{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: The Militarization of U.S. Police  (Read 16475 times)

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
Re: The Militarization of U.S. Police
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 03:52:05 PM »
CO-CO,

Shame on you – bad boy. !!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »
CO-CO,

Shame on you – bad boy. !!

Did I do something wrong......again ????

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
Adam,

If you have ever shot anyone, you will know it is never in cold blood.

Only in the movies......

Are we to assume you have like whufc, passed judgement on the case already?

If so shame on you.

My reference to Nookie and his brain dead gang was nothing to do with this case.

I was commenting on the constant sniping at the US forum members by a childish clique of drunkards who are like bullys in the school playground.

Amazing the  guys that have never been in a life threatening situation are so ready to pass judgment on those of us that have been there and done that. 

If I have a 6+ foot 300 lb giant charging me, I would hope I had enough rounds to stop him. 

When I had a choice between their life and mine, I selfishly  choose their life every time.   So in this case I am inclined to support the cop. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
One of the most sad things about this incident, is that Obama is not trying to instill calm.  He is sending his racist AG to stir things up.   

Holder headed to Ferguson on Wednesday, will oversee federal response to shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/justice-department-orders-new-autopsy-of-michael-browns-body/2014/08/18/023a4d12-2694-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Note that this is same AG that would not go after law breakers because they were "his people"

He in his own words is not the AG for all Americans, he is just for "my people"   

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:17 AM »

Concealed Carry

in America

An analysis of the FBI crime statistics found that states that adopted
concealed carry laws REDUCED:11

8.5%

Murders

5%

Rapes

7%

Aggravated Assaults

3%

Robberies

gun free zone
With just one exception, every public mass shooting in the USA since 1950 has taken place where citizens are banned from carrying guns. Despite strict gun regulations, Europe has had 3 of the worst 6 school shootings.

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 08:38:23 AM »
The deaths of two female police constables have brought into focus the unarmed status of most British police. Why does Britain hold firm against issuing guns to officers on the beat?

It's the single most obvious feature that sets the British bobby apart from their counterparts overseas.

Tourists and visitors regularly express surprise at the absence of firearms from the waists of officers patrolling the streets.

But to most inhabitants of the UK - with the notable exception of Northern Ireland - it is a normal, unremarkable state of affairs that most front-line officers do not carry guns.

Unremarkable, that is, until unarmed officers like Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone are killed in the line of duty. There are always those who question why Britain is out of step with most of the rest of the world, with the exceptions of the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Norway and a handful of other nations.

Continue reading the main story
View from a bobby
A police constable serving in a city in southern England gives his view:

"I have been in the police for 12 years, before that I was in the Army. I would happily carry a gun if the decision was made but it won't ever happen.

"I don't think practically it could work because of the training. Officers in this country are highly trained and this would extend to firearms training, too. But, at the moment, with all the cuts, we can't put enough officers in the cars, let alone give them firearms training.

"Also, the police in this country are always under so much scrutiny. Look at the issue of Tasers, the civil liberty groups think they are one of the most inhumane things going.

"I was previously injured badly in an assault. My colleague and I feared for our lives - thankfully other officers came to our aid. I don't think a gun - or a Taser for that matter - would have helped us in that situation. Communication is one of the best tools, and to be honest, having a gun could make an officer feel over-confident."

The police are the public and vice versa
Police should not be armed - Orde

For a heavily urbanised country of its population size, the situation in Great Britain is arguably unique.

Film director Michael Winner, founder of the Police Memorial Trust, and Tony Rayner, the former chairman of Essex Police Federation, have both called for officers to be routinely armed.

But despite the loss of two of his officers, Greater Manchester Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy was quick to speak in support of the status quo.

"We are passionate that the British style of policing is routinely unarmed policing. Sadly we know from the experience in America and other countries that having armed officers certainly does not mean, sadly, that police officers do not end up getting shot."

But one thing is clear. When asked, police officers say overwhelmingly that they wish to remain unarmed.

A 2006 survey of 47,328 Police Federation members found 82% did not want officers to be routinely armed on duty, despite almost half saying their lives had been "in serious jeopardy" during the previous three years.

It is a position shared by the Police Superintendents' Association and the Association of Chief Police Officers.

The British public are not nearly so unanimous.

An ICM poll in April 2004 found 47% supported arming all police, compared with 48% against.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
Or maybe the cop would be dead now: 

BREAKING REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered “Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket” During Mike Brown Attack

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:00 AM

The Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
Found this assessment in thread:

I find it amazing how all our armchair firearms experts are debating the fine points of aiming, the number of shots, the placements, etc.

Just some practical info for all. When the human body goes under stress, the first thing to go is the fine motor skills. That means that your pinpoint aim is gone. That is why LEOs are trained to shoot center mass. They are also trained to shoot to stop the threat. That means if they are in fear for their life, they shoot until the threat stops. There is no such thing as shoot to wound. If you have a threat coming at you, you have maybe 1-3 seconds to decide what to do and the do it. If you are injured or in severe pain, the situation is even worse.

There is much ado about how many shots were fired. Whether it takes 2 45ACP rounds to the head, or 10 9mm rounds to the body, the officer will continue to shoot until the threat stops. His aim will be imprecise, and his adrenaline level will be astronomical.

A street situation of “do or die” is not anywhere near punching holes in paper at a range. I’m pretty damn accurate at a range, not so much under stress.

So while everyone second-guesses the officer, just imagine yourself in that situation. You have already been assaulted and wounded. The thug has tried to take your weapon, obviously not to turn it in for $50 at the local gun buy-back, and he is now charging, all 6’4” close to 300 pounds of him leaving not much question that he means you harm. So, do you count shots? How many are enough if he is still charging? Should you stop and ask if he’s done attacking you? That is why LEOs are trained to shoot center mass and shoot until the threat is stopped. You would do exactly the same

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3194892/posts

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM