{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Best Western Hotel Buriram  (Read 43710 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Best Western Hotel Buriram
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Got a pic of the homemade burgers?  Are there pickles, mustard, and cheese to go on them? 

Offline swissli78

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
@ urleft
Will upload food pictures tomorrow, pickles and mustard are available, as for the cheese, given the high cost of proper cheese here in thailand it is not possible to include this in a buffet at such a low price sorry for that. but as it is our goal to satisfy the culinary needs of our guests we surely can work something out (small extra cost for added cheese). until now no one has requested that there for we don't have a good cheese on stock, but i will organize some tomorrow and keep on stock if you decide to come by.

Offline bergmensch

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 02:44:55 PM »
sorry swissli78, but I miss the cheese but also????

(besonders den leckeren Schweizer!)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:54:01 PM by bergmensch »

Offline bergmensch

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »
View from the 4th floor

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »
Canon Ball into the pool at chow time.... :D

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
@ urleft
Will upload food pictures tomorrow, pickles and mustard are available, as for the cheese, given the high cost of proper cheese here in thailand it is not possible to include this in a buffet at such a low price sorry for that. but as it is our goal to satisfy the culinary needs of our guests we surely can work something out (small extra cost for added cheese). until now no one has requested that there for we don't have a good cheese on stock, but i will organize some tomorrow and keep on stock if you decide to come by.

Mustard and dill pickles work for me, I can take or leave the cheese unless it's rich cheddar or Jalapeno.   Just to clarify, are they real dill pickles or those cucumber slices?  I will bring my own dill pickles if necessary, especially for a good burger. 

Just talked to the boss and hopefully we can make it there in the next 2 weeks. 

Offline swissli78

• Contributor with future
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 09:55:04 AM »
The Pickles will be proper ones, not sliced, and of course homemade....
great looking forward to meet you here in the next 2 weeks.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »

Hopefully we are lined up to try the Buffet tonight.  Granny is happy to watch the baby, and I am working on my appetite. 

Should be there a little after 6. 

Keith

BTW, can I get Best Western points for paying for the buffet? 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

Hopefully we are lined up to try the Buffet tonight.  Granny is happy to watch the baby, and I am working on my appetite. 

Should be there a little after 6. 

Keith

BTW, can I get Best Western points for paying for the buffet? 

Not sure on that one, but they may not be pleased if you don't pay for it. buttslap

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »
Made it to the Buffet.  Nice looking layout and food, both western and Thai.  Overall the food was good to very good. 

For 5 of us, 3 adult 2 children (7 & 3) the bill came to just over 1000 baht (drinks 3 cokes and 2 waters).  No BW points earned, understand that you don't get points if you stay there also (I was a Best Western Gold Elite in the US, too much time on travel).

As this buffet is still new, I sure they are still learning and trying to figure out what works.  It was raining which put some stress on trying to do the outdoor BBQ and the overhangs were not adequate, I am sure they will figure something out.

However, one main reason I wanted to go was to get a hamburger.  In addtion they have a very good selection of hot dogs/sausage/brats.  But no buns for either.  Big let down for me.  The explanation was because it was a BBQ.  Maybe that is true (unless you are from the US where all outdoor BBQs that have hamburgers and hot dogs include buns).  However, the pickles were provided as promised.

The table setting included well made knives, forks and spoons, along with cloth napkins.  Can't recall having that anyplace in Buriram. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »
Keith there is more to life than living on Burgers & Hot Dogs!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 08:18:51 AM »
Paul,

There is more to life that having a Sunday afternoon bitchfest at your place. 

The thing about being in Buriram is that I have yet to have a 1st or ever 2nd class burger here.  I am working on making it myself, the dill pickles go a long way towards meeting my tastes. And believe it or not, I plan eventually to get some burgers from you.   

That being said, the high point of my day starts around sun up when the light of my life wakes up, mommy feeds her, then Daddy takes her out for a walk around the village, usually with her falling asleep on my arm.
Life (especially new life) is very good.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »
Paul,

There is more to life that having a Sunday afternoon bitchfest at your place. 

The thing about being in Buriram is that I have yet to have a 1st or ever 2nd class burger here.  I am working on making it myself, the dill pickles go a long way towards meeting my tastes. And believe it or not, I plan eventually to get some burgers from you.   

That being said, the high point of my day starts around sun up when the light of my life wakes up, mommy feeds her, then Daddy takes her out for a walk around the village, usually with her falling asleep on my arm.
Life (especially new life) is very good.

The photo of you and your daughter is fantastic, this is what life is about. Congratulations. As for the burger,IMHO all burgers in Thailand, some are worst than others. They all make a turd. Have never found a burger hear that would rate with the USA.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
My last visit to Thailand (early 2012), was able to obtain some very passable burgers from Ray when he had the place in Prakhon Chai. 

If memory serves, Nookie was also able to supply that same product.  Other than that one version, all others were poor excuses for hockey pucks - or worse. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »
Thanks GL, I am truely blessed. 

And while people have said now the fun starts with the crying and such in the middle of the night.  Yes it is fun.  I am retired (before I planned) and don't has a set schedule or routine.  So if she wakes up at 2 am, no problem, I don't have to get up and go to work the next day.  And to make it even better, there are at least 4 adult females here hovering over the baby and me, I have yet to change a diaper (and hope to continue to avoid). 

As far as burgers, I think Bamboo serves about he best, a touch pricey.  However, they don't have good dill pickles. 

I now have the pickles, I see what looks like halfway decent hambuger buns at Big C and Makro, so will order some burgers from Nookie sometime.  I am working on getting a good grill instead of that POS I have so I can make some. 

That's the other part of being retired, you need to have something to do, so my current pickle project is fun.  But have more to do on it as I am trying to grow Amercian Dill and pickling cucumbers instead of the local Thai products.  Luckily I am doing this for my benefit as it is unlikely I will every recup my investments. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick