{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Where to buy hardware tools in Buriram?  (Read 57628 times)

Offline Jon Terry

• Contributor with future
  • if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
Where to buy hardware tools in Buriram?
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »
I am coming back to Thailand after this summer and want to do alot of work on my house, I have a constuction company back in the UK and have every tool for every job, but do not want to try and bring them with me.
Does anyone know where I can buy good tools in the Buriram area eg drylining/carpentry tools.
I have looked before but have always been disappointed with what is for sale.
Cheers
Jon

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Where to buy hardware tools in Buriram?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
I am coming back to Thailand after this summer and want to do alot of work on my house, I have a constuction company back in the UK and have every tool for every job, but do not want to try and bring them with me.
Does anyone know where I can buy good tools in the Buriram area eg drylining/carpentry tools.
Cheers
Jon

You can look at home mart and all the house material shops in Buriram city area (on the ring road  there is a good place to look at these things),, here also:
http://www.thaiwatsadu.com/aboutus_en.html

buriram_united

Offline Jon Terry

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:24:05 AM »
Thanks adim will have a look

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:53:11 AM »
Jon Terry, I don't want to be a negativist but in my 9 years experience over here I've finally come to the conclusion to import all proper stuff from home.
Not once have I been really been satisfied with equipment I bought here. It is all the thai way : as cheap as possible, as often as necessary.
The grassmower I bought was okay but then the afterservice was lousy or inexistant.
So now I making up a list of thing I want to bring over and I'll rent a 20footer whatever the cost ... when you've got proper tools and equipment you'll be the winner, no aggravation about lousy and/or defective tools and more efficient work. I'll win in the end even at high transportation costs. Off course the next challenge will be to prevent my stuff to 'grow feet' !!!!

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 06:12:47 AM »
Hi Jon

Croc has just said what I was going to say in a PM to you.

When I came here 25 years ago, I packed 20 tea chests with virtually everything but the kitchen sink, and had it shipped to Bangkok. If you put everything in the wife's name, and label it as "Thai returning home", I believe there is no import tax payable.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:22 AM »
Cheers
Jon

You can look at home mart and all the house material shops in Buriram city area (on the ring road  there is a good place to look at these things),, here also:
http://www.thaiwatsadu.com/aboutus_en.html

buriram_united

Thai Watsadu is good, but in my opinion Do Home on the road between Dan Kwian (Immigration) and Korat is better.. Just 2/3 kms further on is a new Tesco Lotus hypermarket, so you can, if you time things right do everything together.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:53 AM »
DeWalt is a brand name I know, trust and like working with.  I have been able to 'special order' several items via a local hardware store in Nang Rong and get the items in about a week to 10 days, but it is always a battle getting them to write it up.   Cost is higher than I like, but opposed to shipping from USA, it is cheaper.

BH

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
http://www.truevalue.co.th/index.php
This place seems to have at least a few usable things, I haven't been able to get there yet.
Just finding a decent shovel or spade is almost impossible as far as I can see; wheel barrows: forget it. If you supplied one to a Thai building crew they would go on strike or send for a monk. I have seen them carry sand 10 meters to the mixing trough instead of moving the trough to the sand heap..even on large building sites you don't see a concrete mixer, i would be a taker if anyone has one for sale.
  I too plan on sending a load of tools and replacement handles over this summer and I know others that have done so. Carpentry tools like decent hand planes, wooden hammers and chisels will be in there also.

Offline stunner

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »
Home pro are opening in Buriram soon not a bad store.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
Buriram will be top heavy with home improvement stores.

Currently have Thai Watsadu, IQ is still building, Home Mart is near Tiweekit, and now Home Pro coming according to stunner.

Offline stunner

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
 Yes Nick they are opening next to Nissan a lot going on here at the moment.There are plenty of houses need improving for sure but is there enough trade for these stores only time will tell.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 09:46:47 AM »
ok

Offline Jon Terry

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
Jon Terry, I don't want to be a negativist but in my 9 years experience over here I've finally come to the conclusion to import all proper stuff from home.
Not once have I been really been satisfied with equipment I bought here. It is all the thai way : as cheap as possible, as often as necessary.
The grassmower I bought was okay but then the afterservice was lousy or inexistant.
So now I making up a list of thing I want to bring over and I'll rent a 20footer whatever the cost ... when you've got proper tools and equipment you'll be the winner, no aggravation about lousy and/or defective tools and more efficient work. I'll win in the end even at high transportation costs. Off course the next challenge will be to prevent my stuff to 'grow feet' !!!!
Sounds like the right advice Dundee, the feet thing is pretty true too, if they don't walk off on their own they will be borrowed and never returned.

Offline Jon Terry

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »
Hi Jon

Croc has just said what I was going to say in a PM to you.

When I came here 25 years ago, I packed 20 tea chests with virtually everything but the kitchen sink, and had it shipped to Bangkok. If you put everything in the wife's name, and label it as "Thai returning home", I believe there is no import tax payable.

Hi Nick,
 I like your idea about Thai returning home, but if I was to take some of my older power tools etc would you have to pay tax anyway?

Offline Jon Terry

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »
DeWalt is a brand name I know, trust and like working with.  I have been able to 'special order' several items via a local hardware store in Nang Rong and get the items in about a week to 10 days, but it is always a battle getting them to write it up.   Cost is higher than I like, but opposed to shipping from USA, it is cheaper.

BH
I swear by Dewalt,  in fact there is hardly a tool made by them that I don't have they are so good I just need to replace batteries rather than buy new tools, but I have never seen them in Thailand.
If I drop a dewalt tool from a scaffold, I do not get angry because it might be broken, I get mad because I have to climb down to get it!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick