{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Permanent Residence Process  (Read 36603 times)

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
Re: Permanent Residence Process
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:02 AM »
If you are married, let the wife buy the land......if you are not sure on that, then you have the wrong wife....other than that, why would you want to own land here????

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
If you are married, let the wife buy the land......if you are not sure on that, then you have the wrong wife....other than that, why would you want to own land here????

Well said Wildoats.  bravo1

Invest in a good wife first! bananadance

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »
Hi

I suppose if you have residency you no longer have to keep either 400k or 800k in the bank to maintain your visa.

TBWG sawadi

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »
Hi

I suppose if you have residency you no longer have to keep either 400k or 800k in the bank to maintain your visa.

TBWG sawadi

That is correct, but when you apply they want to know how much you will have available in later years (pensions savings etc) and only if they think it is sufficient will they move the application forward. Beware they also require proof of what you tell them!

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:03:34 AM »

giggle

So, which of your 3 investments have given you the best return

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 06:06:29 AM »

Haven't had to realise my investment on the 3rd!

Open to offers  thumbup

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »

giggle

I would say the dancer at Oasis agogo, the dancer at Champange aggo, and the little sweet thing on Soi 6   redman

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »

I would say the dancer at Oasis agogo, the dancer at Champange aggo, and the little sweet thing on Soi 6   redman

All to be surpassed perhaps on October 10th at Krasang!!!  clap

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
Permanent Residence applications 2010.

I have just talked with the Thai immigration in Bangkok.
(Korat immigration office referred me to the Bangkok immigration office for this application as they said they are not doing it in their office).

Bangkok head office of Immigration said there is still no announcement of when to apply for Permanent Residence this year.

They said they are still waiting for an approvment /announcement of the exact dates to open for applications.

sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
Phuket Opinion: Policy on Thai residency should not be secret
Phuket Gazette 2011-03-27

PHUKET: It's time for the Ministry of Interior (MoI) to set up a special task force to begin fast-tracking the processing of the huge backlog of permanent residency (PR) applications it is now sitting on in silence.

Such a move would have multiple benefits for all parties involved, including, especially, foreign investors (potential and extant) and Thailand’s all-important tourism industry.

For reasons that have apprently never been divulged by the MoI, the stacks of stale PR applications, submitted in good faith and at great expense by law-abiding, long resident "visitors" to Thailand, continue to gather dust at the ministry.

The farce has aged to the extent that any foreigner who technically qualifies for permanent residency status under the Immigration Act would certainly be put off from applying at all, given that the current plethora of applications dates back to at least 2006.

The breakdown in processing these applications reportedly stems from a xenophobic decision put in place almost a decade ago by 'social order' activiist Purachai Piemsomboon, Interior Minister (and foe of Phuket's night entertainment industry) under former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Phuket Gazette readers will know that Police Captain Purachai agreed last week to lead the Pracha Santi Party into the upcoming general elections, and that pollsters see him as a credible contender for the nation's premiership.

Thailand’s current requirements for foreigners to obtain permanent residency are among the most restrictive in the world, at least for male applicants seeking that status on the basis of marriage to a Thai and support of a Thai family.

Current regulations make it far easier for the foreign spouse of a Thai man to obtain residency, a fact which is inherently sexist and completely at odds with the spirit of Thailand's current constitution.

At its heart, qualification for residency status requires male applicants to prove beyond any doubt that their presence in the Kingdom is advantageous to the country. Applicants are also required to prove that they have been in the country for a minimum of three years on consecutively-issued, one-year permits-to-stay, and have paid all of their taxes.

Another stringent requirement put in place during Pol Capt Purachai’s tenure requires male applicants to pass a Thai-language test. Few other countries, with the notable exception of the United Kingdom, impose similar requirements on visa and/or residency applicants – with good reason.

Even the United States puts the primacy of the family unit over language concerns.

Permanent residency applicants, many of them from Phuket, represent the best and brightest of Thailand’s expatriate community. Simply ignoring their applications, submitted in good faith over the past five years, is unacceptable.

If the Government wants to do away with this avenue for immigration, it should amend the Immigration Act to reflect this fact; announce the amendment widely; and stop wasting everybody’s time.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »
Reviving this thread. 

Has any BE here obtained permanent residency while on a Retirement extension? 

I am married to a Thai National, I will reach my 3rd consective retirement extension next year.  I am wondering if I should apply for the PR. 

1.  I am not concerned about costs vrs just doing extensions.  It seems to me that I may be able to get a PR and the hell with 90 day reports.  However, will need to continue to add a yearly multi entry if I feel the need (so I can come and go as I please). 

2.  A work permit would be easier, especially if on a Retirement extension were no work is allowed.   

I was going to change to a marriage extension next year (to start up a business), but I am thinking the PR may be the way to go. 

Would like to hear from some PR holders.  Could be talked into meeting in Buriram (beers on me) to get 1st hand knowledge of the process. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:43:05 PM by mxyzptlk »

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
Can you read and write Thai ?
Can you sing the Thai National anthem?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
Contact Isaan Angkor Tours. They post on BE and SF. One of the owners has a PR.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
Contact Isaan Angkor Tours. They post on BE and SF. One of the owners has a PR.
Very true but PK N got it many, many years ago and he has been known to burst into song if the right fluids are available!.  party2

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick