{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Moderation Recommdations  (Read 14374 times)

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Moderation Recommdations
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
Review,I thought I was clear that I was referring to Thai's only...obviously not clear enough.The old saying you can't please all the people all the time would seem to apply in answer to your comments "why offend anyone"? Different cultures,attitudes etc,can create misunderstandings,as we seem to be having right now.But most westerners have no real understanding of losing "face" in the eyes of Thai people.Some European countries are very,stoic,for want of a better word,where an Aussie or Brit can laugh things off(example only).

Offline Review

• Global Moderator
  • Contributor with future
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Thank You JasonB.

We are talking about Buriram Expats. I know it is in Thailand but we must respect everyone.

Why does someone say they only don't like offending Thai people when we have many nationalities on here? My message was "why offend anyone"?

Please let's be happy together.

No misunderstanding anywhere.

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »
Correct me if I’m wrong but I have never made any political or religious comments here and the only reason is that I would get banned for not having the same view on things happening in the world as you and the people moderating this page, links to world news are being removed etc. This is not right; everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not get censored due to wrong nationality, religion or political stand.
What’s important to you might only be a bagatelle for others or the other way around, If I don’t like the topic or what’s in it I move on to the next one. I don’t need to vent my opinion on every single topic and I don’t see any reason to get involved everywhere. I understand that some members are interested and want their thoughts heard on every single thing and that’s OK even if I don’t agree with most of them.

Most things are OK with me as long as you don’t threaten forum members and their family or offending the Thai Nation. No violence in-between forum members on topics related to Buriram Expats should be accepted.

Thank you Beer Leo.

Agree. But please why only offending Thai nation is  a problem. Why offend anyone?

Well if you moderating a expat page in Thailand I think you should already know the answer to this statement. You will always offend someone when taking political stands or if you are posting world news, depending on your political view or nationality, I don't see any wrong in that. When it comes to offending Thai nation it's different story and you as a moderator on this forum should know!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Keith ,I couldn't read your comment before it was edited as I was banned..........Surely you weren't having a crack at me again!!
Cider not far away........everything else here..........Paul xx

Paul, 

It was not directed at you, however, if you start a sheep farm it may apply. 

Thanks Paul, BTW, what happed to your tag line with the website?  Tried to look at the site but can't readily find it. 

BTW, I will be driving by you place on Moday afternoon, you home?
Keith,Re Tag Line.........I sent a message several weeks ago......I'm yet to receive a reply..............
Yes mate,I'll be in after 14-00hrs...............Cheers Paul
RE Tag Line.........I sent a message several weeks ago asking exactly that.......Still awaiting the reply

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick