{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Moderation Recommdations  (Read 14376 times)

Offline Review

• Global Moderator
  • Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Moderation Recommdations
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 06:37:41 PM »

The rules are well known and includes what urleft wrote above and more.

I am sorry but I do not know what the rules are. Perhaps you can direct me to where thay are posted which would be of benefit to me, existing members and new members.

Mike

The rules are shown when you register.

Also posted here http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7869.msg49940.html#new

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
Correct me if I’m wrong but I have never made any political or religious comments here and the only reason is that I would get banned for not having the same view on things happening in the world as you and the people moderating this page, links to world news are being removed etc. This is not right; everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not get censored due to wrong nationality, religion or political stand.
What’s important to you might only be a bagatelle for others or the other way around, If I don’t like the topic or what’s in it I move on to the next one. I don’t need to vent my opinion on every single topic and I don’t see any reason to get involved everywhere. I understand that some members are interested and want their thoughts heard on every single thing and that’s OK even if I don’t agree with most of them.

Most things are OK with me as long as you don’t threaten forum members and their family or offending the Thai Nation. No violence in-between forum members on topics related to Buriram Expats should be accepted.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
Keith ,I couldn't read your comment before it was edited as I was banned..........Surely you weren't having a crack at me again!!
Cider not far away........everything else here..........Paul xx

Paul, 

It was not directed at you, however, if you start a sheep farm it may apply. 

Offline Review

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »
Correct me if I’m wrong but I have never made any political or religious comments here and the only reason is that I would get banned for not having the same view on things happening in the world as you and the people moderating this page, links to world news are being removed etc. This is not right; everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not get censored due to wrong nationality, religion or political stand.
What’s important to you might only be a bagatelle for others or the other way around, If I don’t like the topic or what’s in it I move on to the next one. I don’t need to vent my opinion on every single topic and I don’t see any reason to get involved everywhere. I understand that some members are interested and want their thoughts heard on every single thing and that’s OK even if I don’t agree with most of them.

Most things are OK with me as long as you don’t threaten forum members and their family or offending the Thai Nation. No violence in-between forum members on topics related to Buriram Expats should be accepted.

Thank you Beer Leo.

Agree. But please why only offending Thai nation is  a problem. Why offend anyone?

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »

Thank you Beer Leo.

Agree. But please why only offending Thai nation is  a problem. Why offend anyone?
Because we have to live in Thailand,and the social and political situations here mean that Thai's have a different sense of humour to us,we can joke and poke shite at each other,and the next day have a beer together....not so in Thai culture or attitudes.

Offline mike

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »

Because it is against the law in Thailand to critisice the Thai Royal Family or Buddism.

Offline mike

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:58 PM »

Offline F1ART

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »
 Because we have to live in Thailand,and the social and political situations here mean that Thai's have a different sense of humour to us,we can joke and poke shite at each other,and the next day have a beer together....not so in Thai culture or attitudes.
[/quote]
Not my experience in Thailand, where often I can joke with my wife and her family and friends and they always have a beer together the next day!

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
Wife and family are much more forgiving then some one you don't know,or have met in person,face is so important that if that you say or joke about is taken out of context,well we all have seen or read the results of that.

Offline Review

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
Wife and family are much more forgiving then some one you don't know,or have met in person,face is so important that if that you say or joke about is taken out of context,well we all have seen or read the results of that.

Thank you JasonB. So why offend people you don't know?

Any nationality should not be offended. We are in Thailand but must respect everyone.

Offline F1ART

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »

Thank you JasonB. So why offend people you don't know?

Any nationality should not be offended. We are in Thailand but must respect everyone.

I would imagine if you joked about or poked shit at anyone you didn't know you would get a negative reaction, certainly wouldn't be drinking beer the next day?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »
Keith ,I couldn't read your comment before it was edited as I was banned..........Surely you weren't having a crack at me again!!
Cider not far away........everything else here..........Paul xx

Paul, 

It was not directed at you, however, if you start a sheep farm it may apply. 

Thanks Paul, BTW, what happed to your tag line with the website?  Tried to look at the site but can't readily find it. 

BTW, I will be driving by you place on Moday afternoon, you home? 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
Keith,
what are your thoughts about my recommendation for you & nookie to be moderators?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »
Keith,
what are your thoughts about my recommendation for you & nookie to be moderators?

I would be fairly ineffective as the only things I would moderate are what I stated on the post start.    Besides, I might then start a catagory for the "Dart Board"  to let us have at it. 

As for Nookie, it would be fun to watch him have to give himself warnings. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »
Keith
BTW
I agree with points 1 & 2 in your OP.
Anyone who slags off a BE members family should be immediately banned IMHO.
Likewise, anyone who posts defamatory comments regarding Buddhism or the Royal Family should be removed.
After all, the forum owner is liable for any defamotory remarks posted....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:59:31 PM by mxyzptlk »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM