{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Shooting in Las Vegas  (Read 21264 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Shooting in Las Vegas
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
I just love certain posters on this forum.. :D

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
So he owned something like 49 automatic and semi automatic weapons - legally. Why would one man need all of those weapons?

Are the groundhogs that dangerous?

Shocking and indefensible.
100% mate,,,,,but there are some "blockheads" on this forum who will still make lame excuses for this prick.But they have kept their heads low up until now!!

Hey nookie. Your 100% correct.  bravo1 Just not on this forum but others. :o

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »
This is from a right wing rag in the USA.  The Washington Times has always been pro GOP and pro Trump.

Trump?s voter base on the line with talk about gun control ?as time goes by?

Asked by reporters if the mass shooting at an outdoor concert Sunday night would prompt him to consider gun control legislation, President Trump said, ?We have a tragedy. We?ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by.? (Associated Press) more >
Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Updated: 10:04 p.m. on Tuesday, October 3, 2017
President Trump said Tuesday that his administration will weigh gun laws in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, a move that advisers say would shock and disappoint core supporters like no other action of his presidency.

Mr. Trump was asked by reporters if the mass shooting at an outdoor concert that left at least 58 dead, plus the gunman, and nearly 530 injured ? the worst in modern U.S. history ? would prompt him to consider gun control legislation.

?We have a tragedy,? Mr. Trump said at the White House. ?We?ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by.?

Pressed by reporters later Tuesday, the president said of engaging in a gun control debate, ?At some point, perhaps that will come. But that?s not for now; that?s for a later time.?

Asked whether he believed the gunman should have been allowed to own the high-powered arsenal, Mr. Trump said, ?We?ll talk about that on a later date.?

As the president prepared to visit Las Vegas on Wednesday, investigators revealed that gunman Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 last week to an account in his girlfriend?s home country of the Philippines. They also said the 64-year-old retired accountant had doubled down on his expensive gambling habit in the weeks prior to the shooting.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/3/donald-trump-says-gun-laws-will-be-considered-core/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:17:21 AM by gotlost »

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »
I'm not trying to have this argument again, as the views of both sides are too entrenched. But I am allowed to have my view on this forum whether I am American or not and I spend a fair amount of time in the US for my sins.

The big problem with gun control in the US is the power of the NRA. So no, Mr Trump will not consider any major changes on this as millions of dollars went to his campaign from the NRA (so I believe).

Also as was mentioned it is illegal to change a semi automatic weapon to an automatic weapon. But strangely enough there is a gadget that can be bought legally. It is legal to sell it, it is legal to own it, but it is illegal to use it? It does not make sense!

Maybe the US should invest some of the budget to mental health care as the gun lovers always say that these shooters are "insane", "mad", "mental" Yet their is little or no mental healthcare in the US, or it must be sadly lacking as these events keep happening.

To liken an automatic weapon to a vehicle is ridiculous and is a different subject as the incidents with vehicles in Europe have been terrorism and not a random madman.

I will not comment anymore on this thread, so have at it!!! LOL

Tassie

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »

I'm more red ,white and blue they you will ever be. Returned the end of July after a 3 months visit to Virginia. Majority of ALL americans want  to see changes made on this subject not to infringe on the second but real in the moron attitude that lets someone who legally had 49 fire arms and murder 59 people. That is insanity. I'll say it again the red neck controlled ass wholes that calls itself the GOP is a disgrace to the US and so it is the Douches bag in the WH. And NO I did not vote fore the peace of shit or the bitch from the other party.
[/quote]

Still providing no proof, only  an opinion.
[/quote]
gotlost, I can definitely assure you that I am a proud Australian so you can wrap your comments around the red white and blue if it comforts you. Please provide proof of your statement.
Regards
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:06:46 PM by Tassie »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »

I'm more red ,white and blue they you will ever be. Returned the end of July after a 3 months visit to Virginia. Majority of ALL americans want  to see changes made on this subject not to infringe on the second but real in the moron attitude that lets someone who legally had 49 fire arms and murder 59 people. That is insanity. I'll say it again the red neck controlled ass wholes that calls itself the GOP is a disgrace to the US and so it is the Douches bag in the WH. And NO I did not vote fore the peace of shit or the bitch from the other party.

Still providing no proof, only  an opinion.
[/quote]
gotlost, I can definitely assure you that I am a proud Australian so you can wrap your comments around the red white and blue if it comforts you. Please provide proof of your statement.
Regards
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D HOOK, LINE and SINKER. :D :D :D :D :D :D BTW the rest you can go back to putting your 2 satang worth in but unless your a YANK it does not count. Over and Out. Adam and Nookie have made the only sensible post by a non American the rest of you have not a clue.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:28:32 PM by gotlost »

Tassie

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
 screwy gotlost you are definitely a legend in your own mind.  Such clever satirical ramblings grouping both yourself and another as the only 2 supremos on this forum with any valid views.   Come in spinner.
Regards
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:24:47 PM by Tassie »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »
screwy gotlost you are definitely a legend in your own mind.  Such clever satirical ramblings grouping both yourself and another as the only 2 supremos on this forum with any valid views.   Come in spinner.
Regards

Got you and others going.. whistle

Offline BillH52

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »

Maybe the US should invest some of the budget to mental health care as the gun lovers always say that these shooters are "insane", "mad", "mental" Yet their is little or no mental healthcare in the US, or it must be sadly lacking as these events keep happening.

Adam, you have hit the nail squarely on the head.  I think it was in the mid 1980's, funding for mental health at both the US Federal and State level experienced drastic cuts. A great many 'institutions' closed their doors completely.  Funding and reform is very much needed in the US which would dramatically address the seemingly endless loop we Americans find ourselves attempting to deal with.   I, for one, believe we will not accomplish much of anything until the huge holes in the area of mental health are plugged.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

Adam, you have hit the nail squarely on the head.  I think it was in the mid 1980's, funding for mental health at both the US Federal and State level experienced drastic cuts. A great many 'institutions' closed their doors completely.  Funding and reform is very much needed in the US which would dramatically address the seemingly endless loop we Americans find ourselves attempting to deal with.   I, for one, believe we will not accomplish much of anything until the huge holes in the area of mental health are plugged.

+1

Offline nanglong218

• Contributor with future
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
The people of the USA are not "subjects" of their governments and this is a big difference in how we look at governments in general, the people can if they want change the constitution and modify of get rid of the second amendment.

Ahab, I have to take you up on this mate.  The use of the word subject, especially in quotes, usually refers to us Brits (I am Aus/Brit dual). We stopped the archaic term of subject officially in 1981. Not that it made a damn bit of difference on a daily basis. We didn't notice the difference.  In forcing governments to change you are no doubt
aware that we have changed our relationship with the EU democratically. So too has Catalonia.   The pressure for this vote came from the people. No evidence of a groundswell of outrage is evident from US people on gun control.
You are not a superior race and these tragedies will recur until you quit your peculiar love affair with a weapon of death.  To equate this to terrorism is absurd.

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
  To equate this to terrorism is absurd.

That is your opinion, but if you are dead does it really matter if the asshat that killed you did it because of religious zeal or just because he/she was an asshat? I would and do argue that it doesn't matter one bit to the people that end up being killed, one is as random as the other and they both end up with the same end result.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
I have no idea if this already has been posted, but interesting read what that <insert swear word> in Las Vegas used to make his weapon shoot like an automatic weapon.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/04/us/bump-stock-las-vegas-gun.html

Offline nanglong218

• Contributor with future
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 10:27:50 AM »

That is your opinion, but if you are dead does it really matter if the asshat that killed you did it because of religious zeal or just because he/she was an asshat? I would and do argue that it doesn't matter one bit to the people that end up being killed, one is as random as the other and they both end up with the same end result.
[/quote]
The above is a quote from Ahab.

After each terrorist attack governments adopt counter measures, more concrete barriers, restrictions on bomb making chemicals etc.  The organised groups get caught, it's the lone wolf who catches you out. After 9/11 US counter terrorism was pretty extreme but I see no similar response regards gun control. Americans love their guns, they'll be "prised from their cold, dead hands".  With no desire for change, and I don't wish to sound cold, you will have to accept the so frequent tragic consequences of this mindset.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:29:25 AM by nanglong218 »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »
Two more shootings.

Headline : The Gun Violence Archive, which categorises mass shootings in the US as four or more people shot or killed, says there have been 251 so far this year.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick