{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies  (Read 68208 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
Beat me to it by 30 secs. Posted this message and got the warning " a new post has been made. Would you like to check before posting........

"I think you will find that the phrase "single entry permit" refers to the visa or extension itself.

If the OP is on an OA he has a year stamp, right? So if he wishes to leave and come back then he needs a Re entry permit.

A single entry "re entry" permit , for those on an existing visa or extension of stay, is only 1000 baht."

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/re-entry-permit-thailand.php"

You the man Urleft. Whoop whoop bravo1 bananadance redman

When the op goes over to his second part of his OA that part does not have a built end re entry permit only the first year. If he wants to exit Thailand and protect that 2nd part he needs to purchase either a single entry,1000 baht or a multi re entry permit, 3800 baht.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 12:24:31 AM »
Beat me to it by 30 secs. Posted this message and got the warning " a new post has been made. Would you like to check before posting........

"I think you will find that the phrase "single entry permit" refers to the visa or extension itself.

If the OP is on an OA he has a year stamp, right? So if he wishes to leave and come back then he needs a Re entry permit.

A single entry "re entry" permit , for those on an existing visa or extension of stay, is only 1000 baht."

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/re-entry-permit-thailand.php"

You the man Urleft. Whoop whoop bravo1 bananadance redman

Thanks for the Whoop Starman. 

However, what this highlights is the complexities of "visa" process.   What I was trying to do in this thread was capture the steps for the average Joe, and have an archived place I could refer for when my computer goes tango uniform and I lose a lot of my data (just happended on 13 May).   

When you deal with GVT's not only are there exceptions to everything, but there are impacted cases hidden from us "normal" people. 

Like with Voodoo, who would have thought that a Thai citizen's docs would be lost and she has to act like an expat instead of Thai Born person. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
When you get a new passport, immigration will need to transfer information prior to you getting a new extension. You will need to have:

•   Thai Form to change to new passport (attached)
•   Old Passport
•   Copies of All used pages
•   New Passport

There may be another requirement in having a letter from your GVT asking Thailand to change to the new passport.  I had one and added to the package, KCI kept it.   

This service is supposed to be free but KCI is charging 500 baht (no receipt provided).  This happened to me but I was warned by my Brit buddy that they did it to him. 

The Form is attached and can be filled in using word. 

Well what should have been obvious to me was not.  If you get a new passport, you need a new Thai translation.     

Finally hit me today as I am putting together a yellow book packet that my passport translation was for my old passport, not the new one. 

Yea, dumbass me, but something to think about when you get a new passport. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:59 AM »
When you get a new passport, immigration will need to transfer information prior to you getting a new extension. You will need to have:

•   Thai Form to change to new passport (attached)
•   Old Passport
•   New Passport

There may be another requirement in having a letter from your GVT asking Thailand to change to the new passport.  I had one and added to the package, KCI kept it.   

This service is supposed to be free but KCI is charging 500 baht (no receipt provided).  This happened to me but I was warned by my Brit buddy that they did it to him. 

The Form is attached and can be filled in using word. 

Well what should have been obvious to me was not.  If you get a new passport, you need a new Thai translation.     

Finally hit me today as I am putting together a yellow book packet that my passport translation was for my old passport, not the new one. 

Yea, dumbass me, but something to think about when you get a new passport.

Depends on the amphur, my amphur no.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
This morning I had the pleasure of spending an hour or so with Keith (Urleft) whilst he assisted me with the preparation of all the correct documents for my first retirement visa application. Not only is Keith a nice guy, je is also very organised and metticulos with the detail. Although the process is not that complicated it felt a little daunting to me being the first application. I now have a full pack ready to go and all correct docs saved to my flash drive for future use.
Keith, Excellent service, thank you. I'm sure others in a similar position would benefit from paying you a visit.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
This morning I had the pleasure of spending an hour or so with Keith (Urleft) whilst he assisted me with the preparation of all the correct documents for my first retirement visa application. Not only is Keith a nice guy, je is also very organised and metticulos with the detail. Although the process is not that complicated it felt a little daunting to me being the first application. I now have a full pack ready to go and all correct docs saved to my flash drive for future use.
Keith, Excellent service, thank you. I'm sure others in a similar position would benefit from paying you a visit.

If there was a "like" button, I would apply it to this post.

This is what the Farang community should be about.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »

Glad to help. 

But I want to be upfront to others that may want my help:

1.  I am not a visa service, never claim to be.  However, Freddy left with digital completed copies of the forms, next year should be a lot easier as just updates should be required. 

2.  I did charge him, but it was for printing, copying , scanning, computer time, etc, basically the services of my internet shop with top notch equipment.  Very minimal IMHO, easily less than 500 baht. 

3.  You can come in with completed forms for copying and printing, and get charged a lot less, one expat left with his package and less than 50 baht service fee. 

And Freddy can tell, I essentially followed posts 1 and 2 here.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:23:10 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
BTW, I know of at least 2 expats that use a visa service for their retirement extensions.  They pay over 10,000 Baht (plus the Thailand fees) to have it done, and have been paying this yearly. 

Now if you just have lots of money, probably worth the baht to save the hassle.  But the Retirement Exension is not that complicated, recommend you do it yourself, provided you can meet the income requirements. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »
I know quite a few who do not have the required funds & hence use 'an Agent' to obtain their extension renewals,cost has recently risen to 11,200 baht.

Offline Geordie Boy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
   I took a friend to renew his extension based on retirement to immigration yesterday and there has been a major addition to the documentation required.If you are using the 65K income route they now require, note REQUIRE, not request, in addition to a certified affidavid/statement of earnings from your embassy a bank statement or a copy of a Thai bank book showing that you have transfered/withdrawn sufficient funds to support yourself over the preceding 3 months prior to the date of your application.They justify this requirement by stating that "there are a lot of fake or forged embassy letters being produced, we need to be sure you are bringing funds into the coumtry".Several people were refused extensions yesterday with the simple phrase of "No bank statement, no extension, go away and get one"I was also informed this also applies to those using the income route for marriage extensions.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
   I took a friend to renew his extension based on retirement to immigration yesterday and there has been a major addition to the documentation required.If you are using the 65K income route they now require, note REQUIRE, not request, in addition to a certified affidavid/statement of earnings from your embassy a bank statement or a copy of a Thai bank book showing that you have transfered/withdrawn sufficient funds to support yourself over the preceding 3 months prior to the date of your application.They justify this requirement by stating that "there are a lot of fake or forged embassy letters being produced, we need to be sure you are bringing funds into the coumtry".Several people were refused extensions yesterday with the simple phrase of "No bank statement, no extension, go away and get one"I was also informed this also applies to those using the income route for marriage extensions.

Immigration has always had the right to ask for other documentation of income. This request/ requirement is not surprising.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »

I think it is unnecessary and inappropriate as not everyone's income passes through a Thai bank account.

The income has been proved and certified and they can check with the embassy. Asking for more information about that income is valid - asking to see a Thai bank book does not necessarily give the full picture.
Immigration has always had the right to ask for other documentation of income. This request/ requirement is not surprising.

Offline Geordie Boy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
They are not asking to see the full amount pass through a bank account either Thai or Farang, my friend simply printed out foreign atm withdrawals from his Norwegian Bank account.

They appeared more than happy with that info, extension issued, then beer of course.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
I've obtained income statements from the US Embassy twice, neither time did I have to prove what I wrote as my income.  The embassy just validated what I wrote.  However, the validation cost $50 and is a seal, not just a stamp, cannot easily be counterfeited. 

However, I know of an instance where a Brit used another Brit's embassy income statement and just photoshopped in his name.  This was accepted by immigration. 

So I can see why they want some backup data.  Also note as Nookie said that expats use agents to get around the income requirements. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Two guys last week, one Brit and one Aussie, refused extensions based on retirement. Both were using income method. Both had correct documents from home country embassies.

The reason given was that immigration believed them to be fake documents. Money was mentioned as was an immigration office near to the seaside.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM