full roll which is 100 meters in length.  It was explained to me that this geotextile is used under roads, gardens and other applications.  Please stop by to see a sample or pick up a brochure in English.

Offline davureborn

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »
Great. This stuff also makes an excellent water filter and weed suppressant (buried under a layer of gravel).

Offline Pichai

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 07:07:13 AM »
I now have samples in stock of the brand of Geotextile I have recently sold to Buriram Expats. This non woven ground cover will allow rain to fall through the Geo Textile but claims to prevent weeds. The photo attached is from a European Expat customer of Ruangsangthai who is building a bungalow in a village about 45 minutes from my Buriram Builders Merchants store. I have 100 gram and 200 gram samples to show any landscape planners or Buriram home owners who are comparing Geo Textile rolls. As it was explained to me the Geotextile is suitable for under a gravel driveway, stone roadway, new lawn, or in a garden in Buriram. The expat who bought the first roll of Geo Textile from Ruangsangthai told me his normal Thai village workers were able to properly install this landscape ground cover fabric material. If there are any other house building products or categories of tools that expats do not see in my store or any other Buriram Home Improvement Stores please visit my store and speak with me or my three Native English speaking customer service staff members. I also am able to answer PM via Buriram Expats or e-mails at ruangsangthai@gmail.com.  Thank You   Mr. Pichai. The price I sell 100 gram and 200 gram Geotextile non woven landscape ground cover is significantly less than is charged in Surin Province by a fine CPAC dealer store.

Offline davureborn

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
Stuff that I installed 30 years ago still suppresses weeds. So it isn't a claim.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick