{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 4 Lanes, better roads around Buriram  (Read 45533 times)

Offline nanglong218

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 4 Lanes, better roads around Buriram
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »
Starman, I cannot agree with you that 4 lanes are less safe than two. I drive to Buriram @90 kph with no stress. The first 10km to Nang Rong I spend looking in the mirror for the loony with the big SUV, 6 foot from my arse, in hock to the bank for 7 years to buy this monster so everyone knows he's a man.

In the UK we called this "small penis syndrome", perhaps we should call it average penis syndrome here.                                           

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2018, 05:13:22 PM »
Starman, I cannot agree with you that 4 lanes are less safe than two. I drive to Buriram @90 kph with no stress. The first 10km to Nang Rong I spend looking in the mirror for the loony with the big SUV, 6 foot from my arse, in hock to the bank for 7 years to buy this monster so everyone knows he's a man.

In the UK we called this "small penis syndrome", perhaps we should call it average penis syndrome here.                                           

Indeed at 90kmh there is no stress. But, like I said, many people look at the big wide road and go a lot faster. I have seen people driving past the end of our road, and subsequently past my daughter's school, at speeds well in excess of 120. That did not happen when the road was only 2 lanes.

Waiting to turn right into our  village the cars,trucks, lorries and like are often coming down the road 3 a breast with the outside car doing a great speed on my side of the road. This did not happen when the road was only 2 lanes.

Offline nanglong218

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »
The Thais have no monopoly on lunacy. When i arrived in Australia I was shocked by the lack of lane discipline.  Slow cars in the fast lane which is close to a hanging offence in UK where undertaking is a serious offence.  Different standards apply.
What really scared me ten years ago was a bus slowly overtaking a truck with another coming ever closer in the opposite direction.  Give me 4 lanes.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »
What I believe is being missed is that the amount of cars of the road in the past 15 years has probably increased 10 fold (or more).  More vehicles = more road problems, especially when limited to 2 lane roads. 

For example in 2010 we bought a Ford Ranger, I would guess then that maybe 1 out of 20 trucks would be a Ford.  Now it is probably closer to 1 out of 3. 

And Bangkok traffic has increased to point of constant gridlock, used to be able drive there during the day, not now. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 08:35:57 PM »
What I believe is being missed is that the amount of cars of the road in the past 15 years has probably increased 10 fold (or more).  More vehicles = more road problems, especially when limited to 2 lane roads. 

For example in 2010 we bought a Ford Ranger, I would guess then that maybe 1 out of 20 trucks would be a Ford.  Now it is probably closer to 1 out of 3. 

And Bangkok traffic has increased to point of constant gridlock, used to be able drive there during the day, not now. 

Just about doubled.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:39:02 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »

Not even doubled.

And as usual not a reference to backup your statement.  Prove it. 

Oops, looks like there is "
"Not even doubled" vs "Just about doubled"   
More double speech? 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:53:51 PM by urleft »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »

Not even doubled.

More double speech? 

Sorry about that. I got my sums wrong first time.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-now-has-more-than-37-million-registered-cars/

Figures for 2017 not release yet but about 2.5m produced, but no sales figures.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:37:20 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »

Not even doubled.

More double speech? 

Sorry about that. I got my sums wrong first time.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-now-has-more-than-37-million-registered-cars/

Figures for 2017 not release yet but about 2.5m produced, but no sales figures.

For once we fully agree, you are sorry. 

However, I fail to understand your graph. 

1.  How many vehicles were registered in Thailand in 2003?   

2.  How Many vehicles are now registered in Thailand in 2018?   (no, not new vehicles registered, total vehicles). 

Your reference fails to address that question.  According to you it is less than double. 

BTW I fully realize that being British you do not understand the English Language.  So your statement: 

"Not even doubled"  means less than twice.   

and your statement:   

"Just about doubled"   also means less than twice. 

So you made two statements that mean the same thing.  What exactly are you trying to say? 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:01:20 PM by urleft »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »

Not even doubled.

More double speech? 

For once we fully agree, you are sorry. 

However, I fail to understand your graph. 

1.  How many vehicles were registered in Thailand in 2003?   

2.  How Many vehicles are now registered in Thailand in 2018?   (no, not new vehicles registered, total vehicles). 

Your reference fails to address that question.  According to you it is less than double. 

BTW I fully realize that being British you do not understand the English Language.  So your statement: 

"Not even doubled"  means less than twice.   

and your statement:   

"Just about doubled"   also means less than twice. 

So you made two statements that mean the same thing.  What exactly are you trying to say? 

Not even doubled means less. Just about doubled means more. It is not my fault that you cannot read graphs. 2001 is clearly noted as is 2004. I would guess that 2003 will be the column just to the left of 2004.That shows 25 million. 2016 was 37 million. 2017 the production level was at about 2.5 million.

So ( are you sitting comfortably). 37m (approx) + 2.5m (approx) is 39.5 million. That is not even double the 25m total vehicles in 2003. If you look at "cars" which is what you actually said, so not including motorcycles, the figures are about 7m in 2003 compared to 15m (approx) in 2017. Just about double.

Cannot have figures for 2108 as we are only in the 4th month.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 10:56:19 PM »
OK,

How may total cars (not just new registered) were registered in Thailand in 2003?

And how many total cars (not just new registered) are now registered in 2018? 

I cannot gather that data from your graph or reference. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:01:27 PM by urleft »

Offline nanglong218

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:07 PM »
Yawn.... I'm still wondering how many angels can dance on a pinhead.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
Yawn.... I'm still wondering how many angels can dance on a pinhead.

:biggrin:

Offline nanglong218

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
You and I must meet for a drink sometime. Holy water of course.

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2018, 05:02:27 AM »
Of the registered cars, how many have been repossessed and how many are "parked" outside of police stations in bits?

Some people are very pedantic and seem to have too much time on their hands!!

Bottom line, drive carefully boys, there are a lot of idiots out there.

Offline vpi78

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:28 AM »
Anyone that has driven on 2-lane roads in Thailand during sugar cane harvesting season, especially in northern Isaan, would laugh at the proposition that 2-lane roads are 'safer.'

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick