{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: retirement visa extension  (Read 12206 times)

Offline tommynew

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
retirement visa extension
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
Does anybody know how many months Kap cheong require for money in bank to be "seasoned"

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: retirement visa extension
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
Does anybody know how many months Kap cheong require for money in bank to be "seasoned"

3 months unless it is your first extension application, then 2 months.

this is a bit wordy but covers everything:-

Updated June 2013
CHECKLIST FOR RETIREMENT EXTENSION This checklist summarizes the latest information we have on the documentation requirements by the Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration Office to extend your stay in Thailand on the basis of retirement (commonly referred to as a “retirement visa”).
NOTE: If you did not enter Thailand using a Non-Immigrant Visa – Click here for a checklist for getting a Non-Immigrant “O” Visa from Thai Immigration, which you will be need to get before doing the following steps for the extension of stay.
More detailed information on extending your stay can be found here. The following is the documentation required, but remember, the Immigration Office, at their discretion, can ask for more documentation - we do our best to keep this checklist up to date, if your experience indicates the list is not complete, please contact us at info@pattayacityexpatsclub.com.
1. Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom, TM.7 (click here for a blank copy: - Word version or PDF version). Be sure to complete and sign both the front and back of the form. NOTE: you can print in 2 pages or front & back – Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration accepts the 2 pages stapled together.
2. One photograph – 4cm x 6 cm (if needed there is a photo/copy shop next door to the Chonburi Immigration office that opens at 8am – Immigration opens at 8:30am)
3. Application fee of 1,900 Baht
4. Passport (original)
5. Photocopy of passport pages
a. Identity page(s) showing picture, name, and date issued, etc.
b. Page showing the original Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O” (if you renewed your passport since then, the page in new passport where Immigration transferred information from your previous passport will suffice)
c. Page(s) showing each subsequent one year extension, if applicable (see comment in b. above if you have changed passports)
d. Page showing the last entry stamp into Thailand (Note: a member reports that on his renewal in late August 2012, they wanted something new - a copy of the page with his entry stamp for his first entry on the original Non-Immigrant Visa (b. above)– if you are renewing, you may want to have a copy in case they ask for it).
6. Photocopy of Departure Card, TM.6 (the card is usually stapled in your passport upon arrival).
(continues on next page)
Updated June 2013
7. Documentation of Meeting Financial Requirements
a. If using 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or a combination of bank balance and monthly income:
i. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days – most obtain the day before applying).
1. If using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources:
a. First (Initial) Application - Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying.
b. Subsequent (renewal) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying.
2. Using a combination of income and bank balance, no time requirement on how long funds should have been in bank. The monthly income shown in the Embassy letter x 12 months added to the bank balance should total 800,000 Baht or more (remember, exchange rates fluctuate, Immigration uses the rate in effect on the date of application).
ii. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period if necessary – see i.1. above. NOTE: Have your original passbook with you in case the Immigration Officer wants to verify the photocopy.
b. IF you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, an original “Embassy Letter” from your country’s embassy attesting to your monthly income. The letter should not be more than 6 months old1. (Thai Immigration will use the exchange rate in effect on the date of application to convert the monthly income into Baht).
8. Evidence of your current address– if you rent, a photocopy of lease/rental agreement – if you own a condo, a photo copy of your house book or other evidence of ownership (although we have received some reports that this information was not requested, we have received far more reports that it was required – therefore we have included it in the checklist and suggest you have copies available as you are most likely to be asked for it).
REMEMBER to sign each photocopied page (this is your certification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original).

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »

3 months unless it is your first extension application, then 2 months.

this is a bit wordy but covers everything:-

Updated June 2013
CHECKLIST FOR RETIREMENT EXTENSION This checklist summarizes the latest information we have on the documentation requirements by the Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration Office to extend your stay in Thailand on the basis of retirement (commonly referred to as a “retirement visa”).
NOTE: If you did not enter Thailand using a Non-Immigrant Visa – Click here for a checklist for getting a Non-Immigrant “O” Visa from Thai Immigration, which you will be need to get before doing the following steps for the extension of stay.
More detailed information on extending your stay can be found here. The following is the documentation required, but remember, the Immigration Office, at their discretion, can ask for more documentation - we do our best to keep this checklist up to date, if your experience indicates the list is not complete, please contact us at info@pattayacityexpatsclub.com.
1. Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom, TM.7 (click here for a blank copy: - Word version or PDF version). Be sure to complete and sign both the front and back of the form. NOTE: you can print in 2 pages or front & back – Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration accepts the 2 pages stapled together.
2. One photograph – 4cm x 6 cm (if needed there is a photo/copy shop next door to the Chonburi Immigration office that opens at 8am – Immigration opens at 8:30am)
3. Application fee of 1,900 Baht
4. Passport (original)
5. Photocopy of passport pages
a. Identity page(s) showing picture, name, and date issued, etc.
b. Page showing the original Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O” (if you renewed your passport since then, the page in new passport where Immigration transferred information from your previous passport will suffice)
c. Page(s) showing each subsequent one year extension, if applicable (see comment in b. above if you have changed passports)
d. Page showing the last entry stamp into Thailand (Note: a member reports that on his renewal in late August 2012, they wanted something new - a copy of the page with his entry stamp for his first entry on the original Non-Immigrant Visa (b. above)– if you are renewing, you may want to have a copy in case they ask for it).
6. Photocopy of Departure Card, TM.6 (the card is usually stapled in your passport upon arrival).
(continues on next page)
Updated June 2013
7. Documentation of Meeting Financial Requirements
a. If using 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or a combination of bank balance and monthly income:
i. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days – most obtain the day before applying).
1. If using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources:
a. First (Initial) Application - Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying.
b. Subsequent (renewal) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying.
2. Using a combination of income and bank balance, no time requirement on how long funds should have been in bank. The monthly income shown in the Embassy letter x 12 months added to the bank balance should total 800,000 Baht or more (remember, exchange rates fluctuate, Immigration uses the rate in effect on the date of application).
ii. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period if necessary – see i.1. above. NOTE: Have your original passbook with you in case the Immigration Officer wants to verify the photocopy.
b. IF you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, an original “Embassy Letter” from your country’s embassy attesting to your monthly income. The letter should not be more than 6 months old1. (Thai Immigration will use the exchange rate in effect on the date of application to convert the monthly income into Baht).
8. Evidence of your current address– if you rent, a photocopy of lease/rental agreement – if you own a condo, a photo copy of your house book or other evidence of ownership (although we have received some reports that this information was not requested, we have received far more reports that it was required – therefore we have included it in the checklist and suggest you have copies available as you are most likely to be asked for it).
REMEMBER to sign each photocopied page (this is your certification that the photocopy is a true copy of the original).

KCI is now requiring 3 months even on the first go around. I know WTF but TIT.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:30:37 AM »
OR can be done for 13,000 baht with no 800,000 required in PTY.yOU HAVE TO GO IN PERSON.

Offline tommynew

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Thanks to all

Offline KhunG

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

For what it's worth, I think this is no longer the case.  I've visited Kap Choeng twice now, once for the documents for a vehicle purchase and driver's licenses, and this time for my retirement extension.  Both times they were wonderfully polite and helpful.

For my extension, I only had the money in an account about 70 days.  They were very apologetic, but were certain that 3 months were required.  I assured them that I had read on the immigration website that 60 days was all that was necessary for an initial application.  Finally they brought out the latest instructions and showed me the highlighted section (in Thai) that requires 3 months.  Two paragraphs below that was the initial application 60 day exemption. They looked it over, discussed it, highlighted that section and gave me my extension.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:42:58 PM by KhunG »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »

For what it's worth, I think this is no longer the case.  I've visited Kap Choeng twice now, once for the documents for a vehicle purchase and driver's licenses, and this time for my retirement extension.  Both times they were wonderfully polite and helpful.

For my extension, I only had the money in an account about 70 days.  They were very apologetic, but were certain that 3 months were required.  I assured them that I had read on the immigration website that 60 days was all that was necessary for an initial application.  Finally they brought out the latest instructions and showed me the highlighted section (in Thai) that requires 3 months.  Two paragraphs below that was the initial application 60 day exemption. They looked it over, discussed it, highlighted that section and gave me my extension.

Great to hear this.  party3 party3 Only took them 2.5 years.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
I hope this is the case as will save a trip back to Bangkok for my retirement extension as money won't have seasoned for 90 days by the time it is due.

On subject of retirement extension I have a question that someone may be able to help me with. Section 8 Proof of address :-  the house is in my wife's name so I don't have any utility bills addressed to me, or house book, or rental agreement etc. What do I use in place of this? I do have truck  insurance docs sent to my address in my name, bank docs showing address, inland revenue correspondence (could be translated) to this address and pension statements etc.......  So can show I recieve lots of mail here.

Alternatively, Is it an option to use certificate of residence from Buriram Police or presumably of KCI issued a certificate of residence they wouldn't then question the document they had issued ?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
I hope this is the case as will save a trip back to Bangkok for my retirement extension as money won't have seasoned for 90 days by the time it is due.

On subject of retirement extension I have a question that someone may be able to help me with. Section 8 Proof of address :-  the house is in my wife's name so I don't have any utility bills addressed to me, or house book, or rental agreement etc. What do I use in place of this? I do have truck  insurance docs sent to my address in my name, bank docs showing address, inland revenue correspondence (could be translated) to this address and pension statements etc.......  So can show I recieve lots of mail here.

Alternatively, Is it an option to use certificate of residence from Buriram Police or presumably of KCI issued a certificate of residence they wouldn't then question the document they had issued ?

Steve,

There is a decent summation here of what is needed: 

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7614.0.html

I make sure I have my wife with me and she brings her house book.  It has never been a issue in either KCI or Korat when I get an extention. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:27:37 AM »
Morning Keith. That's great, thank mate. I think I will give KCI a go once money seasoned for 60 days + and hope that they are applying the 60 day rule for first extension. I have PC but not organised printer and copier as yet so may be a customer at your place prior.
Have a good one.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:06:14 PM »
Morning Keith. That's great, thank mate. I think I will give KCI a go once money seasoned for 60 days + and hope that they are applying the 60 day rule for first extension. I have PC but not organised printer and copier as yet so may be a customer at your place prior.
Have a good one.

For proof of address, they just wanted my wife's ID card and House book, and she signed that I lived there.  For copies, we didn't have any, they just handed the stuff off to one of the helpers and they ran it upstairs and copied it for us.  As I said, they are a very friendly, helpful office.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Have a good one.

For proof of address, they just wanted my wife's ID card and House book, and she signed that I lived there.  For copies, we didn't have any, they just handed the stuff off to one of the helpers and they ran it upstairs and copied it for us.  As I said, they are a very friendly, helpful office.

I can cancel my last sentence above.  Now it's out across the street for copies, and new rules applied that are not to be found in Thai law.  Definitely under new management.

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 05:54:18 PM »
This is totally the problem out there at KCI. They are a kingdom until themselves and don't even know the rules (which were last changed back in August 29, 2014 I believe).

Going banked money (800K) for your VERY first yearly extension for being over 50 (called retirement) has ALWAYS had a 60 day seasoning period. Subsequent yearly extensions have a 3 month seasoning period.
Here's the thai version of the clause 2.22 of Police Order 327/2557 now in effect

Oh and here's the engrish translation of the above

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM