{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Korat immigration Info.  (Read 130213 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Korat immigration Info.
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »
As far as I remember the letter you have to produce re' proof you are free to marry' is only issued by your Embassy/Consulate in Bangkok.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »
That is correct Nookie, but why on earth would Immigration want to see it.  Surely what matters is that you are married and can produce a marriage certificate.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
As far as I remember the letter you have to produce re' proof you are free to marry' is only issued by your Embassy/Consulate in Bangkok.
You remember rightly, NB.
If you have already married, an aformation to prove you are eligable to marry must have been provided at the Aumper for your marriage to be registered and obtained at your embassy.

I suppose the Aumper might be able to backtrack and give you a copy but thats doubtful. That stupid rule is a new one on me but then again it no longer applies to me!  yeahme

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
Apparently it's not the KR-2 that they want, we actually showed a document called that. A bit puzzled by this as I guess will everybody be that follows me until some bright spark works it all out. I will get back in a day or two when I get results (or not)... hope to have more time in Prakhon Chai next time..

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
I went to Kap Choeng a couple of weeks ago to extend my marriage visa - 3rd or 4th time - took all the usual docs copied from my previous extensions at Korat and was asked for an additional document to back up my marriage license. I think it was called a "kor sor sorng".

I started to throw a wobbler as this had never been asked for before and had no intention of returning to Buriram to look for it.

After some discussion my wife went to the local Amphur office in Kap Choeng, paid 10 Baht and came back with the necessary in about 15 minutes.

Seems it was some docs (3 pages) that come with the big red license, just a paperwork exercise.

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
Thai immigration fully supports deforestation...................... jumping8

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:36 AM »
ADM, the photo driving directions are fantastic idea.  I have saved the thread to refer to later.  The latest post describes now having to show "single letter" when applying for extension based on marriage.  We did not register marriage in Thailand, but here in America.  We are in the process of getting the marriage registered here.  They want copy of my divorce, but not the single letter.  Not sure I can get one or even who to ask for one if needed.  Now that I am married, with document from USA, will it be necessary?  Anyone have this type of experience?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM