{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 193831 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »
Non Immigrant O  Extension Based on Marriage / Documents needed:

Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm.
Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

Copy of passport ( with certified true copy ) 2 copy

Marriage Certificate 2 copy (Copy of marriage registration Papers (Kor Ror.3)

(Tabian Ban)Wife’s house registration 2 copy

Wife’s identity card 2 copy

bank guarantee, signed with the bank manager i pick it up in the bank 1 day before

An updated Bank Book (updated on the same day as the bank guarantee paper),
Showing more than 400.000 (more than 3 month).
OR
Evidence of the male farangs monthly income of 40,000 Baht.
Embassy letter if originating outside Thailand.
Tax reciepts if from within Thailand.

Photos: Front of the house where you live,include you and your wife infront of the house.
Bring photos from your wedding as well, it may also be good.
MAP OF THE HOUSE ADDRESS.

Copy of photo page, visa page and entry/permit to stay stamp page.
Add copy of TM6 departure card. (1 copy is enough) Just sign each copy that is what certification means.

3 to 5 Wife signs all of these and you also sign marriage certificate (it has your name on it).
(only one copy needed)

Need copies of bank book pages also signed. Best to get an update on the day you go to immigration.

Advice:
Please be patient and don't get angry if things get slow or have any further documents the officer requesting you to bring. :)

*Bring all originals you have with you as well just in case the officer would like to see them as well.

sawadi
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:57:47 PM by ADMIN »

dave the dude

Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »
Hi
Thats really useful info, as the list I got from Korat was written in Thai! confused4
Has this English list originated from that Office?

One mall point..

7. should also include the requirement for evidence of the male farangs monthly income of 40,000b, Embassy letter if originating outside Thailand and Tax reciepts if from within Thailand

Thanks for this info,Admin

Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:01:47 PM »
Hi
Thats really useful info, as the list I got from Korat was written in Thai! confused4
Has this English list originated from that Office?

One mall point..

7. should also include the requirement for evidence of the male farangs monthly income of 40,000b, Embassy letter if originating outside Thailand and Tax reciepts if from within Thailand

Thanks for this info,Admin

Dave

You're welcome. I edit the original list and added these you advised.

The problem with the Tax option is that it cost too much (more than 40K baht yearly Tax) as it's ONLY the husband/farang income and NOT COMBINED INCOME (As it used to be 1 year ago  letitallout).

sawadi

Offline ducati05

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
Thanks ADMIN, printed and filed.... I will be lodging my visa app here in Dubai in the next few weeks
and this list will save me a lot of headaches when i go for my exstention........... brick1 brick1   

Offline disting

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
There is a form not mentioned here that the girls at Chok Chai gave me. Its completely in Thai and has to be filled in in Thai. One each for the wife and me. Its a questionnaire/affidavit from the police saying who you are, job, family history, did I marry willingly etc etc. I had it translated to English. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

dave the dude

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
There is a form not mentioned here that the girls at Chok Chai gave me. Its completely in Thai and has to be filled in in Thai. One each for the wife and me. Its a questionnaire/affidavit from the police saying who you are, job, family history, did I marry willingly etc etc. I had it translated to English. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

Quite correct. My wife had to fill one-in in February. It basically confirmed the details in my application (in Thai)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »

Here are the questionnaire/affidavit from (Free translation to English):
The translation is not so good in places but enough to understand what 
is being asked.
Please remember the form must be completed in THAI not 
english, one for wife, one for husband.

sawadi

[attachimg=#]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:20:05 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »
Firstly may I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have tried the "search" feature without success.

I intend to apply for an extension to my Non "O" visa, based on marriage to a Thai national.

My circumstances are as follows:

I was married in October 2009; I have 4 back to back Non "O" visas in my passport; I can meet all the requirements for this type of extension (financial etc).

My current Non "O" is valid until "visa must be utilised before 24 November 2011". So my question is when is the best time to apply, as in prior to 24/11/11 or after I do my last visa run in November 2011.

Thanks in anticipation

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
Why would you do a visa run on November 2011? Is it a Multi entry visa require you to cross the border every 3 months and get another 3 months extention each time?

Anyway, you should apply to get the extention about 2-4 weeks before your visa expire.

Financially, you should keep the minimum 400,000 Baht at least 3 months in YOUR(Solely yours) THAI bank account.

Anyhow, you should read the information above.

If you have any further questions, we are here to help. sawadi

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
Thanks for that Admin, but I think you have missed the point of my question.................... Do I apply for a 12 month extension during the validity period of my current "Non O" visa OR after I do my last visa trip in November by which time I will not have a "valid" visa and purely an entry/exit by stamp in my passport?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 09:58:28 PM »
Thanks for that Admin, but I think you have missed the point of my question.................... Do I apply for a 12 month extension during the validity period of my current "Non O" visa OR after I do my last visa trip in November by which time I will not have a "valid" visa and purely an entry/exit by stamp in my passport?

As I told you, 2-4 weeks before your visa expire.
*Your non 'o' multi entry visa validity date won't matter anymore because you are applying for a 12 months extention!

If I was you, I  squeeze the visa till the end.
ie; make the visa run on november and apply for extention 1 month before expiration.
(It will be around January 2012)

But its really depend on your circumstances.

Your choice. king1

Dave the Dude

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 08:56:02 AM »
You are allowed to apply no more than 30 days before your Visa expires and there is a wealth of formalities/paperwork&photocopies required.

A while back, I produced/adapted a 'tick list' of requirements (thats the type of extension, I am on too BTW) and if you are unsure, PM me and I will forward the info!

Dave 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:36:19 AM by ADMIN »

mxyzptlk

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:15:34 AM »
You can apply while your visa is still valid, as long as it is within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay. I got sick of doing border hops, so I got my 1 year extension well before my Non O visa expired. 

boloa

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »
You can apply while your visa is still valid, as long as it is within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay. I got sick of doing border hops, so I got my 1 year extension well before my Non O visa expired. 

Yes a much better option ....if you can meet all the requirements ,mainly having money in the bank or proof of the required income . rolleyesbar

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
Update!

About the bank statement:

The last date show in the bank book should be less than 7 days before the day you apply.

In my case the last withdraw from the account was on 25/12/2010 so the officer said it might be a problem and not approved so just for any case she advised me to go to the closest bank (Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima) to deposit even 100 Baht that it will show the last date in the bank book is less than 7 days (IE: TODAY). slapfight

*Never mind that I updated and printed the bank book in the bank just yesterday.
+I have got a letter from the bank stating the updated amount I have in my bank account.

My conclusion and advice:
Deposit Minimum amount to the bank on the day you print the bank statement for the immigration to avoid confusion and wasted time.

sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM