{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: House we are building in Roiet .  (Read 25230 times)

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
House we are building in Roiet .
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:19:28 AM »
Windows - green laminated green tint ecco cool 6mm glass .
Walls - Jumbo red brick cavity walls rendered .
Doors - hard wood 220 cm high \ bathrooms 200 cm.
Window - sills hard wood over 15 year old wood (solid and dry).
Flooring - Granito low scratch ,size 10mm thick -- 100 cm square (over size normal spec 60cm).
Kitchens -Fitted kitchen inside and out.
Furnishings -Built in shelving in pantry and walk in drobes open shelving in small bedrooms .
Carport -Double carport with lock up room.
Outdoor - Generator and water filter room \with outdoor BBQ area.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
Re: House we are building in Roiet .
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »
pics.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 03:24:16 AM »
Pics

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 03:26:46 AM »
p

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »
Alan: Excellent looking home you are building. I admire many of the design features and house building materials you and your client selected. We have not yet met in person. However you, your construction supervisor and your partner might consider meeting me and over twenty five house building materials technical representatives who speak English, on Tuesday October 14th inside Ruangsangthai Builders Merchants Warehouse Store located on Highway 2074 in Buriram. My family owned, low overhead, hardware store which has an excellent selection of generators often used for back up electrical supply is five minutes heading out of Buriram from the Ekachon Private Hospital. I may have a more attractive price on quality Marton and Baton concrete job site mixers for you to consider for use at your custom home building in Surin Province. I may have an attractive price on VRH bathroom fittings that are keeping with the quality of bathroom and kitchen fittings you and your home owners select for the custom homes you build in Surin and Buriram Province.  I've arranged for a quality pizza to be served on Tuesday at no charge, for the expats and for complimentary Thai food to be served on both the 14th and 15th at this Buriram Home and Kitchen and Garden Expo.  The door heights of the home you are building are a refreshing change from what many local builders convince expats is the only option. I wish you continued success and I look forward to meeting you in person.  Pichai Ruangsuksriwong

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
Hi Alan, house looks fantastic. are you able to share the build cost for a house of this specification and size.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
plan and prices coming .
Thanks ...

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »
Plans .

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »
Very nice house design.

Can you please explain more about the process of registering and approving house plans in land office?

Time until land office approve the plans,
Who need to sign the plans,
Does land office involve in checking the house is in some official standard & regulations of building in Thailand?

sawadi
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:06:51 PM by Admin »

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »
I am experienced in this process and offer my services to Expats in and near Buriram for the "Permit to Build" application, process and costs. 1) It will NOT be in the "land office".  I can tell your spouse in Thai the name of the correct office for a "permit to build" or who to see in a particular village. If the house is one story, modest in size, it need only be signed by the draftsman, licensed architect or you can even use free Government plans. If your house is over a certain height or over a certain size it will need, and sensibly so, to be computed, worked on and signed by a licensed engineer.  The owner of the HOUSE is listed on the house plans.  Then the government official signs each and every page, and stamps each and every page. Your builder or you then make copies of the plans, so you always have a copy at your build site. You are issued a "permit to build" in less than three weeks in any community in Buriram, unless your plans are not done professional or are VERY complicated.

The actual cost is nominal, it is set by law, on a sliding scale, depending on size and height, and very modest. Depending on the size of your house, and the height of your house, will determine the government fee structure and if you need a licensed engineer to sign your house plans. I have copies of several house plans in my store and I can show you. I can explain to your Thai spouse in Thai and English what simple items you need. Having the permit to build will make your electrical service, water service, utility service application process and your house number registration all go smooth. If you pay the fee, often less than 400 baht, for a "Permit to Build" you will eliminate the stalling, confusion and possible corruption attempts by un named parties who realize you are not "papered up".  Often it is worth the 6000 baht to 8000 baht often quoted in Buriram for a qualified licensed engineer to work on and sign your plans, as he will also provide you with a very detailed list of building materials that you should purchase for your home.  With that very specific list of building materials, especially the steel, concrete, pipe specs, you can safe considerable money if you shop for materials, or if you employ a project manager, that project manager knows for sure what materials you will need and he can serve you better. Stop by and see me any Monday through Saturday at Ruangsangthai Builders merchants and I can speak Thai to your spouse and reasonable English to you regarding the "permit to Build" process. I have years of actual Buriram Province experience in working with Government officials and I can steer you on the right path and help you avoid bureaucratic pitfalls and a strained marriage due to this paperwork process. 

On Wednesday October 15th, many of these Buriam Government officials will be my guest at the first "Buriram Home Garden Expo & Sale" inside Ruangsangthai. However on Tuesday October 14th, the expat community from Buriram and nearby provinces will be my guest to enjoy complimentary fresh baked pizza, Thai food, beverages, and visit over 29 booths from major house building materials, power tools, irrigation, tile, and sink manufacturers with at least one person working in each booth who understand and speak English. The door prizes on Tuesday October 14th are suitable for expats. 

I may not be able to help you with the permit to build process on Tuesday or Wednesday October 14 and 15, but I have meetings in my store most every week with the government officials in a particular village or city to explain to the Thai spouse of an expat what she will need to provide for the permit to build, or how to obtain better electrical service, etc..  Personal service to the expat community has served my family well for over 30 years and I look forward to continuing this free service to expats and their Thai spouses.  Ask for Mr. Pichai when you visit Ruangsangthai on Highway 2074, which is five minutes out of town from the Buriram Ekachon Private Hospital.

Mr, Alan the builder is certainly another qualified person to meet and explain in English how this process is simple, inexpensive and not a challenge if your wife has proper "land papers". 

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 07:19:24 AM »
It can be very simple and also not so depending where you are and what you are  building , Skyscraper in Bangkok – Village house in the sticks .But an average house in the town or country side ,sometimes you only need to show a full set of plans and a Chanote Wifes ID card ONLY.Other times(more in town) they require Plans ,Chanote ,Specification booklet ,Signed by a qualified engineer .Plans also signed by both Architect and engineer .Sometimes you will need to get a small map of the house location made also .You start at the local Obator and ask what you need there !Normally its easy and anyone can do this .We help to sort all this out free to all our clients .Signing of the plans by engineer and architect can cost ,from 3000B local to 50.000B Kho Sumui ,Pattaya ,in some cases.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:21:05 AM by Alanthebuilder »

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
pics we are now building the wall and next the road to the house .

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »
p

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Alan the Builder