{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: BRU course in Thai Language  (Read 18317 times)

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
BRU course in Thai Language
« on: November 20, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
Buriram Ratchabat University does have a course that teaches Thai to English speaking people but they have never scheduled it because no one has ever enrolled. If enough people enroll they will put it on their next term agenda. And, if enough people are curious, I will seek out and post more information.

Offline freshy

Re: BRU course in Thai Language
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »
Buriram Ratchabat University does have a course that teaches Thai to English speaking people but they have never scheduled it because no one has ever enrolled. If enough people enroll they will put it on their next term agenda. And, if enough people are curious, I will seek out and post more information.
Is there an English course for Thai people as well? ( the communication course and how to make sentence which is higher level than just teaching the basic English).
All information will be thankful.
Freshy
sawadi giggle

Offline tonypace01

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 04:20:52 AM »
There are several English courses there: Business English, Fundamental Communication, Social Communication, Computer English,as well as a few others. All the students study English. There is an unwritten maxim about the best ways to learn English. At the top is live in an English speaking country. Number 2 is live with a farang. Learning in an English class at BRU is about 15 lower on the list, just below getting lectures from farm animals. But BRU is the rule, not the exception. The system is set up for immersion but the application is not,nor is the department funded for such a system. Any student who is doing well there (all two of them)has learned more outside the school. Now a Thai who could go to Khon Kaen U. would be in the catbird seat. I know a local girl who attends there and she is more articulate and knowledgeable in English than many farang.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
I would be very interested in getting more details of the Thai language course.

Offline rethumper

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 06:02:09 AM »
Gordie B,Am studing Thai spoken & written at local Wat>both written,spoken>Although i'm in Berkeley,ca,USA>You might ask at Buriram wat?>

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:30 AM »
Gordie B,Am studing Thai spoken & written at local Wat>both written,spoken>Although i'm in Berkeley,ca,USA>You might ask at Buriram wat?>
Which dialect are you learning?

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
Which dialect are you learning?

Maybe the "bar" dialect, Hello sexy man...................... and so on.  love6 love2
Or family cow sick, motorbike broken, send more money.  bike038 monkeydancing
I want goold!  moneysmile  moneysmile

Offline rethumper

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »
Nookie ,&Beer Lao>Benjawan Becker(language author) lives nearby & suggested that i learn Thai at the WAT>most classes are taught by Thai undergrads on EDU visas>central standard dialect >recent Thai consulate arranged an Issan teach english position for a classmate>he studied here just 9 months.included a r/t air,housing & stipend>with caution not to "be boiled until cooked"

Offline tonypace01

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
Which Wat?

Offline rethumper

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 06:44:22 AM »
tP1>FYI,new class starts Oct09-DEC18>At san francisco buddist temple"wat Mongkolrataram">

Offline dzodun

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 06:07:39 PM »
I want to study Thai in an accredited course in Biriram so I can get an ED visa.  Does anyone know of such a course/school?
Thanks,
Dave

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 06:39:58 PM »
Hi Dave,

First of all, welcome to Buriram Expats.

Sorry I don't know about a school so I can't answer your question.

But just a friendly piece of advice, before you look for a school you better talk to Kap Choeng Immigration (KCI) if they will allow you to extend your ED visa there. First check this before you go and look for a school.

And also Please note that KCI is around 110Kms from Buriram

The best of luck

Offline dzodun

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am currently in the U.S. but will be back in Buriram mid July.  I have heard one can get an ED visa
from the Thai embassy here but I need a school to accept me first.  If I am a true student I think the immigration office you
mention would extend it up to a year, I would hope.  Maybe I should try to contact them by email. 
Dave

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
You are 100% right about the procedure, (first school then visa) but you have to do your extensions (every 90 days) at the immigration office, so you may want to talk to the immigration office first before you start.

Maybe another member (who is on a ED visa) can comment.

Again, the best of luck

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
I am not on an Ed visa but here is what I know.......

Ed visas can only be extended 90 days at a time. The procedure is now very different. The Ed visa has been abused by many people and immigration are now tightening the screws.

There is not an accredited place in Buriram, unless you want to go full time in a University and study 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.

If you really want to learn Thia then the are some places that I can recommend, but you will need to arrange your own visa.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick