{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 193804 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
^ same info I got.

So Savvanakhet Laos is still the best place to go for a Multiple Non-O (based on Marriage)

Its the only place to go in SE Asia for an O multi based on marriage.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
I don't know if this already has been posted, but this is the document (from KCI) which states what documents are required for a new extension of stay based on Marriage.

Picked it up last time I was there but forgot about it completely after the Yellow House Book "ordeal".

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
They don't mention the KR2 which is must. OR the KR 22 of your have foreign marriage.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
Thanks GL,

That will help other people who are looking for an extension of stay at that office ;)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
Thanks GL,

That will help other people who are looking for an extension of stay at that office ;)

Its a requirement at all immigration offices.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2016, 03:42:14 PM »
Just a quick update following a friends visit to KCI today.

1. Only take one set of documents. The IO will sign and stamp them and then get you to go and get ONE more copy from the copy shop (gold shop if the copy shop is busy).

2. The ticket system was not in use and my friend was called into the Captain's office on the left. He has a list of required forms that he ticks off as he goes. My man had everything per Keith's list. The Captain also pulled out a 'Statement' of guarantee for his wife to sign.

3. Forms in Thai - one for the applicant to sign and one for the wife.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2016, 03:53:23 PM »
Ray, I think he and I were there at the same time.  I met a Brit there getting a marriage extension, showed him a pic of my daughter told him I had a Scouser bud in the village. 

Funny about the ticket system, they said it was not working but the system started calling numbers while he and I were being checked. 

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2016, 04:40:01 PM »
Ray .... what is a "statement of guarantee" ?  What is she guaranteeing ?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2016, 06:02:22 PM »
Ray .... what is a "statement of guarantee" ?  What is she guaranteeing ?

Seems to be a confirmation that you are living at said address and a general 'guarantee' of the the Farang.

Offline Dylan.t

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
I will need to apply for an extension to my O marriage visa in a couple of month's time.
We got married in the UK ,so our marriage certificate is  English. Do I have to have this translated into Thai and notarised for the immigration office, or will they accept a copy of the original?
Also I'm living in Buached, Surin province and assume that I can use Kap Choeng immigration.

Offline Sofa_King

• Contributor with future
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2016, 01:56:56 AM »
I will need to apply for an extension to my O marriage visa in a couple of month's time.
We got married in the UK ,so our marriage certificate is  English. Do I have to have this translated into Thai and notarised for the immigration office, or will they accept a copy of the original?
Also I'm living in Buached, Surin province and assume that I can use Kap Choeng immigration.

Hi Dylan.t

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but over the years I have heard this question asked a few times.
I think you have to go to a translating service ( I think there is a member of BE that will be able to help you on that one ) , have your English marriage certificate translated into Thai, then get that translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then go to your local Amphur and actually register the fact that you and your Thai wife got married in the UK.. They will give you a Kor Ror 22 form which is a  "certification of registration of marriage abroad" .
By getting a Kor Ror 22 ,which means your marriage in the UK will be registered here at your local Amphur , which should make the visa application a little easier at KCI.....hopefully. ::)
Maybe one of the other members on here may have better info than I have tried to supply or whist you still have a few months before you need your extension, then maybe go to Kap Choeng immigration and ask them what you need to do ,the last thing you want to do is to leave to the last moment to try and sort out your paperwork !!
:)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2016, 06:33:16 AM »

Hi Dylan.t

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but over the years I have heard this question asked a few times.
I think you have to go to a translating service ( I think there is a member of BE that will be able to help you on that one ) , have your English marriage certificate translated into Thai, then get that translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then go to your local Amphur and actually register the fact that you and your Thai wife got married in the UK.. They will give you a Kor Ror 22 form which is a  "certification of registration of marriage abroad" .
By getting a Kor Ror 22 ,which means your marriage in the UK will be registered here at your local Amphur , which should make the visa application a little easier at KCI.....hopefully. ::)
Maybe one of the other members on here may have better info than I have tried to supply or whist you still have a few months before you need your extension, then maybe go to Kap Choeng immigration and ask them what you need to do ,the last thing you want to do is to leave to the last moment to try and sort out your paperwork !!
:)

Just a note. First you have to go to your embassy in Bangkok and swear an affidavit that your marriage certified is true. Then while your in BK at your embassy go across the street to a translator services and they will due the translation of both your marriage certificate and the affidavit and send them to the MFA and return them to you. At which point what SK has said is pretty much correct. Your idea of making a trip to KCI and asking is spot on. They will give you an 8 page pac of forums some in english and some in Thai to be filled out by you and your wife. You will need pass port photos and 3 4x6 photos of the two of you about the your house with one of the photos showing your address. You will need a hand drawn map where you leave. Your wife will need to submit copies of her house book and ID card. As you said a trip to KCI is indeed warranted and you can cheek out the Chong Chom Market.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2016, 07:51:28 AM »
GL is on the money.

You need to get your marraige certifictae certified as true. Then a translation notorised by the MFA.

You may wish to go to the local district office to where you live and register the marriage too.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
Another point. After you have the MFA certification YOU have to go to your local amphur with these and have the marriage registered. The amphur after they register your marriage will give you a KR-22 stamped and certified by them that you are now legally recognized in Thailand as being married. ( A KR-2 is for those that are married in Thailand). Every year you will need to to get a new KR-22 for your marriage extension. KCI requirement. This shows that your still married. Cost is a whopping 20 baht. For info the KR-22 or the KR-2 can be obtained at any amphur in Thailand after your marriage is registered. Also when you apply at KCI and this is a nation wide standard you will be put on an under consideration of 30 days which is part of your 12 marriage extension. During that 30 day under consideration KCI will call your wife not you and confirm an interview time at your house. You will need two wittiness and as of late KCI is requiring that they be village officials. Your wife will take care of this. And just in case your wife has to be with you when you apply at KCI.

Offline Dylan.t

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:02 AM »
Thanks for the information - not as easy as I initially thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong -looks like I'll have to travel and make an appointment at the Embassy in Bangkok and get our wedding certificate notarised. Then get it translated and verified by the MFA  in Bangkok. Will I have to make an appointment with the MFA or just show-up on the day?
Travel back to Surin and get the KR22 form using the translated, notarised wedding certificate.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick