{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Best vet in Buriram? + Where can I buy Frontline?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Mitch Iwichiwa

• Contributor with future
Best vet in Buriram? + Where can I buy Frontline?
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings about veterinarians in Buriram?

Also, where can I buy Frontline in Buriram?

Thank you for any info.

Mitch

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Best vet in Buriram? + Where can I buy Frontline?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
Don't know about frontline. 

Have been satisifed with the vet on the NE corner of Tanee and Bulamduan roads near the bus station, he opens around 6 pm.   However, our small dog got a broke leg and he sent us to the Animal Hospital.

From the Vet go east on Tannee just past the next light (Inchannarong Rd) and it is the 2nd business on the right opens at 8am.  They have a X ray there and provide immediate pictures.  While we were waited my TG noted they boarded dogs so we just left the mutt with them for the night and picked him up the next morning. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
Again, not sure about frontline, but the place we go to that has the most supplies is right near the train station. 

Go like you are going to drop someone off at the train station, take an immediate right (road is not on BE map, and is north of Lukmuang Rd), go east about 50 meters and you will see the dog cages on the right.  There are 3 pet stores there all together. 

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:29:05 PM »
Again, not sure about frontline, but the place we go to that has the most supplies is right near the train station. 

Go like you are going to drop someone off at the train station, take an immediate right (road is not on BE map, and is north of Lukmuang Rd), go east about 50 meters and you will see the dog cages on the right.  There are 3 pet stores there all together. 

yes, they have Frontline.

Offline Mitch Iwichiwa

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
Thanks!

chokchai

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
Vet on 218 coming from town 300 metres from BIG C same side. Got a big cartoon picture of a bull dog and is just passed Maxxis Tryres thumbup

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »

yes, they have Frontline.

Mitch
 Cannot speak about availablility but I used Frontline on my dogs and the Thai alternative that comes in little glass contaners. Its lots cheaper and works just as good. You might want to try both??

Offline JimNasium

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:24 AM »
I bought Frontline from the vet just up from Bamboo towards the train station on the left.

Offline Mitch Iwichiwa

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »
You might want to try both

Thanks Nobby, yeah, I've seen several others out there.  I tried one before, and that particular one did not keep the bugs off like Frontline.  After that, I went back to Frontline.  Also, since the safety of even Frontline to the dog is always a bit of a question mark anyway, I don't really feel comfortable using a knockoff (probably made in Thailand or China) of what's sort of a medical product.  The ingredients were not the same on the label I had.  And of course the makers will be no where to be found if monthly exposure to their "same-same" magic mix turns out to cause cancer.  There might be decent alternatives out there, though.

At the risk of sounding like a L'Oreal hair color commercial, my feeling is, the doggies are worth it. runningdog  But everyone's different.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:58:33 PM by Mitch Iwichiwa »

Offline Mitch Iwichiwa

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
Would just like to return to this thread and say that during the past year here in Buriram I have had very good experiences with Buriram Animal Hospital.  Both for routine care and also surgeries and emergencies.  The husband and wife (I think?) who run BAH are competent, careful, friendly, and approachable.  I feel welcome discussing things with them, and they listen to and value the firsthand information I bring about my own dogs.  Good people, good care of my dogs.  Occasionally when BAH has been closed (which doesn't happen often) I have had to go elsewhere, and frankly my jaw has dropped more than once.  As in god I never want to set foot in there again.  Just my experience and opinion.  People are different.  Your mileage may vary.  But I'm glad Buriram Animal Hospital is here.  The location is in town right on Tanee Road, between the train station and the bus station.  It's near a very large rooftop navy blue "American Standard" (ceramics) sign that you can't miss going in either direction.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:14:38 PM by Mitch Iwichiwa »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM