{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Ice Bucket challenge Buriram!  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Ice Bucket challenge Buriram!
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Ice Bucket challenge Buriram!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
For those that don't know the background:

Well it seem a fad is going around, the ice bucket challenge.  If challenged you should dumb a bucket of Ice water over your head or write a check to the ALS foundation. 

Now I was never a hugh fan of George Bush, but some times he got it right.  And I think he nailed this (worth watching regardless of your polictical beliefs: 

You can find out more about this challenge here:

http://time.com/#3136507/als-ice-bucket-challenge-started/

I hired a guy in 2005 to replace me in Iraq.  During a later tour in 2009 he changed, his voice became gruff.  He was diagnosed with ALS.  He died last year and had been confined to a wheel chair.  This is a horrid wasting condition.

Bruce Andrew Bodie     Feb. 13, 1963 - Nov. 14, 2013The funeral services for Bruce Andrew Bodie, age 50, of Athens, AL; will be Saturday, November 23, 2013 at 2 p.m. at McConnell Memorial Chapel with Darryl Goldman officiating.Mr. Bodie passed away Thursday November 14, 2013 at his residence.Mr. Bodie was born February 13, 1963 in La Porte, Indiana to Harry A. Bodie and Thelma Bodie. He graduated from La Porte High School, and enlisted in the Army at 17. Bruce served in Germany, Korea, and was a veteran of the Gulf Wars, (Desert Storm/ Iraqi Freedom). He was deployed to Iraq many times, and has been on every continent except Australia. He served the Army for 24 years. After retiring from the Army, Bruce worked for CAS WYLE for 8 years. Bruce was a Girl Scout leader, who loved camping. He also loved gardening, travelling, spending time with family and friends, as well as home improvement projects.He is preceded in death by his father Harry A. Bodie and Grandmother Leona Benner. He is survived by his loving wife of 7 years Belinda L. Bodie; mother Thelma Bodie; three sons Anthony R. Kratz, Shawn D. Muirhead, and Cody A. Muirhead; four daughters Anna M. Marshall, Angela L. Hurtubise, Carrie L. Muirhead, and Brianne R. Muirhead; two brothers Paul A. Bodie and Mark C. Bodie; two sisters Pamela J. Bodie, and Kristina A. Bodie; ten grandchildren Tyler Kiger, Alexis Kratz, Michael Kiger, Justin Muirhead, Austin Muirhead, Sadie Muirhead, Ava Muirhead, Gage Muirhead, Liam Marshall, Leah Lawson.In lieu flowers memorials may be made to The Wounded Warriors Project.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:43:02 PM by urleft »

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
With all due respect to urleft's posting, I for one am sick to day of hearing about ice bucket challenge.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
One of the suppliers of valves available in most any Buriram Builders Merchants retailer has sent me this video. The Sanwa Products group asked if I wanted to request this "spokes model" to attend the Buriram Home | Garden & Tool Expo at Ruangsangthai this October. Perhaps this "presenter" is the person the Buriram and Surin expats want to communicate with about valves and fittings at a booth inside Ruangsangthai or perhaps they would prefer a technical expert who speaks and understands English to be sent from Bangkok to Buriram.  Your comments are most welcome.

http://youtu.be/1-i4fhdJIm0?t=14s
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:47:07 PM by Pichai »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod