{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: NEW SPEED CAMERAS ON hIGHWAY 24  (Read 21433 times)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: NEW SPEED CAMERAS ON hIGHWAY 24
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:51:12 AM »
Why not just stick to the speed limit then there is no need to get paranoid about cameras

Very good point....and if instead of paying 100/200baht, there was a sensible fine of say 5,000baht for speeding, msot people would obey the speed limits, and the road carnage would be significantly reduced.

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »
Why not just stick to the speed limit then there is no need to get paranoid about cameras

Very good point....and if instead of paying 100/200baht, there was a sensible fine of say 5,000baht for speeding, msot people would obey the speed limits, and the road carnage would be significantly reduced.

madbar
Only way to stop the carnaige is for them to look  :blink: before they actually do something, like overtake, or pull out of a junction!!  jumping8

I have seen countless times when someone just wanders out of a side road and not even look, or just overtake, then realise that there are vehicles coming towards them,  jumping1 so instead of pulling back in... they just flash their headlights, as though that will magically make you disappear!!
 oldmanwithstick

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

madbar
Only way to stop the carnaige is for them to look  :blink: before they actually do something, like overtake, or pull out of a junction!!  jumping8

I have seen countless times when someone just wanders out of a side road and not even look, or just overtake, then realise that there are vehicles coming towards them,  jumping1 so instead of pulling back in... they just flash their headlights, as though that will magically make you disappear!!
 oldmanwithstick

+1. And that is a result of NO Driving Education, they just get on a bike (in a) car and drive.

How difficult it is to get a license back in Europe (in my Country at the moment a waiting list of 12 weeks, so if you fail you have to wait another 12 weeks, and with the prices a driving instructor charges you don't wanna do that too many times ;) ) with a practical exam of 50 minutes (with an independent examiner) and you have to get your theoretical exam first (50 questions have to have at least 41 correct.)

Here it's just a ride around a closed of track / circuit (crazy)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
+1. Add to that the absence of any serious consequence for any breaking of the traffic rules/laws and a corrupt Police department, then there is little hope.

Tassie

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
I would love to see the Army come down hard against the corrupt police.
Regards

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »
Despite the comments above I do enjoy driving here. Expect the unexpected all of the time and most will keep out of trouble. One thing is for sure, I can cover much greater distances in much less time than I could in the UK.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »
+1. Add to that the absence of any serious consequence for any breaking of the traffic rules/laws and a corrupt Police department, then there is little hope.

+1, and about time they start introducing driving license demerit Points here, too many points and your license would be suspended for 90 days or something like that.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »

From my limited knowledge of these cameras where the ticket comes thro the post ,they appear to be 500 baht for under 120km/hr.1000baht between 120 & 140 km/hr....They are actual cases of a chap who got nailed by 2 of them on the Saraburi-Korat within 90 minutes of each other

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »
I got one in the post for 1,000 from Saraburi.
I read an article a while back (think it was Bangkok Post) that said 85% of the postal tickets didn't get paid. Apparently they were looking to introduce a system where the unpaid ticket information was forwarded to the vehicle registration and tax offices for collection at yearly renewal. No idea if the system is in place.
When I paid my ticket at Lam Plait Mat post office the guy on the counter said I was the 7th to pay for a ticket that morning. Some indication of just how many get caught.

Offline secosteve

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 04:19:24 PM »
I got a ticket for running a red light in Bangkok (it was a close call and the three cars following me went free) my licence was duly taken from me and I was told to go to the local police station to pay a fine and get my licence back. My wife actually went to the station with the ticket carrying our 6 month screaming daughter. The cop behind the desk took pity and down graded my offence to a 50 baht fine. The cop told my wife that I had to be careful about racking up points as they are kept in the system and  my licence could be revoked, so there is a points system in place.

Non paid speeding ticket or other such tickets are held against the registration of the vehicle so, if the tickets are not paid you cannot transfer ownership when you come to sell the vehicle unless all outstanding amounts are paid irrelevant of who the driver was.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
<snip>. The cop told my wife that I had to be careful about racking up points as they are kept in the system and  my licence could be revoked, so there is a points system in place.

Thx, that I didn't know

<snip>.
Non paid speeding ticket or other such tickets are held against the registration of the vehicle so, if the tickets are not paid you cannot transfer ownership when you come to sell the vehicle unless all outstanding amounts are paid irrelevant of who the driver was.

And AFAIK, if you have unpaid tickets you even can't renew your tax disc until the fines are paid in full.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »
The lone speed camera man on the 24 has moved his location.............Yesterday afternoon,I spotted his white pick up with carry boy parked outside a closed eating place pretty close to here.......Having a look to see where he was,he was sitting in a disused vendor stall on the opposite carriageway with his camera perched on its counter.So beware if you are travelling from Nong Ki towards Nang Rong this bastard is around 7km from Nong Ki.
Back in his "usual" position yesterday lunchtime ,hiding in a gateway just after the mushroom stalls...in a white minibus this time.

Offline tommynew

• Contributor with future
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 07:47:16 AM »
This man is not a bastard, just doing his job of reducing the already massive toll of accidents on Thailands roads

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »
Hello Tommy, spoken like a true ex copper  love2.
Hammers unlucky last night, mate.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 08:19:18 AM »
This man is not a bastard, just doing his job of reducing the already massive toll of accidents on Thailands roads
How does what he is doing reduce the massive death toll accidents on Thai Roads?
The vast majority of the people who will have fines dropping through their letterbox will not even have seen him.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick