{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 68207 times)

mxyzptlk

Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2014, 09:35:12 AM »
This confirms an observation I made when I did my marriage extension on 11 December. There was an English guy trying to get a retirement extension and he was rejected because he didn't have the bank statements to back up his embassy income letter.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:08 AM »
This confirms an observation I made when I did my marriage extension on 11 December. There was an English guy trying to get a retirement extension and he was rejected because he didn't have the bank statements to back up his embassy income letter.

I'm seeing more reports from other immigration offices of this becoming standard.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »
This should be fun.  I planned on getting my yearly extension in the next 2 weeks but my TW told me to do it tomorrow as she wants us to go on holiday. 

So I went to posts 1 and 2 as a guide, took my saved files and modified them, then off to Bangkok Bank for a letter.  Was back home by 2 pm and package complete.  Now just need to see what curve balls KCI will give me.  Will provide an AAR (after action review). 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »
This should be fun.  I planned on getting my yearly extension in the next 2 weeks but my TW told me to do it tomorrow as she wants us to go on holiday. 

So I went to posts 1 and 2 as a guide, took my saved files and modified them, then off to Bangkok Bank for a letter.  Was back home by 2 pm and package complete.  Now just need to see what curve balls KCI will give me.  Will provide an AAR (after action review). 

Now we all know for certain who is the boss in your household!!!!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2015, 06:47:16 AM »
When was it ever in doubt?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »

To me it wasn't but to people that don't know you it was an unknown !!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2015, 06:24:20 PM »

To me it wasn't but to people that don't know you it was an unknown !!

They must live a sad and boring existance if they care/watch what I do.   

For me life is great, I have 4 women catering to me and my angel brings a smile to me everyday. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
Today was very frustrating, a lot was my own fault, but live and learn.   

1.  I got a letter from Bangkok bank and they updated my bank book, the last transaction was in December.  However, the letter explictly stated that I had that balance on 27 Jan.  Not acceptable, I had to go to Bangkok Bank (basically across the main road from KCI) and get my passbook updated, very easy, just used the update machine at express banking. 

2.  The agent was satisfied with that, stamped the new extension in my book and took the 1900 baht.  Then he did one last check of the paperwork.  He noticed that I did not have the money "seasoned" for 90 days, only 85.  He then said (even though my passport was already stamped with the new extension) they could not give me one.  I even showed him where the money was in a separate account at BB and transferred.  Did no good,   Ended up having the extension cancelled and they refunded my 1900 baht. 

3.  My actual extension ends 14 Feb, but my 90 day was due 1 Feb.  So had them do a 90 day and will return before 14 Feb.  Agent said I would be charged 500 baht a day for each day  late past the 14th (Sunday). 

4.  I have blank copies of 2 new forms, I will scan and attach them in the next day or so, updating the paperwork requirements for KCI. 

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »
Don't you have a service that helps others.?  Tut Tut   character3

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

I am not and never claimed to be a visa service (stated that several times in this thread).  What I have is an internet shop with top notch printers and copiers that can help put together the package.  What I am trying to do is capture the documents required such that members here can put together the package themselves (to include me).  Everytime I renew I capture the steps required as things change. 

In this past episode I obtained 2 new forms:

1.  Penalty form, acknowledging overstay penalties.

2.  Stay Application form, this form replaces the Form_acknow_con2stay.doc provided in post #1.   However, that old form is still on the Thailand Documents Online:  http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »

I am not and never claimed to be a visa service (stated that several times in this thread).  What I have is an internet shop with top notch printers and copiers that can help put together the package.  What I am trying to do is capture the documents required such that members here can put together the package themselves (to include me).  Everytime I renew I capture the steps required as things change. 

In this past episode I obtained 2 new forms:

1.  Penalty form, acknowledging overstay penalties.

2.  Stay Application form, this form replaces the Form_acknow_con2stay.doc provided in post #1.   However, that old form is still on the Thailand Documents Online:  http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Keep up the good work. party4 Speaking of which..

I have been on the phone with KCI over the past 2 hours. No body in KCI can speak english. I was finally contacted by an I/O from Nan Immigration on a three way conference call. In short I'm 98% sure you can do your extension 45 days early so you should have no problem with your 90 day report. As for 90 day mail in reports by post I'm getting a YES and a NO. Who the FCUK knows. screwy

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »
Despite the Curmudgeons on this forum I will continue to try to provide the retirement extension requirements. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2015, 08:34:36 AM »
Despite the Curmudgeons on this forum I will continue to try to provide the retirement extension requirements.

Just keep the Fritos in stock. party15

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »

So you do provide a service? There was no mention of "visa service" other than from you.

If you look clearly at Toffo's post he did also use the fishing smiley.

Looks like you are the catch of the day.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »
I've just fell off the chair..........can't see for crying..............Just why is it that Yanks seem to think there is one rule for them & another for everyone else!!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick