{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: House we are building in Roiet .  (Read 25226 times)

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
Re: House we are building in Roiet .
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 06:03:59 AM »
In a week we start the drive and footpaths 150mm (15cm) thick with re-bar square section top quality steel .

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »
A few million baht and still there is a pillar in the middle of the room!  There's gotta be a way of getting around that sore thumb! 
Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks it diminishes the eye appeal & sense of quality.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »
A few million baht and still there is a pillar in the middle of the room!  There's gotta be a way of getting around that sore thumb! 
Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks it diminishes the eye appeal & sense of quality.

Where is it?? Sorry I cannot see it??
or are you talking about the wall between shower & toilet?

Offline bart simpson

• Contributor with future
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 07:40:56 AM »
I thought the same at first but it is the shower partition.

Offline BillH52

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 08:35:07 AM »
The yellow one near the kitchen.  P1060296.JPG

Offline bart simpson

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 08:45:32 AM »
The yellow one near the kitchen.  P1060296.JPG
It does take away from the appeal but probably can't be eliminated.

Offline hotnutts

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • Have You Seen
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:35 AM »
Nice house design , one thing that struck me was the shower area , Ive never been keen on this type of design where the water from the shower head falls onto the floor and then runs all over the place , after you have had a shower you then have to paddle about on the slippery wet floor , in past houses that had this type of shower room design I had to place a mat out side the shower room door to wipe my wet feet on. A shower cubicle or at least a sunken shower tray would be more fitting to a house of this nice design .

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
Great looking house surrounded by prison walls... 

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,the client is a  engineer and  was very positive about his choice of large open bathrooms (none slip tiles ) .No dingy cubicles .
large living room kitchen layouts , also the garden wall area .
Most successful people who have money and large houses have walls like this !
That 1 column was needed to hold the roof up would you believe ;-] such a large room like this to get away with one column took some doing . 
PS - more pic,s in a few days ,when I next log in.
Thanks for your input guys - keep smiling and have a great day ... 

Offline BillH52

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »
If he didn't want 'dingy' bathrooms, why the heck did he choose 'blotchy gray'?
Large 'kitchen' layout?  I didn't see one.  I saw only a very limited kitchen; perhaps you are including the outdoor kitchen.  I do like the wood cabinets, even if they are limited.
Perimeter walls are one of the least expensive parts of a build; a person of money not required.  2+ meter height is a bit much, but for other reasons. 
In my mind, any free standing column in a 3+ million baht house - to hold the roof up - requires a different designer. However, as you say; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the guy is an engineer.  To each his own.   

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »
If he didn't want 'dingy' bathrooms, why the heck did he choose 'blotchy gray'? – very expensive tiles his choice -(dingy means small).

Large 'kitchen' layout?  I didn't see one.  - large living room, kitchen layouts . I never said large kitchen all though its not small!
 I saw only a very limited kitchen; perhaps you are including the outdoor kitchen.  I do like the wood cabinets, even if they are limited. –Solid hardwood sorry NO laminate .

Perimeter walls are one of the least expensive parts of a build; a person of money not required.  2+ meter height is a bit much, but for other reasons.  –What I meant is people with money like high walls for privacy and security  ,do you think movie stars and so on have no walls ?

In my mind, any free standing column in a 3+ million baht house - to hold the roof up - requires a different designer.-If only you had any idea about building you might know better !
 However, as you say; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the guy is an engineer.  To each his own.  So maybe to inspire me for future ideas do you have a few pictures of your own house ?
Thanks for the input negative or otherwise its all great stuff .  bravo1

Offline bart simpson

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »
In Alan's defense he did not pick out the plans with the post in the middle or choose the colors. His job is to give the owner what he asked for and it looks like he did a very good quality job of it. I think Alan meant "Dinky" and not "Dingy". He is much better at building than spelling.

Offline BillH52

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »
Ok Alan; you are right; not about to argue with you.  Not my intention to be negative; only stating my observations & opinion.

“(dingy means small)”  -  my mistake; I thought you meant - din•gy  - dinjē  adjective - gloomy and drab. 
Obviously a different English we are speaking.

I complimented the use of limited’ wood cabinets;  Not 'Laminate cabinets'.  Another English issue, perhaps.

Movie Stars?   Really?  Interesting statement, though.

Is it not possible, Alan, to better 'camouflage' a major supporting pillar to better enhance the open visual impact?  Rather than having it stick up like a sore thumb?  We both know it is possible.  'Free standing' is just - not to my taste; sorry.

As for my own home; you and I discussed that in the past, didn’t we; face to face and in person; just before your unfortunate accident.

Don’t think you would really want to challenge my professional background and expertise; thanks, anyway.
Enjoyed the photos; especially like the outside kitchen example. 

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
On the original plan there were two columns we removed one to accommodate a snooker table .
The extra steel we had to add to get away with only the one column was a massive modification , trying to take away both on a room SO large and leave the layout and entrance the same would have been almost impossible , this one room is bigger than most peoples  house .
We had a few meetings with engineers and the client was more than happy to leave one main supporting column  .   Next week window blinds are coming and a few other small furnishings .
The 220-Volt diesel generator has been tried and tested  today and is working fine ,this can be turned on from inside the house .

Again thanks for the input people ,always a pleasure .

Offline pablo

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »
As usual...a nice looking build there Alan.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick