{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Having a child with your TG  (Read 39390 times)

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Having a child with your TG
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2014, 11:53:41 PM »
Sh$t URLEFT,you were cute too Mate,what happened,what went wrong. wave1 crazydance

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
BTW, last week I think I got it covered.  I went to the US Embassy and get her passport and CRBA (consular record of brith abroad).  When I went to the US Military support area, they latched onto the CRBA to enroll her for benefits. 

So after 5 months I think I got what she needs.   

Also, it was amazing to me.  I was feeling her head, she has an indentation in the top middle.  I think it exactly matches the one on the top of my head.

And here is a BW picture version: 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:53:52 PM by urleft »

Offline KhunG

• Contributor with future
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 06:11:53 AM »
Congrats!

My Thai wife and I tried for years in the US, and US fertility doctors are expensive!  We eventually gave up, and then our daughter came along anyway a couple years later.  We thought that was our miracle, then five years later we now also have a son. She did the snip, we're done.

We got the kids their Thai birth certificates from the embassy here, but didn't have time to get them Thai passports before we move there.  So they're flying in on US passports with 'O' visas and we'll sort it out after we get there.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
Congrats!

My Thai wife and I tried for years in the US, and US fertility doctors are expensive!  We eventually gave up, and then our daughter came along anyway a couple years later.  We thought that was our miracle, then five years later we now also have a son. She did the snip, we're done.

We got the kids their Thai birth certificates from the embassy here, but didn't have time to get them Thai passports before we move there.  So they're flying in on US passports with 'O' visas and we'll sort it out after we get there.

Thanks,

I have heard that young children don't need a visa when coming in with their Thai mom.  But I don't have a reference, just someone told me that. 

And welcome to the board.   

Offline KhunG

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
Congrats!

Thanks,

I have heard that young children don't need a visa when coming in with their Thai mom.  But I don't have a reference, just someone told me that. 

And welcome to the board.

It was the Thai embassy that told us to get the visas when we were sorting their birth certificates.

Thanks for the welcome!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:41 AM »
Congrats!

Question. Is your wife traveling on a US passport and does she have a current Thai passport?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:56:46 AM by gotlost »

Offline KhunG

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »
Question. Is your wife traveling on a US passport and does she have a current Thai passport?

She has both.  She enters and exits Thailand on her Thai passport and everywhere else on her US passport. We know others who do the same.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »

She has both.  She enters and exits Thailand on her Thai passport and everywhere else on her US passport. We know others who do the same.

Good. Your wife should be able to get the children their Thai passport after they are put on her house book here in Thailand. As for the children's O visa..Children under 15 are not subject to overstay laws of Thai Immigration but you need to get the Thai pass port sorted out asap on arrival as after you go over validity date of the O visa it will still be noted in the passport. If you enter on that passport you most exit on that passport.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »

Good. Your wife should be able to get the children their Thai passport after they are put on her house book here in Thailand. As for the children's O visa..Children under 15 are not subject to overstay laws of Thai Immigration but you need to get the Thai pass port sorted out asap on arrival as after you go over validity date of the O visa it will still be noted in the passport. If you enter on that passport you most exit on that passport.

You have perfectly described our plan.  Get them Thai passports, jump across the Cambodian border to check their US passports out, and bring them back on their Thai passports.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »

You have perfectly described our plan.  Get them Thai passports, jump across the Cambodian border to check their US passports out, and bring them back on their Thai passports.

You can only activated the new Thai passports by air not land. There may be a chance that Kap Choeng Immigration would cancel the O's and activate the new passport but don't count on it.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2014, 07:45:55 PM »

You can only activated the new Thai passports by air not land. There may be a chance that Kap Choeng Immigration would cancel the O's and activate the new passport but don't count on it.

Is that a change to the rules?  It's been quite a while, but my wife's first use of her first passport was a land crossing to/from Cambodia.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »

Is that a change to the rules?  It's been quite a while, but my wife's first use of her first passport was a land crossing to/from Cambodia.

No change but then again there are always a one/off. Your kids have to exit on the passport they entered Thailand on and then re enter on their new pp and by immigration rules this can only be done by air. At the moment Thailand is cracking down on visa abusers and overstayers at all crossings by land or by air are given all passports a serious go over for abuse and turning away individuals. either leaving or entering Thailand. You will need to check with immigration but as of now this swap can only be done by air. Remember your children will not be deemed overstayer because they are under 15 years of age. BTW an overstay of 1 day if apprehended by the authorities will result in a 1 year ban form Thailand.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »

No change but then again there are always a one/off. Your kids have to exit on the passport they entered Thailand on and then re enter on their new pp and by immigration rules this can only be done by air. At the moment Thailand is cracking down on visa abusers and overstayers at all crossings by land or by air are given all passports a serious go over for abuse and turning away individuals. either leaving or entering Thailand. You will need to check with immigration but as of now this swap can only be done by air. Remember your children will not be deemed overstayer because they are under 15 years of age. BTW an overstay of 1 day if apprehended by the authorities will result in a 1 year ban form Thailand.

Honestly, I'm still a bit confused as to how they could refuse Thai citizens entry into Thailand unless they entered by air?  They wouldn't be abusing visas, as they wouldn't need visas.  We'll see how it works out when they get there.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »
Be careful.  My understanding is that Thailand does not recognize Thai dual citizenship.  So if they find out they may force a choice.    Meaning be careful how you ask the question to Thai officials. 

From a website:

Dual Citizenships Not Allowed:
Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan ,Burma, Bahrain, Botswana, Japan, China ,Czech Republic, Denmark, Fiji,India,Indonesia, Ecuador, Estonia, Iran, Poland, Papua New Guinea, Brunei, Japan, Peru, Kuwait , Kenya, Kazakhstan, Chile, Kiribati, Poland, Korea, Kuwait, Denmark, Latvia,Singapore, Slovakia, Ecuador, Lithuania, Solomon Islands ,Fiji ,Malaysia, Mauritius, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Romania, Thailand, Mexico, Nepal, Venezuela, Norway, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal
http://www.dlgimmigration.com/united-states-citizenship/list-of-countries-that-allow-or-disallow-dual-citizenship/

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »

Honestly, I'm still a bit confused as to how they could refuse Thai citizens entry into Thailand unless they entered by air?  They wouldn't be abusing visas, as they wouldn't need visas.  We'll see how it works out when they get there.

Don't panic your wife and kids will have no problem entering Thailand and your kids will get their Thai passport. But I see no way (hope Im wrong) that the kids pp will be activated at a land crossing. Now just make sure you don't become a statistic as these changes are happening fast and furious. Just make sure that if you try the land crossing you check with that crossing directly to confirm yes or no.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick