{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: internet what to get  (Read 27314 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
internet what to get
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »
Hi i' am looking how and where to get normal internet. I have true now on the wifif stick and it sucks terribly. i wish to have a normal speed every day. Not when my package is finished to have to top it up again or have slow inetrnet for the rest of the month. I only know TOT to give this ( cable) but they have terrible service and it takes ages to get them  to instal my internet. is there any other way, without buying a very expensive satelite dish or installing a very very expensive antenna myself, wich is not working well on the rainy days, to get the same speed for the whole month, for one price per month?

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
Re: internet what to get
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
We are the only house in the village to have cable internet and it took about three months to get, not too sure how it was possible. Bandwidth is variable but most mornings I can watch films and European TV if I want.
TOT service in Buriram SUCKS, they won't even say SDK. If something goes wrong, it will be your fault. We were three weeks without connection after a thunderstorm, no reduction. Think about tea money and go with a Thai speaker to get stuff sorted out, come to think of it my wife knows a guy that works there.
฿631 / month + ฿2000.- installation and deposit. on the whole, worth it.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »
Not sure waht you are saying now. Is this TOT what y ou have? or another company?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:36:03 PM »
Have you tried 3BB?  They have an office in Big C back where they sell phones. 

There is another office in town, but I don't have a map handy to tell you how to get there. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
TOT are currently ahead of 3BB for coverage. I have been looking at upgrading. The best option for me, as I don't have a landline telephone, is the 17000 baht TOT tower. 3BB cannot get me a signal even though I am only 9km from town.

I know two guys who have a TOT tower and they say there have been no major problems.

They have suggested, however, to get the telephone number of the engineer when he comes to install. If there is a problem in the future you can contact him and he will come and look, for a "fee" of course, but that eliminates the wait. Also TOT will probably charge anyway.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:39:10 AM »
I have BBB which is very quick.........The local government office just up the road have TOT,at least twice a week they are here at Nookies using my wifi !........Why?? Regardless of the fact thay can drink & eat,it because of problems with THEIR Internet

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
Not sure waht you are saying now. Is this TOT what y ou have? or another company?
TOT of course

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 08:16:24 AM »
Right now I have TOT... It took about 2 months to get it.. They are very slow in getting the installations done... So far the service has been good.. Started off with the basic 10meg/.5meg service but the upload speed was too slow.. They seem to love to advertise one thing but rarely deliver the total package they advertise.. I only got 10meg on the download very rarely.. Speed was anywhere from 6-9meg.. Upload.. most of the time we did get .5meg but that was not adequate running Skype or any other video conferencing software.. Original price 631 per month.. Upgraded to the 13meg/1meg package for about 120 baht more a month.. Again, download is very variable and anywhere from 8-12.. Upload is quite a bit better.. Average is about .8meg.. That's enough for Skype.. We're doing OK here, for now, because the whole thing here, in our village, is new and there are very few of us online.. That will change as more people sign up and are added to the cable.  So far, I've had no problem with service from them.. Had a few minor problems and things were corrected within a day.. How long that lasts who knows.. Like everything else here in Thailand it all boils down to who you are dealing with.. Best advice you've already gotten and that's do everything through a thai.. My niece is the one who got us set up.. We do everything through her and she has no problem dealing with them.. If this works out I may try upgrading again to their 15meg/2meg service.. The old saying still holds true.. You get what you pay for.. The basic service is fine for just that... Basic internet.. Email.. If you want streaming video of video conferencing then you need their upgraded service.. The main problem with TOT is they've overcommitted themselves... Too many customers and not enough service techs or bandwidth..

Offline NongKi bloke

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:31 AM »
I'm at Dong Ejan, Ampoe Non Suwan and have TOT cable which was installed in 2 days by the office in Nung Rong, including install of the wifi router. It's quick enough for streaming sports. The time taken to install depends on how far they have to run the cable and if your village even has a node(box).

mxyzptlk

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »
I used to have a TOT ADSL connection and my contract was "up to" 6Mb. The installer told me it would be around 2-3 Mb in reality. This was OK at the time as I only wanted to browse the WWW and do email. However, it got gradually worse and the connection was dropping many times per day, leaving me offline. I tried to get 3BB installed (@ 3BB Nang Rong Office) but was told that my house was too far from the main road. Then I got the contact details from Nookie of the guy who installed his 3BB tower and got him to install at my house. I now have a very good service - 10Mb for 500 baht per month. Sometimes I get download speeds of just under 12Mb. I'm not bothered about upload speed as I don't use services which require a high upload speed.

Offline NongKi bloke

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
Dave, I'll talk with you and Paul about that next week, sounds good.

mxyzptlk

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »
Dave, I'll talk with you and Paul about that next week, sounds good.
OK Mate

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies....

Offline kerrs69

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
TOT are currently ahead of 3BB for coverage. I have been looking at upgrading. The best option for me, as I don't have a landline telephone, is the 17000 baht TOT tower. 3BB cannot get me a signal even though I am only 9km from town.

I know two guys who have a TOT tower and they say there have been no major problems.

They have suggested, however, to get the telephone number of the engineer when he comes to install. If there is a problem in the future you can contact him and he will come and look, for a "fee" of course, but that eliminates the wait. Also TOT will probably charge anyway.

Starman

Did you ever get this installed?Any details would be much appreciated

Thanks

Offline whufc

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »

Starman

Did you ever get this installed?Any details would be much appreciated

Thanks
Why not make up a group of about 10 people,that's what they did in the village where i live.
10 people and we only paid 5,000 Baht each all in,then it's 599 a month.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick