{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Beware of scam at Ford Buriram  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Bobbi

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Beware of scam at Ford Buriram
« on: August 17, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »
My wife spent over 8000 baht at Ford just because she is not a technical person, but a good buddhist and believes in the good in people.

Here is the story...

While I was out of country she wanted the car checked.
They told her the rear shock absorbers (both!?) are leaking oil and must be replaced. (If only she had called me... there isnt a single drop in our car port)
When she took the car back it felt "super hard. Can feel every stone". So she went back and they told her the front absorbers were dead now (both again!). From what I know dead shock absorbers make the car jump around and not feel like a racing car :(
Well... she went there again and got the front shocks replaced too.

So beware guys, the people at Ford are "not honest" as my brother in law phrased it.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Beware of scam at Ford Buriram
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
I have also had issues at Buriram Ford and will likely get my final service whilst under warranty done at Ford in Korat. Once out of warranty I'll go elsewhere. Very unimpressed with the service and repair standards and they outright lie about costs.
After buying our truck new from Ford we purchased a service package. Initially I was a flat 'No, I don't want it'. After the wife listened to the sales patter for an hour I allowed her to talk me into it being assured of a saving and that included all normal service items ....I.e. Oil change, oil filter change, air filter change, fuel filter change etc....
Long story short, left the truck for service, walked to Robinson and then the phone call came. Did I want my air and fuel filter changed? Cost Xtra, not in packet. Didn't save a baht and probably paid over.
Cheeky buggers then wanted me to pose for the 'Another Happy Ford Customer' photo. Most put out when I declined.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »
Nissan has always called us to ask about our experience when the car was serviced. After the great air conditioning service debacle ( a lot of time wasted, information varying from non existent to false), my wife let them know that when they called from Bangkok, she would not be giving a friendly report this time. For the first time, Bangkok didn't call! That sort of sounds like a scam in itself.
However I would buy a Nissan again, apparently people come from Korat to Buriram with their Nissans to get them serviced, one couple from Korat told a similar story to Bobby's, so there you go.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:56 PM »
They have no service at Buriram Nissan as far as I'm concerned. I have an older Nissan I purchased as a "family car" i.e. The whole family uses it and they don't touch my new Toyota!  Anyway when I wanted a new windshield washer pump they were able to source it from Bangkok. I needed a new air filter. Can get from Bangkok only 1100 baht. Told them no and got one locally for 180 baht. I asked if they could set the timing. No can. Why not it's so simple. Well no one in the shop has a timing light. I brouhlght one from America and did it myself. Needs new cap rotor plugs.  They want to sell me whole new distributor. Not that mine is bad but it is the only way to get new rotor. Needless to say I told them I would never buy from their shop if their service is at this standard!

Offline Bobbi

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »
So it looks like we need to acquire more knowledge about cars and do all ourselves ;)

Soon I'm not going to Ford anymore..

Where do you guys go for repairs, after guarantee services, etc?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 06:17:33 PM »
Mazda are excellent. I have never encountered a problem with their service.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
There is a new place on the 226. Heading out of Lam Plait Mat you take the right where the market stalls set up. Drive for about 6 or 7km. There's a new Big C Mini on the left and just before you get to the roundabout the place is on the right. I think it's called Motor World or Motor Land. I'll get the exact name and post the GPS coordinates next time I'm passing.
I haven't used it personally yet as my Ranger is under warranty for another year so I'm stuck with Ford. However I know 2 Farangs who have and they say that the quality of work and prices are both excellent. One of my friends has had a full service on a ranger and brake change. He also had 4 new Bridgestone tyres fitted. Price for tyres quoted in Buriram was 46,000. Price he paid was 26000 including balance and tracking.
The other guy has an Isuzu. Had wheel bearings and brakes changed.
Both have given glowing reports. The guy uses all genuine parts.
Apparently they also do Nitro fill for tyres. I think 300 baht for all 4. A really good thing to do in this climate.
I'm due tyre change in a few months and know where I'm going. Once my warranty is up will be going there for servicing also.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »
 jumping1

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 09:08:39 AM »
I've previously posted negatively regarding the Buriram Ford Service dept. I wouldn't have gone there again but as the truck is still under warranty I will stick with Ford until September.
Yesterday I had my truck serviced there and on this occasion the service was very good. Staff were efficient,mcomleted within stated timeframe and no cost surprises.
I have an intermittent fault with the passenger front electric window sticking in the down position. Switch was replaced under warranty and without any argument. In fact they actually volunteered the info that it was Nader the warranty without me even having to mention it.
I noticed that they were very busy. It's a large well equipped service area and all bays were full. Maybe they have got their act together.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick