{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.  (Read 20915 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:39:09 PM »
Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
http://www.mfa.go.th/

As a foreigner visiting or living in Thailand, you might need the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs services some time in terms of documents legalization, passport application for your Thai fiancee and other consular functions which are beyond the Bureau of Immigration's authority and duties.

The Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs website also have useful information regarding Thai visas especially latest announcements and changes in Thai immigration policies.
You can always call the Ministry for information should you fail getting in touch with the Bureau of Immigration.

For your legalization and consular-related needs inside Thailand, you can visit or contact the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
443 Sri Ayudhya Rd. Bangkok 10400
Tel  (662) 643 – 5000

Department of Consular Affairs
123 Chaeng Wattana  Rd, Tungsonghong Laksi
Bangkok 10212
Tel. (662) 981-7171

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_(Thailand)

Waiting time: oldmanwithstick
Ministry Of Foreign Affairs office is open at 8:30am EXACTLY!
Come on time to get a good place in the line.
Be patient it will take HOURS!
We came early and got our non approved documents at around 10:30am
Translate it again (Ground floor,translation office) within an hour.
Got back to the line at 11:30am.
Lunch break: 12:00pm-13:00pm
Got our documents after nagging on them at 14:30pm.

Personal advice: jumping8
If you need to translate document and legalization of translated document I would highly recommend you to do it in the translation office on the ground floor of the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
They know the job and exact requirements and your document will be accepted by the office need to approve and stamp on your document.
Translating a legal document such as Marriage certificate or any other document in our area is unfortunately not pass their translation check because of mistake which may look to some of you minor but they really not approving a document if not 100% accurate.
Example of mistake in translation:
Original document: 15:00
Translated into: 3:00pm
NOT PASS!
Have more examples but all I am trying to tell you is Don't to rely on the local offices here to pass the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs check.

One more Tip: stop1
Once you will be waiting for your turn and actually all the time you will be there, you will be approached by private agents of translation offices from the surrounding area of the office, they don't have any company tag on their shirt and acting like they are waiting as customers but all they are doing there is trying to fish customers to take their services of translation in case of failure/not approve.
They approach you even before you hand over the documents and point on the mistakes they see in your documents and advice you first to fix it in their office and not waste your time waiting for the obvious NOT PASS but something with their behaviour made me not to give my trust to them because the way they approach like its not legal to offer translation service there and also they sneak behind you whisper you 'translation service'/'I can translate'. I find it abit on the bizarre side.
*One of them had a very strong smell of Alcohol,other was upset and made face just because I didn't call him to take his service and other girls were with heavy makeup and simple dress.

My document didn't pass the check and I went to the ground floor where they charged me about 300 Baht/page and all documents were ready within an hour!
All documents passed and stamped!!
 party1

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:07:00 AM by ADMIN »

Offline DoctorM

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
hello, first i want to say thank you for the good job here. it is very helpfully, and it is a nice community here. i am going to marry soon, i would like to know the office that you suggest for translating documents in the ground floor in MFA is an official translator service from ministry or company(cost 300 baht/documet) ?? Secondly can you confirm me that it is still MFA legalization one day service and how much it costs fee per document. Thank you

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:41 PM »
hello, first i want to say thank you for the good job here. it is very helpfully, and it is a nice community here. i am going to marry soon, i would like to know the office that you suggest for translating documents in the ground floor in MFA is an official translator service from ministry or company(cost 300 baht/documet) ?? Secondly can you confirm me that it is still MFA legalization one day service and how much it costs fee per document. Thank you

The translation office on the ground floor is not the official translator from the ministry but only working in the same building, my impression and experience was very positive as also others done it there.
It's comfortable,easy and cost same as others, if there are any problems you just go down 1 floor to fix the document (I think it is rarely needed because they are professionals there).

The MFA legalization is a one day service (If you hand over your documents in morning time), when you hand over your documents for translation you will be asked if you want it 'normal' or 'Express'. Choose express and you will get your documents until 14:00pm.

*They usually hand over approved documents 3 times a day:
ESTIMATED TIMES:
11:00am. *If you are really lucky!
14:00pm.
16:00pm.

Recommend you to do like this:
Come early at 8:00am.
Go to translation office (In the entrance, Left side).
Eat/Drink something in the Cafeteria (On Right side).
1 hour later collect translated documents.
Go to 2nd floor, MFA office. Express.
Be patient, and wait until AROUND 14:00pm.

*There are many people there, when documents are ready they will call/say the name on Microphone.

Good luck! thumbup sawadi
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:25:32 PM by Admin »

Offline DoctorM

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
thank you thumbup

can you tell me the cost of express/normal service ?? and normal service you give documents and you take tommorow or you can take them in same day 16:00 ?? best regards

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
thank you thumbup

can you tell me the cost of express/normal service ?? and normal service you give documents and you take tomorrow or you can take them in same day 16:00 ?? best regards
Normal service: 200 Baht/page and it will take 2 days.
Express service: 400 Baht/page and you get it in the same day.

PAY EXPRESS AND GO IN THE MORNING. exclaim

sawadi

Offline briankaplan

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:08:18 PM »
do you know the name of the ground floor translation service company and the hour it opens.
Thanks
 Brian

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 02:36:44 AM »
do you know the name of the ground floor translation service company and the hour it opens.
Thanks
 Brian
I don't remember, the translation office is on left side just few meters after entrance & they open the office same hours as the ministry of foreign affairs open.
*Also a tip, don't be tempted to the guys selling translation services for passing by potential customers, their translation is not always accurate and in most times they will be slower than the translation office I recommended in the review above.
You should go early in the morning if you want to finish it same day.
sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM