{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 4 Lanes, better roads around Buriram  (Read 45425 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: 4 Lanes, better roads around Buriram
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 11:47:34 PM »
A lot  quicker the other road especially if coming from your home Keith..  Go past Theera school, turn left at traffics lights and then right turn signposted Surin.. Probably 5-10 minutes quicker.. Enough for a coffee :-)

Huh?   

It is actually quicker to turn left at the school and get to the road to Surin, but it depends on traffic and construction.   

However 2 weeks ago I took the by-pass south from Topps to 214, I had to go south and then U turn north.  What is required today I do not know, hopefully someone can provide the today's truth.   

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 06:09:05 AM »
Where are you trying to get to? The 214 is the Surin to Roi et road.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 06:41:58 AM »
Probably should  have stated what part of Surin. Roiet to Chong Chom.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »
Just did a Korat run, while no construction is going on a lot has been done.  It is down to about 44 KM of 2 lane on 226.  They completely 4 laned the last stretch into Korat so that is one less area.  And I'm not sure but it apprears that a by-pass is being made on the east side between 2, 226, and probably to 224; but I would guestimate 2 more years for that.

And a lot is being done between Nang Rong and Buriram, except last time I checked it seemed there will still be a 10 KM stretch of 2 lane just north of Nang Rong. 

219 to the Airport has construction, but will still have about 8 km of 2 lane left. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »
When you say "North of Nang Rong" do you mean north of the junction between 24 and 218?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »
Yes, just north of that junction is 4 lane, when those lanes narrow to 2 there was no visible construction for about 10 km when I went through a few weeks ago.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »
That may have something to do with politics.

Maybe the powers that be in Buriram are reluctant to go ahead as that part of road is in Nang Rong. There is still the possiblity that NangRong and some surrounding areas will be made into a province.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »
I was traveling back from Korat on a two lane and encountered one of my pet peeves, a slow moving vehicle hugging the center line making it very difficult to see on-coming traffic to safely pass.   And I got to thinking how I did not recall encountering that particular issue in the US, I did a lot of driving in the 80's to the extent I bought an over powered car to be able to pass people while going uphill. 

Then I realized in the US people drive in the center of their lane, they do it so much ruts develop where tires ride.  The center of the lane is known for collecting oil deposits (dangerous for motorcyclists when raining after a dry spell).  There is no such consistency here, people drive on all parts of the lane (including coming the wrong way). 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 10:20:03 PM »
Just did the Nang Rong to Buriram run.  The 4 laning is progressing, but as mentioned before it appears that about 10 KM will remain 2 lane for a while, no construction seen from where the 4 lane ends north of Nang Rong for about 10 KM. 

What was interesting is that the about 5 KM of new 4 lane just before where the Buriram 4 lane ended has median lighting.   Why is that?  It is not an extension from Buriram as there is no lighting there.   It is mostly open road.  I bet land prices there are skyrocketing. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:29:04 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 10:28:14 PM »
Also of interest is that the 2 lane death traps on 304 have major construction to fix.  It appeared to me that the southern 3 KM route will disappear within the next 6 months if not sooner. 

On the northern 2 lane stretch it will be greatly decreased if not eliminated within the next year.  However there were areas that had no visible construction. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 11:54:31 AM »
Also of interest is that the 2 lane death traps on 304 have major construction to fix.  It appeared to me that the southern 3 KM route will disappear within the next 6 months if not sooner. 

On the northern 2 lane stretch it will be greatly decreased if not eliminated within the next year.  However there were areas that had no visible construction. 

Well I got that wrong on decreasing or eliminating, it may have even expanded.  Construction on 304 is still going, and probably for at least the rest of the year.  They have opened some new road portions for driving, but it is still 2 lane.  Very little passing lanes also. 

Also looks like they are building tunnels at the south part, unsure why.   

Then to make it more fun they are re-paving the road a little south of that for more backed up traffic.  On the way back I took the Sa Kaeo route that has about 100 km of 2 lane, but a lot less traffic. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
Update:

From Buriram to Satuk. 

From the intersection of 219 and 188, it is 4 lane for about 8 km, then goes to 2 lane until the Buriram Airport.  But then 4 lane all the way to the river. 

Our Satuk BM can probably provide exactly how much 2 lane is there. 

Don't bank on it, I only drive it not measure it!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Good, so my guesstimate stands, which I would put at 15 KM of 2 lane.   

Went the Buriram airport this morning, very little 2 lane left. 

- .7 KM 2 lane a little past Ban Dan, but they are clearing the area obviously going to make 4 lane
- Then another stretch of 1.3 KM further up at a curve, did not see any signs of making  4 lane. 

So by then end of the year (probably June) there will only be about a kilometer of 2 lane on the way to Satuk.  Things are moving slowly.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

Well I got that wrong on decreasing or eliminating, it may have even expanded.  Construction on 304 is still going, and probably for at least the rest of the year.  They have opened some new road portions for driving, but it is still 2 lane.  Very little passing lanes also. 

Also looks like they are building tunnels at the south part, unsure why.   

Then to make it more fun they are re-paving the road a little south of that for more backed up traffic.  On the way back I took the Sa Kaeo route that has about 100 km of 2 lane, but a lot less traffic.

Question please, when going to Pattaya / Chonburi would you advise going via the 304 or via Sa Kaeo because of these Roadworks ??

Thx

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 04:13:10 PM »

I drove on 304 going to Patts, the traffic was moderate on a Sunday, there is about 15 KM of 2 lane thru the mountain, very rough road and a lot of places no passing possible.  But it eventually evens out so going south I would still consider 304.  However, another factor to consider is that there were 6 police checkpoints between Nang Rong and Kabin Buri (did not encounter any the rest of the way). 

However, as I past Kabin Buri the North bound lane was being resurfaced and that traffic was backed up for over a kilometer.  With that in mind I would opt for coming back via Sa Kaeo.  The traffic on 33 was very light and fast moving on a Wednesday, but maybe 5 km of road work.  And in reality there is only about  3 KM stretch once you hit 2 lane where you can't pass.  There was 1 or 2 police checkpoints (looking for registration) and 2 Army checkpoints. 

If the Kabin Buri resurfacing moves southbound I would recommend Sa Kaeo (not sure how you would find out).

And another FYI, if you take 3420 to 36 to 7 just North of Patts, once you get on 7 you have to stop at a toll booth and get a coupon, however, at the final toll booth the cost was zero. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »

I drove on 304 going to Patts, the traffic was moderate on a Sunday, there is about 15 KM of 2 lane thru the mountain, very rough road and a lot of places no passing possible.  But it eventually evens out so going south I would still consider 304.  However, another factor to consider is that there were 6 police checkpoints between Nang Rong and Kabin Buri (did not encounter any the rest of the way). 

However, as I past Kabin Buri the North bound lane was being resurfaced and that traffic was backed up for over a kilometer.  With that in mind I would opt for coming back via Sa Kaeo.  The traffic on 33 was very light and fast moving on a Wednesday, but maybe 5 km of road work.  And in reality there is only about  3 KM stretch once you hit 2 lane where you can't pass.  There was 1 or 2 police checkpoints (looking for registration) and 2 Army checkpoints. 

If the Kabin Buri resurfacing moves southbound I would recommend Sa Kaeo (not sure how you would find out).

Perfect, very much appreciated !

Doesn't Nookie drive that stretch regularly, maybe he can keep us up to date ??

And another FYI, if you take 3420 to 36 to 7 just North of Patts, once you get on 7 you have to stop at a toll booth and get a coupon, however, at the final toll booth the cost was zero.

Thx, yes that was something I wanted to know since the toll booths opened. What about the toll booths on the way back ? Same same ?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick