{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Organic food hub status planned for Thailand  (Read 11763 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Organic food hub status planned for Thailand
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
Organic food hub status planned for Thailand
By The Nation
2011-01-24

The Commerce Ministry plans to set up Thailand as an organic food hub within the next five years to serve the regional single market plan.

Yanyong Phuangrach, commerce permanent secretary, said yesterday that regional market integration via Asean Economic Community will create export opportunity for Thai organic goods. Asean is the biggest export market of those products now.

The ministry also plans to double the export value of organic food to Bt5 billion within the next 10 years.

The ministry also won the Cabinet's approval to put eggs and warehouse service into the price control list, which now comprises 39 products and services.

The Commerce Ministry also reported the irregularity of pork prices. It plans close monitoring on the wholesale price.

redrover

Re: Organic food hub status planned for Thailand
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
How fashionable. As many here have been "practicing" organic farming for decades {even centuries} without the trendy fanfare that is usually associated with such promotions.....it's the circle of farmers that have gone over to the other side that they have to reach.

Offline fox

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
How fashionable. As many here have been "practicing" organic farming for decades {even centuries} without the trendy fanfare that is usually associated with such promotions.....it's the circle of farmers that have gone over to the other side that they have to reach.
The problem with organic food is the final price for consumers.
There is no way the average consumer can keep up financially (Unless he is wealthy) to buy only organic foods. confused2

redrover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
The problem with organic food is the final price for consumers.
There is no way the average consumer can keep up financially (Unless he is wealthy) to buy only organic foods. confused2
This is a Western practice. Invented for the zombie consumer of manufactured trends.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »
Today two new Fertilizer mixing machines arrived at my family owned builders merchants store in Buriram. I was told a customer is going to make organic fertilizer with these two machines. Miss Jaew one of the bi-lingual staff of Ruangsangthai opened the farm machinery door for inspection. Mr. Thai Bob and Mr. Tum assist expats and Thai citizens at my Buriram Hardware store and will gladly order any machine that is on the ground in Thailand.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
I think that's a pellet maker.
As far as Thai organic is concerned, forgive my cynicism but even in Switzerland organic producers were often found out to be spraying chemicals at night. They also bought stuff in when they had a crop failure.
The produce I have seen here that was labelled organic looked suspiciously pristine and well formed. I know that melons can't be mass produced without intensive spraying, especially around here, I gave up trying to grow them years ago.
Without a trustworthy control mechanism I can't see any point in paying for a nice green label.
I manage to grow most of our veg needs at home without using non-organic pesticides, apart from potatoes of course...
I'm still looking for organic beer, petrol, plastic bags and washing powder.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »
Dave you are spot on. It was a pun on how the designation organic is widely abused. The American expats will understand the Cal Worthington Ford pun on the Ford Trucks on sale in Buriram today. A Raptor Pick up has been in the covered customer parking area of Ruangsangthai in July 2017 owned by a local businessman.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 05:47:36 PM »
While we're on the subject, last week an announcement was made that a fertiliser producing plant (using cow manure etc) was going to be opened in the region, they were looking for 50 people at ฿305.- / day. Next day 150 people were stood there waiting.
I don't know anything more about this.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
That's no freaking Raptor!  Cal is rolling over in his grave!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 08:26:54 PM »
I remember getting CAl Worthington and his dog spot adds in El Paso, we had California cable channel.  So most of the USA would have no idea who Cal was.  But for a little enterainment, go here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJALwCNbco

Offline pablo

• Contributor with future
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
First time I watched one of my favorite movies, "Used Cars"...I immediately thought of old Cal Worthington.   555

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM