{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Do you recycle  (Read 4394 times)

Offline hotnutts

• Contributor with future
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
Do you recycle
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »
Ive got a large stout plastic box that sits in my garden , in this box I throw all the empty drink cans and plastic bottles then when I see the collector strolling down the soi , I give him a wave and he takes every thing from the box , he currently gives me 1 Baht for every two drink cans and 6 Baht per Kilo for plastic bottles ,  Ive tried to steer my wife in the recycling direction but to no avail , she seems to look upon me as tight fisted farang .  Just wondering if any one here keeps and then sells their cans and plastic bottles , or is it just me  ::)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: Do you recycle
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
I collect all recyclables and give them to the twice weekly rubbish collection guys.

They obviously go on to sell them when they have finished their rubbish run.

This gesture is paid backed 3 or 4 times a year when I do a garden clean up.

I can dump 4 to 5 cubic meters of tree and shrub cuttings outside knowing that they will (happily) be picked up. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »
We recycle all plastic, cans and cardboard. The wife's daughterhas to make sure all is seperated and sacked up and tidy out back and in return she gets to sell it and keep the money. She always has a few baht in her pocket, doesn't need to keep asking for money every day and in a small way learns a bit of work ethic.

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
I collect all recyclables and give them to the twice weekly rubbish collection guys.

They obviously go on to sell them when they have finished their rubbish run.

This gesture is paid backed 3 or 4 times a year when I do a garden clean up.

I can dump 4 to 5 cubic meters of tree and shrub cuttings outside knowing that they will (happily) be picked up.

That seems a good arrangement  thumbup

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »
We recycle all plastic, cans and cardboard. The wife's daughterhas to make sure all is seperated and sacked up and tidy out back and in return she gets to sell it and keep the money. She always has a few baht in her pocket, doesn't need to keep asking for money every day and in a small way learns a bit of work ethic.

I like the work ethic part and the pocket money , good idea .

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »

We have a similar arrangement here, but it is the MIL that controls the collection and selling of the recyclables.
She is a little unhappy with me at the moment, as I have seriously cut down on my drinking, and that has had a knock-on effect
on her income.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
Since I have a store supporting the internet shop we get a lot of bottles, cardboard, cans, etc.  About once every 2 weeks the battle axe (mom in law) takes it to the reclycer and gets around 300 baht.  So not too bad of a return. 

Just before I moved here I was trying to clean out my garage, had well over 100 lbs of cardboard, offered in on craigs list for free, no takers. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:02 AM »
We donate all of ours to the F/L. He sells it and gets his Red Bull at 30 baht with it.. thumbup

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick