{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 69675 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 08:04:44 PM »
I would like to hear from any yanks that recently used a US income statement certified by the embassy for an extension. 

I would doubt that would be easily forged. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 08:09:53 PM »
The documents were not forged. The immigration official decided that they were.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »
The documents were not forged. The immigration official decided that they were.

Which goes in line with my earlier comment that a Brit income statement can easily be forged.  The stamp as I remember seeing is black, and no imprint on the paper. 

Which is why I am wondering how KCI treats US Embassy certifications?

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »
Starman

Did they not have a official receipt from their respective Embassies that they could have shown?

Were they not asked (like previously posted) to show bank passbooks to show funds coming into the country?

Seems the "new crew" are playing hardball  :-X

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »
As I said before Somnat, but some people seem to pick holes in, they had all the correct documentation.

The feeling seemed to be towards things that go on at other places, namely by the sea.

There was a sense of "it can be done for the right price". Nothing to do with the standard of the documents.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2014, 09:03:55 PM »

Went to KCI this morning. All went smoothly and first retirement extension granted. Thank you Keith (Urleft)  Pack was excellent. The only thing that appears to have been added is a further declaration form that states you understand the consequences, penalties for overstaying a visa.
I also applied for a multiple re-entry permit. Initially I was told that this could not be issued until my first 90 day report ( I was told in advance that this may be the case). However, at some point whilst processing the retirement visa this changed and multiple re-entry was issued today also.
Service was overall very good and friendly. Arrived at about 0845 and was glad I did. I was the 2nd customer and by the time I was all done (about 40 mins) the waiting area and entrance lobby were full.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 06:59:41 AM »

Went to KCI this morning. All went smoothly and first retirement extension granted. Thank you Keith (Urleft)  Pack was excellent. The only thing that appears to have been added is a further declaration form that states you understand the consequences, penalties for overstaying a visa.
I also applied for a multiple re-entry permit. Initially I was told that this could not be issued until my first 90 day report ( I was told in advance that this may be the case). However, at some point whilst processing the retirement visa this changed and multiple re-entry was issued today also.
Service was overall very good and friendly. Arrived at about 0845 and was glad I did. I was the 2nd customer and by the time I was all done (about 40 mins) the waiting area and entrance lobby were full.

Wow, 40 minutes for a 1st time extension (or renewal extension) is lightning fast.  Glad it worked for you.  congrats

GL, can you get a copy of that declaration, scan and post for us?  I checked the immigration docs on-line and didn't see it. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »

Wow, 40 minutes for a 1st time extension (or renewal extension) is lightning fast.  Glad it worked for you.  congrats

GL, can you get a copy of that declaration, scan and post for us?  I checked the immigration docs on-line and didn't see it.

For KC that is fast but lighting fast? i remember 20 minutes. You will not find that document your asking for on line as it changes from I/O to I/O.

Freddy  What was your income based on bank letter or income declaration from embassey?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:21:45 AM by gotlost »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2014, 07:28:55 AM »

For KC that is fast but lighting fast? i remember 20 minutes. You will not find that document your asking for on line as it changes from I/O to I/O.

Freddy  What was your income based on bank letter or income declaration from embassey?

When I did my first renewal it took an hour at KCI.  So 40 minutes for a first time retirement extention is lightning fast:

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,6415.msg38827.html#msg38827

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »

When I did my first renewal it took an hour at KCI.  So 40 minutes for a first time retirement extention is lightning fast:

Grease the  ::).

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,6415.msg38827.html#msg38827

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »
GL - income based on bank letter. I'm glad that I'm fortunate enough to be able to go this route and to confirm previousosts. Money had seasoned for 67 days so KCI seem to be consistently applying the 60 day rule for first time extension (90 thereafter).

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
GL - income based on bank letter. I'm glad that I'm fortunate enough to be able to go this route and to confirm previousosts. Money had seasoned for 67 days so KCI seem to be consistently applying the 60 day rule for first time extension (90 thereafter).

Thanks.

Offline bonghead

• Contributor with future
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
Did my 90 day report today, arrived at 10-20 am was out door 10-28 am,
then myself and g/f, had an excellent breakfast at M. D.Coffee. Thanks       bananadance

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »
Did my 90 day report today, arrived at 10-20 am was out door 10-28 am,
then myself and g/f, had an excellent breakfast at M. D.Coffee. Thanks       bananadance

Any time. More than welcome. wave1

Offline nomad97

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
Last week (19th December) I extended my visa for another year at KCI (based on retirement). I had obtained a letter from the British Embassy to confirm my monthly/annual income. I also obtained a bank statement for the year from the Bangkok Bank at a cost of 200 THB (3 to 4 working days). The 'big boss' at KCI personally processed my application.

When she saw the bank statement she asked, "How did you know we require the bank statement?  It's a relatively new requirement and some people have been upset when we have refused their application because they could not produce a bank statement or a copy of their bank book." So, there you have it, from the head immigration officer at KCI in person. If you are extending your visa based on a letter from from the British Embassy (or, I suspect, a Statutory Declaration from another embassy) KCI also require a bank statement for the year or a copy of your up-to-date bank book.

My application to extend my visa for another year was approved quickly and without any problems. 

Footnote:   'Urleft' stated earlier that "The stamp (on the letter from British Embassy) as I remember seeing is black, and no imprint on the paper."  For the sake of clarity, I can confirm that the stamp on the letter from the British Embassy is not an ink stamp. It is an imprint of the Embassy Crest - without ink.   

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick