{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New boy  (Read 16480 times)

Offline hotnutts

• Contributor with future
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
New boy
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »
Thought I would join this forum as my self and family are planning to move over to Buriram from Chonburi .  My wifes mother is in poor health so my wife would like to be nearer to look after her mother . I am from the UK and due to an accident I stopped working some years ago . I try to keep my mind active and enjoy gardening tinkering with computers photography cooking and trying to learn how to play my new ukulele and of course generally trying to stay sane  :wacko:

regards - Vincent

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: New boy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:57:39 AM »
Thought I would join this forum as my self and family are planning to move over to Buriram from Chonburi .  My wifes mother is in poor health so my wife would like to be nearer to look after her mother . I am from the UK and due to an accident I stopped working some years ago . I try to keep my mind active and enjoy gardening tinkering with computers photography cooking and trying to learn how to play my new ukulele and of course generally trying to stay sane  :wacko:

regards - Vincent

Welcome to the forum.

Where will you live in Buriram?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:09:01 AM »
Vincent, you are coming to the wrong place if you want to retain your sanity - look what it has done to Nookie !!

Welcome anyway.

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »
Vincent, you are coming to the wrong place if you want to retain your sanity - look what it has done to Nookie !!

Welcome anyway.

Thanks for the welcome  thumbup

Ive had a quick browse through this forum and there does seem to be one or two members who are held in high esteem
for their character.

I hope to learn more about Nookie  smilenod

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »

regards - Vincent

Welcome to the forum.

Where will you live in Buriram?

Thanks for the welcome

My wifes family live on the out skirts of Satuek , personally I don't want to move too close but close enough so my wife can easily drive to her mums house . Knowing from past personal experiences , living too near a Thai relative can turn into a stressful situation  newargue

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
I live in a compound with between 9 and 12 family members. I wouldn't want to live in Thailand any other way. I prefer to keep away from large gatherings of Farangs!

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »
I live in a compound with between 9 and 12 family members. I wouldn't want to live in Thailand any other way. I prefer to keep away from large gatherings of Farangs!

Personally in past relationships may be I have been un lucky where Thai / girlfriend / family were involved , but the memories of living too near the partners Thai relatives still make breakout in a cold sweat  :wacko:

As for involvement where large crowds of Farangs were involved , I had soon my fill when I got involved in an expat club in Pattaya .  How does the old saying go - once bitten twice .....

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »
Stay away from the farang scene here in Buriram and you wont go wrong.  Its a Bitchfest when they all get together...

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
Stay away from the farang scene here in Buriram and you wont go wrong.  Its a Bitchfest when they all get together...

Bit of a generalisation there, Toffo.

I go to many places on my travels delivering our products. I agree that there are the odd one or two people that are difficult to get on with, but overall I find most westerners here quite friendly.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:28 AM »

Welcome anyway.

We agree again.  What is this place coming too?   

BTW, welcome Vincent.  You can stop by and say hi sometime, you drive right by my villiage between Satuek and Buriram (just south of the John Deere dealership). 

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »

I seem to have a little sixth sense man sitting on my shoulder when I ever get to meet a new foreigner , some times he whispers in my ear ok he seems to be a genuine decent sort of a chap , and some times , look out here's another Walter Mitty  ;D

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Being from the UK you will survive the banter at nookie's, and he supplies at very good service to the expat-community.
Just look at his site, lots of decent foodstuffs at very decent prices. This from a very sattisfied customer.
B.t.w. : if you have a spare shirt is his size ... he'll be a "changed" man !!!

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »

Welcome anyway.

BTW, welcome Vincent.  You can stop by and say hi sometime, you drive right by my villiage between Satuek and Buriram (just south of the John Deere dealership).

Hi and thanks for the invite  thumbup

As my old granddad use to say ,  in a mad world only the mad are sane   :wacko:

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
Being from the UK you will survive the banter at nookie's, and he supplies at very good service to the expat-community.
Just look at his site, lots of decent foodstuffs at very decent prices. This from a very sattisfied customer.
B.t.w. : if you have a spare shirt is his size ... he'll be a "changed" man !!!

This '' Nookie '' and his food is some thing I will for sure have to look into  smilenod

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »

Welcome anyway.

Something is clearly not right somewhere Keith !   :)

Vincent, where  were you from in the UK  - we might as well get the nosey bugger questions out of the way   :)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick