{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Weird log in problems  (Read 9089 times)

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Weird log in problems
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »
My computer banned me from Buriram expats forum (no great loss you will doubtless be thinking). Great patience shown by Admin and also by me.
My problem: Firefox log in didn't work, I was banned for life. So about 6 months ago I switched to IE and that worked for a time. Then I was again banned for life. (getting, sorry davu, you are banned and sorry guest, you are banned). Now, using the Chrome browser, I can log in under a new user name, davureborn (Before, davu).
I assure you that I did a lot of get arounds, like clearing history, cookies and cache, starting with addons disabled, ... I haven't seen anyone else having problems like this, but then if they were banned, you wouldn't, would you?
Never mind, my pursuit of liberty, justice and beer will go on.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Weird log in problems
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
Cheers for this one & Thank you for your patient.
The ip filter is having issues from time to time, no wonder as many of our members are surfing from the same zone and sometimes from the same place when going out and hanging together in Buriram area. :) sawadi & welcome back!!

Offline davureborn

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:13:20 AM »
Just a thought... I blocked, using the 'select element to hide' option from Adblock Edge, all the annoying little men that appear above the answering bit. I very rarely use these as I can write English and I can't find an option for blocking them. There they are now, jumping about, masturbating... I don't know... they remind me of catching a glance of a ching chook or scorpion out of the corner of my eye.
Anyway, maybe this is at the source of my log in problems. I am the only guy in the village with internet so conflicts arising from many people surfing from the same zone aren't likely.
Anyway, any chance of hiding the idioticons?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
Just a thought... I blocked, using the 'select element to hide' option from Adblock Edge, all the annoying little men that appear above the answering bit. I very rarely use these as I can write English and I can't find an option for blocking them. There they are now, jumping about, masturbating... I don't know... they remind me of catching a glance of a ching chook or scorpion out of the corner of my eye.
Anyway, maybe this is at the source of my log in problems. I am the only guy in the village with internet so conflicts arising from many people surfing from the same zone aren't likely.
Anyway, any chance of hiding the idioticons?
Can you write it shorter and more clear? What are you talking about? No ads or anything like you describe above.
Please explain what I just marked in BOLD above. sawadi

Offline davureborn

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 06:36:13 AM »
Sorry about that. I mean the horrible  :) :D party4 party2 jumping8 chairhit swordfight
things bobbing up and down just above my field of vision. I can block these with an Adblock extension called 'select element to hide'. I do this a lot on websites that are flashing messages at me.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
My guess is that he wants to turn off the emoticons.

You can turn it off somewhere in settings, but I am unable to edit my settings (still) so I can't show you.

Sorry.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 03, 2024, 07:53:28 PM

Re: House for sale Lamplaimat by Wayne from Aus
March 03, 2024, 05:27:57 AM