{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: internet what to get  (Read 27289 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: internet what to get
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Does anyone have any accurate info on getting TOT WiNet in ? (ADSL is not an option where I am going to live)

Area is Amphoe Krasang near Lam Duan / Huai Samran.

WinNet by TOT is a very viable option from TOT. You will need to have TOT come out to your location to make sure of your signal. If a go its 7500 baht for set up and as low as 600 baht per month for 10 mb.

Hi Gotlost,

Do you have a link or something from TOT about that,please?

I went into TOT Buriram yesterday and they denied all knowledge of anything with that price.

I have been told that I need a tower. That is 17000 baht. Maybe it is the distance.

I am only 9kms from town so I would imagine that Mike in Lam Duan will need one too.

The only is site is Thai only. If you go to the TOT office for your area that will have the info and possible a set up. The TOT office I deal with in Prasat does. What your getting is a small sat dish the size of the red True dish. If you are within 10 km of a TOT tower you should be ok. You will be getting micro wave signal. We have numerous users in the outlying areas that are on this.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »
GL,

is it possible to post some pictures from this Setup ? and another question, do they install that dish on the "tower" they build near your house or is it just connected to your house as the (real) True Dish ?

Thanks and sorry for the many questions

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »
GL,

is it possible to post some pictures from this Setup ? and another question, do they install that dish on the "tower" they build near your house or is it just connected to your house as the (real) True Dish ?

Thanks and sorry for the many questions

The system I'm talking about is not a tower but a sat dish like True. Its Microwave and is mounted on your house just like True or CTH. The dish is pointed at the TOT tower. You need to be within 10 km of the tower. If you have a good signal you can get 20 mb. TOT will come out and check for a signal at your house. 7500 baht set up they install. As said you need to go to the TOT office. Info on the net sucks. Out in the open range of issan TOT does not like installing any more landlines for phones or the net and this is one option they offer. Understand that TOT and CAT are totally oversubscribed and under funded from past thieving governments and yes the junta know this and is working on combining the two. In a lot of Thailand TOT is the only viable option. I'm on a TOT land line at M&D and have a 10mb package. When it works its great but when it doesn't it sucks. Out house is about 3 km from the shop and if and when we move back to it I will go over to the system I'm describing.

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
Gotlost is 100% correct.I tried to get 3bbb a while back,they will do it.But told the wife we would need 20 people to sign up in the village and they would come and put a small tower in for the village....and everyone pays 699Baht a month for 20 gigabyte in downloads from memory.
But you know what? The wife couldn't get people to do it with us,the idiots just wanted to keep paying though the nose for True 3G...unbelievable.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
@Gotlost.

Thanks, but I have never seen that kind of a setup so that's why the request for a picture so I can show TOT Buriram (but I am expecting to hear Mai Mee ;) )

Is the dish branded TOT or ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
@Gotlost.

Thanks, but I have never seen that kind of a setup so that's why the request for a picture so I can show TOT Buriram (but I am expecting to hear Mai Mee ;) )

Is the dish branded TOT or ?

The dish in the Prasat office and the units I have seen due say TOT and are blue.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
Oke thanks for the pointers, much appreciated.

Ps: Last question (sorry)

Where is the TOT office in Prasat ? When driving to KCI, I will drop by and have a look.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »
Coming from Surin on the 214. About 200 meters past the first stop light on your left, new building. If yo have a GPS.:14.648156, 103.40667

Offline dennisbelcher

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 01:40:58 AM »
So from what I can gather from reading all the posts  about internet (ADSL), it depends on the following factors(correct me if I am wrong)
1.  Their is an existing cable (telephone/internet line) in your area. or;
2.  If not,  is there a tower in your locatlity,
3.  The purchase of satalite dish if no cable and there is a tower within range.
4,  What internet providers  service that area and what plan you choose (speed/download)
BUT firstly, going to a TOT office in your area, to see if anything IS in place initially (cable or satalite),
IF not, pricing to see which one is more viable or what they are prepared to do on a singularity (only one instalation)

I live in the Kamphaeng district, about 20klms from Kaset Wasai, can any one give me more information or correct my mistakes from above
Regards
Dennis B

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »
What about IpStar (Internet via Sat) is that still available ??

Has anyone seen this in their local TOT office ??

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 03, 2024, 07:53:28 PM

Re: House for sale Lamplaimat by Wayne from Aus
March 03, 2024, 05:27:57 AM

Re: Visa PRoblem by Gerry