{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram Tree of Life Orphanage  (Read 54341 times)

sugardaddyken

Re: Buriram Tree of Life Orphanage
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
Where are you? I want to be a volunteer.

Nookie says CoCo will tag along too!

I think you have noticed that Nok ( Not my Nok by the way  nono ) is in fact an ex worker from Pattaya called Long Mint . :biggrin:

You ,Nookie and Coffeecorner would be more than welcome to make a donation  :biggrin:

sugardaddyken

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »

Where are you? I want to be a volunteer.

BTW Nick....if you do want to be a volunteer and want to cum come  over to see us you are more than welcome  ,If there is anything you see that you want to eat you can ask first if it contains nut or not first.We have lots of dishes for the guy that are allergic to or just don't like nuts ......90% of our food is nut free but the odd dish always slips through the net in Homes like ours  ::)

Offline treehousemonkey

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
Fir those who can keep their heads  out of their lower parts and not be so snotty, we are located not far from the Buriram Hospital.  The intersection traffic light  in front of Buriram Phittaykhom, go across the railroad tracks and continue along until you pass a school on the left and come to the end of the wall on the right, turn right, come to the back gate of the Wat (Tamtiraram) you will see a sign on a pole with a sign from from Tonfon Resort, turn left and go four more houses.  The center will be on the right

sugardaddyken

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
Fir those who can keep their heads  out of their lower parts and not be so snotty, we are located not far from the Buriram Hospital. 
Not being snotty at all,just trying to have some fun. Charities like politicians are normally on the make.Very few are in Politics or run Charities solely with a view of helping out people that are more unfortunate than some others.I am not saying this is the case with you and your charity and from what I have read is seems OK,I think you are more than likely ( 99.9% )one of the good guys or otherwise I wouldn't have helped out by contributing money to last years Biker event run by SF !!
But over the years I have seen so many fraudsters and those that are out for what they can get which  make the few goods one open for question.My posts have been for fun and in no way a dig at what you have achieved but more of a dig at the way some charities are run   smilenod
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:07:44 PM by sugardaddyken »

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »
Treehousemonkey : being Belgian myself I know about Bouworde and if they help/support you, you must be a sound operator. Keep it up and I hope to visit your premises soon and give all assistance I can.
By the way : I keep my head out of MY lower parts !!!!

sugardaddyken

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Here a good read,not for the Atheists among the flock though !!

http://forums.mysanantonio.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/16564/all/Is_your_church_mission_minded

Thought of the day ???

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
Thanks for the warning SDK.

I had a quick peek, but it lasted all of 5 seconds!

Not my cup of tea!

Offline treehousemonkey

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
Thanks Mike.  We love the Belgians here as they have made a real difference.  Nine teams to date and three more scheduled for next summer.   There are charlatans out here in Thailand and we have come across them regularly.  One found out we were about to receive a potential  Australian donor and he cornered him and told the donor that he was more deserving of the help. He had heard the donor speaking to someone he knew in Khon Kaen. He got every bit of what the potential donor  planned to give to the center to buy a bigger piece of land to build a larger facility.  Once he got the money he booked, got his girl friend pregnant, divorced his  wife, got hold of the money and disappeared. The charlatan called himself a pastor and actually had a church in the Khon Kaen area.  I remember him only as Sir Prey on Us. 

sugardaddyken

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »
  I remember him only as Sir Prey on Us.

Like Nick I prefer it when people don't prey at all  rolleyesbar

Offline jockey

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
Thanks Mike.  We love the Belgians here as they have made a real difference.  Nine teams to date and three more scheduled for next summer.   There are charlatans out here in Thailand and we have come across them regularly.  One found out we were about to receive a potential  Australian donor and he cornered him and told the donor that he was more deserving of the help. He had heard the donor speaking to someone he knew in Khon Kaen. He got every bit of what the potential donor  planned to give to the center to buy a bigger piece of land to build a larger facility.  Once he got the money he booked, got his girl friend pregnant, divorced his  wife, got hold of the money and disappeared. The charlatan called himself a pastor and actually had a church in the Khon Kaen area.  I remember him only as Sir Prey on Us.
I find a lot of these people who say they are religious are in it for their own  benefit.i ,like many others have serious doubts about them.

sugardaddyken

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
I find a lot of these people who say they are religious are in it for their own  benefit.i ,like many others have serious doubts about them.
For those that may ask ......."Why is there no Atheist Charities then ??? "

Here's a site that like minded people like myself ( and others on BE it seems ) might like them to read   :)

http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml9553.htm

Offline treehousemonkey

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
we have those who help us from all over the world at various times during the 14 years we have been open and taking in kids.  San Antonio is my home and for the past fifteen years we have received very little help from there.  Some who have helped us are christian  by profession, others are jewish or muslim and they have been here as volunteers. we have had quite a few agnostics and we welcome folks no matter what their religious beliefs are or lack thereof.  I could care less.  Those who help kids are my kind of friends. So far as we know of those who have volunteered here we don't have any devout atheists  but the overwhelming majority of our help come from secular crowds, non-church goers etc.  I am a believer but I don't believe in God in a box.

sugardaddyken

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
I am a believer but I don't believe in God in a box.

Your Ophanage is called 'The Tree of Life Christian Children's Center and Orphanage '...are the children allowed to practice Buddha's teaching if they wish or are they told a Christian way of life is the only good way.As 100% of the children that arrive at your center are Buddhist ( I would imagine ) how do you help them to carry on in their Buddhist beliefs.?
BTW ,,Just because I am an atheist doesn't mean others can't do what the inner self tells them to do, I am not knocking your beliefs but as Nick says " Its not my cup of tea "

Offline treehousemonkey

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
Whatever flats your boat, we do our thing here, kids -- some come as Buddhists and some leave as buddhists,  my older son is Jewish as was my dad. My second son's  wife is due to have a child  around the end of the month(a boy, so the sonogram says) and they have chosen the name Shalom to name him.  Hebrew. My mom was a convert from Catholicism to Judaism. We don't even mention the word Christian when we work in the schools  If you don't like other people's religious beliefs fine that is between you and whatever.  It doesn't matter a tinker's damn to me what you profess.  I am a Green Bay Packer's Fan.

Offline treehousemonkey

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »
By the way, my father-in-law is a longtime buddhist monk.  He and a bunch of the other monks come visit all the time.  We wash their orange robes for them. Kids are exposed to many religions here.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick