{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New water park to open  (Read 25226 times)

Offline zzzozzz

• Contributor with future
Re: New water park to open
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 05:02:03 AM »
We did check out the play waterpark,  very small but nice place for kids.
Agreed, The wife and I spent a very pleasant afternoon there on Sunday,with some younger kids
from the family. The place is really clean and well maintained. The pool boys where changing the filters
on the hour. Food was available, and so was my Leo. And plenty of places to sit in the shade.
OK it's not in the big league as far as water parks go, but perfect for the younger kids.

Du all guests still have to wear swimhoods ?

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 06:33:12 AM »

Agreed, The wife and I spent a very pleasant afternoon there on Sunday,with some younger kids
from the family. The place is really clean and well maintained. The pool boys where changing the filters
on the hour. Food was available, and so was my Leo. And plenty of places to sit in the shade.
OK it's not in the big league as far as water parks go, but perfect for the younger kids.

[/quote] Du all guests still have to wear swimhoods ?

Yes
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:35:21 AM by mahdam »

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »
Went this morning, the kids loved it, Only a few niggles about invisible underwater steps and a slippery ladder. I couldn't find a signpost on the main road, but that's always my fault. Bloody great iron rods sticking out of the ground in the parking space, I was going to get a few scratches fixed anyway.

Offline Westlife

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
I read on one of the local forums that the water park is charging adult non-swimmers the same entrance fee as swimmer.

Parents or other adults (not swimming) wishing to supervise their young children are required to pay the same admission price of 80baht as those swimming.!!!

Makes the price of a Leo whilst waiting very expensive!

Many disgruntled parents there yesterday, waiting outside, who flatly refused to pay just to go in and watch their kids swim!

I think he should have put on his trunks and joined in on the fun. :biggrin:

In the past I have taken my children loads of time to the cinema to watch a movie I didn't  wanted to see, could you imagine the cashiers face if I had said I'm not paying as I don't wont to watch the movie,I've only come as my children want to see the film. :biggrin:

There's some right old tight buggers out there

Offline zzzozzz

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
Last summer my wife and kids went for a swim. We brougt our own swimsuits, but werent allowed. Had to rent. We also had to rent hoods. I kind of lost my mood but accepted it. THEN they asked for id. We said we only had passports,but werent comfortable giving them out for the staff to keep during our stay. Policy  they said. We left !   

Offline davureborn

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 05:07:41 PM »
Yeah, sit in the car with the air conditioning running while your kids are being molested by filthy Farang, drowning etc. I was the only adult sitting in the pool and I had a horde of kids playing with us (well, up to 5). Playing with kids doesn't seem to be a part of the Thai way of life.
Did I see you, Mr. Western Life?

Offline davureborn

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
Last summer my wife and kids went for a swim. We brougt our own swimsuits, but werent allowed. Had to rent. We also had to rent hoods. I kind of lost my mood but accepted it. THEN they asked for id. We said we only had passports,but werent comfortable giving them out for the staff to keep during our stay. Policy  they said. We left !

Yup, my wife gave them her ID, I guess my driving license would do it. I worked as a life guard for three years (BAAAD job!) and know about all the stuff that customers try to get up to, but taking your ID for the case that you don't return the swimming caps, deposit ฿10.- is ridiculous. They don't make you rent their swim suits now, I guess they are learning about customer service.
I don't know where you can buy in Buriram, not BigC, we went there beforehand.  A decent swimming pool doesn't have problems with hair clogging the filters, especially as, as was mentioned before, the filters are changed regularly, which I saw. I will next time go and see the water treatment installation, I really wonder what system they are using as I hardly smelled chlorine, and other systems really need you to go on a refresher course every year or so as well as a lot of technical knowledge.
I would have been fired from my job if I had clothed myself like the life guard in my picture.
I sound a bit pedantic but I assure you that sitting at a depressed coffee table at 9am after everybody had read a report about someone drowning in a pool somewhere in Switzerland over the weekend really changes your view on life.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
There's a large sports store directly west across the street from the Chinese School that sells swim suits and caps.  Got this suit for my Angel, specifically for the cap when we go to the water park. 

BTW, they haven't make me wear a cap. 

Offline Westlife

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »
Did I see you, Mr. Western Life?

No I haven't been to Siriya park.

I go for a swim at my local pool.

https://www.facebook.com/websanom/posts/793425904085088?pnref=story

80 baht for Adults and 60 baht for children and it has NO slides , so Siriya Park seems a good deal for those that live in the Prakhonchai area in comparison  :)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »

Yup, my wife gave them her ID, I guess my driving license would do it. I worked as a life guard for three years (BAAAD job!) and know about all the stuff that customers try to get up to, but taking your ID for the case that you don't return the swimming caps, deposit ฿10.- is ridiculous. They don't make you rent their swim suits now, I guess they are learning about customer service.
I don't know where you can buy in Buriram, not BigC, we went there beforehand.  A decent swimming pool doesn't have problems with hair clogging the filters, especially as, as was mentioned before, the filters are changed regularly, which I saw. I will next time go and see the water treatment installation, I really wonder what system they are using as I hardly smelled chlorine, and other systems really need you to go on a refresher course every year or so as well as a lot of technical knowledge.
I would have been fired from my job if I had clothed myself like the life guard in my picture.
I sound a bit pedantic but I assure you that sitting at a depressed coffee table at 9am after everybody had read a report about someone drowning in a pool somewhere in Switzerland over the weekend really changes your view on life.

A clean pool will not smell of chlorine. The smell is the reaction with germs. A pool smelling of "chlorine" should be avoided.

Offline Westlife

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »
A clean pool will not smell of chlorine. The smell is the reaction with germs. A pool smelling of "chlorine" should be avoided.

When I had my swimming pool I used Hydrogen Peroxide as a treatment and it had no smell what so ever but it is more suited for smallish pools with minimal usage .

http://www.spectralightuv.com/hydrogen-peroxide-pools.html

When I had Pool Parties you would believe the amount of Thai Girls hair that came out when back-flushing the filter the day after.I understand why some pools make customers wear caps 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:50:26 PM by Westlife »

Offline davureborn

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »

Thanks. I used the word smell. I did mention that I worked as a lifeguard for a few years, which included quite a few highly technical and highly boring qualifications on the way. I know what a well run pool smells like, feels like, tastes like, looks like. It is very difficult to keep a pool in balance, and I had experience with an olympic size pool and do know a little about it. You are 'reacting with germs' all the time and a particularly busy weekend may result in a Monday bloody morning at 01.00 bloody am decision about whether to go for a shock treatment or to recycle the water in the pool. Kids are 'doing things' into a pool all the time, and I know that I myself also 'did things' into the pool when, for example, when I was  going through a one hour endurance test. I peed, I sweated, I spat.
 I am not saying that a pool should smell of chlorine, (Chloramines) I am suggesting that it is a bit suspicious when you can't trace the use of chlorine, especially in Thailand. That's why I said that I would check which system they were using, maybe they have ozone... etc filters/treatment systems. Good for them.
No reason to suspect that this place is a health hazard. I do know that we certainly took a shower before leaving and again when we got home, and I am far from being obsessed with hygiene.
The fact that the lifeguard as shown in my foto is not equipped for rapid intervention in case of need does lead me to think that he doesn't know what the f*** he's doing, so why should I think that the pool system is running as it should be?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:41:32 PM by davureborn »

Offline zzzozzz

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »
There's a large sports store directly west across the street from the Chinese School that sells swim suits and caps.  Got this suit for my Angel, specifically for the cap when we go to the water park. 

So i guess they still demand id /passport to keep at a deposit ?

Offline davureborn

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »

So i guess they still demand id /passport to keep at a deposit ?

yup.

Offline Westlife

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Here's a You Tube so anyone thinking of going can see what it's like  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnlZU_AM5kM

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM